30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

Farm Supplier
    I voted a even mix of both, but i want to add, i hated the three unique dragons event, which was based on luck only, if you didn't get the drop you missed out. i didn't get the third despite putting in considerable effort, and although i had the gems i refused to buy it/the mats. i made it a challenge to get the events done with out large outlay of gems, or fail it. that is still a sore point for me.
    A luck based event with a time limit was C R AP.
    Another point is the neighbours request. Slowly getting a group of good neighbours so not too bad, BUT i would rather that on future events, we ask for neighbours help FIRST, then allow us to catch up for the rest of the event, NOT at the end when neighbours replies can be slow, that's also a big pile of manure.

I loved the Valentine Quest with the Love Shack and all of the pink decorations and animals. Also enjoyed the St. Patrick's Day Event where we received rainbow crates of energy and Rainbow decorations. The community events are too difficult to complete with impossible goals for lower level kingdoms. Do appreciate knowing when the quest is over I can still complete the story line and obtain a building upgrade or prize at my own pace. I like having different colored animals (not just cats and dogs), different trees/flowers, and unique additions to our kingdom: animated objects, buildings that change in appearance with each upgrade, etc. I also like seeing the end goal in Stormie's kingdom so I lnow what to work towards.

Banned
    I like the ones where it is possible to get the prize. The Halloween dog and cat were just ridiculous - I had a huge store and still there was no way to get it. They need to decide - either it is a timed event and you don't need to collect huge amounts of items where it takes a long time for the items to be collected, or a timed event where it's items like corn that you can harvest in a rapid amount of time. And there should never be a rare drop in a timed event. No rats tails, no fur - those should only be for events that aren't timed. And I don't understand the point of the Baron's tent at all - you throw three cabbages and get a handful of coins or some wheat. If you want the main prize you have to spend money, right? Instead of six slots you have to fill it should only be three. It just seems like a complete ripoff to have there be no way to get the main prize without spending actual money.

Having said that, I'd like to get a chance at the reindeer stables and the love shack prize - I wasn't playing at the time.

Farm Supplier
    I'm always enjoying the monster hunts.

As for crafting or collecting, I don't mind much, but I agree that:
    - you shouldn't be dependent on getting 15-20 of something a day from your neighbours, or there should be enough room to make up for it
    - if there is adventures involved it should still be doable if you don't have a barracks
    - in a timed event, if you need to do adventures, those should always drop the same amount of the required item, there should not be occasional or irregular drops - unless it's a non-standard adventure requiring less time
    - I don't like those events where the new building alone drops something that is required to upgrade the very same building - but even worse was the stuff with the orphanage where in theory you could craft something, but crafting time was 16 hours so crafting was utterly useless
    - and oh yes, the prize should be worth the effort!!!

Host(ess)
    Please please please stop the timed events. Some of us don't live in free wifi land.

Lightbulb

I like an event that gives me a functional item; not decoration. I can buy deco if I really want it.

I hate events where neighbor requests are required.

But most of all I HATE HATE HATE timed events. I understand that things need to expire, but saying 'get these 50 things in the next 2 days!' is just annoying and makes me not play.
    Last edited by robotparade; 11-17-15 at 02:33 PM. Reason: sprinkled more faerie dust

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I like an event that gives me a functional item; not decoration. I can buy deco if I really want it.

I hate events where neighbor requests are required.

But most of all I HATE HATE HATE timed events. I understand that things need to expire, but saying 'get these 50 things in the next 2 days!' is just annoying and makes me not play.
    The problem with the timed event is you loose the items you contribute if you don't get all the items. The pumpkin dog and cat event really irritated me in that regard - I didn't get them and I lost a huge store trying to.

But I like the turkey animals - I got at least some so even if I don't get them all I will be happy. Their goals are more realistic. If you have to collect 50 items in three days from a building that only gives you something every day or so then I don't bother to participate. And I really don't bother if it's a rare item - those should never, ever appear in a timed event. Ever.

Someone put up funny pictures of yellow cows that looked legless as a glitch at one of their neighbor's. It looked to me like they had at one point released duck cows - maybe for Easter? I think bunny animals might be cute for that. But animals that you have to work that hard for should give rare drops, not just regular drops. They don't have to give them every time. And make the animals the same size as the other animals - I'm noticing these special items animals are pretty small. I can barely see my turkey chicken.

Oh, and they could give the animals reindeer antlers for Christmas.
    Last edited by rulerofjennyville; 11-18-15 at 05:11 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rulerofjennyville View Post
    And make the animals the same size as the other animals - I'm noticing these special items animals are pretty small. I can barely see my turkey chicken.
    That's because it's a baby. After you feed it enough, it looks like a normal chicken. Although I agree that it was tiny even by baby animal standards.

Personally, I liked the Halloween animal mini event. The materials were clearly stated at the beginning of the event, so you could tell whether you could reach the goal in 3 days before committing any energy or resources. The material cost was high, but the rewards were tent prizes. So in some sense, it was trading a lot of inventory for gems, which seems fair to me.

The quests that really bother me are the kind of thing that you front loaded the mystery party event with -- visit fifteen cottages then fifteen towers, then a bunch of marketplaces, then fifteen farmhouses and fifteen conservatories. That's either a crazy amount of time or it's a lot of time and a crazy amount of overbuilding in our overcrowded kingdoms. (Remember all the times we ask for expansions and you don't give them to us? And by "a lot of time", it's not just sapping the timer but also scheduling our lives about coming back to the game every X hours to babysit our visit quests. Think back to the orphanage event: that was a one hour timer to collect several hundred resources even before the heavy candy demands, and it wasn't clear until the very end that we had a lot of time to waste on that.

Strange. I can't vote. Results are desplayed but I didn't vote. But it's not a problem actually because there is no good answer in the list.
    Like many players, I think that more harvest or craft is not what define a good event or not. The most important for me are the rewards we can keep at the and if the quest is really doable (without spending Gems obviously). A hard quest is not a problem. A undoable quest (like the Orphenage Event) is.

The Orphenage Quest of last Halloween is one of (maybe THE one) the most unpleasant Event we had in this game. Too long, too much fails (quest was just undoable at the start and had to be ajusted with updates), and a REALLY ridiculous reward compare to the hard work we done on it.
    To the opposite, last year Halloween Event, despite it was not one of the easiest, was one of the most cool. The nice designed Haunted Mansion still have its place on my kingdom, even long time after the end of the Event and the different rewards we got (Cauldron, Haunted Tree and Cownt Dracula) was ones of the most usefull we can get during an Event. And I don't forget my favorite Event's reward: the Bountifull Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Tictoclolo View Post
    Strange. I can't vote. Results are desplayed but I didn't vote. But it's not a problem actually because there is no good answer in the list.
    Like many players, I think that more harvest or craft is not what define a good event or not. The most important for me are the rewards we can keep at the and if the quest is really doable (without spending Gems obviously). A hard quest is not a problem. A undoable quest (like the Orphenage Event) is.

The Orphenage Quest of last Halloween is one of (maybe THE one) the most unpleasant Event we had in this game. Too long, too much fails (quest was just undoable at the start and had to be ajusted with updates), and a REALLY ridiculous reward compare to the hard work we done on it.
    To the opposite, last year Halloween Event, despite it was not one of the easiest, was one of the most cool. The nice designed Haunted Mansion still have its place on my kingdom, even long time after the end of the Event and the different rewards we got (Cauldron, Haunted Tree and Cownt Dracula) was ones of the most usefull we can get during an Event. And I don't forget my favorite Event's reward: the Bountifull Table.
    Up in the upper corner it says the poll is closed.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast