30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

Rhino Keeper
    A good idea to have a feedback thread, but it would have been more informative if you had listed the last dozen or so events and asked for a good/indifferent/bad rating.

I'm not fussed whether it's harvesting or crafting, it can be enjoyable or not, depending on how well it is thought out. Also for me completing the quest is the important thing, regardless of whether the "prize" is useful or not. Fortunately I still have enough room for almost everything I "win".

I have a few suggested dos and donts for the team, some of which may have been mentioned already.

DO
    Have more untimed main story line events.
    Have community visits and heart collections, not just neighbours all the time.
    Reissue some of the older events which newer players have missed. I was very pleased with the summer gazebo and glimmerbat for example.
    Learn from past mistakes.
    Keep players informed at all times.

DON'T
    Alienate Android users by having IOS only updates.
    Make timed events dependent on random drops.
    Move the goalposts during an event either to make it harder or easier.
    Release ANYTHING without being sure it works properly.
    React to criticism with a knee jerk extra reward.

Farm Supplier
    As a 37 level player I would LOVE the chance to craft Alicorns and have different dragons. Maybe you could try and give us the chance, and the upper levels could have something new to work towards at the same time which would stay in the story line.
    A good mix of crafting and collecting seems to work for those of us with other full time commitments offline. For instance, I am STILL working towards Sir Daisy but as there are no time constraints on him, Im not stressed about it, unlike the Orphanage which I abandoned as it wasnt doable for me.
    "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it."

Queedom name: Devonia
    ID: camber16

I hate hate hate depending upon my neighbors for items. Many of my neighbors are on different time / sleep/ work schedules than me and many do not play daily. It's frustrating to miss something by one or two items because it's timed- especially when the items start rolling in two days later 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by A7B92 View Post
    I don't mind harvesting and crafting. I get a bit annoyed when I am dependent on neighbor responses, especially before I can move on in a timed event. I get irritated when a timed event depends on rarely dropped items (think gold nuggets). By the way, what am I to do with golden apples? And purple hides?
    Im with you..timed events with random drops are the worst..also events that require that you go on adventures and the drops are still random.
    BTW, the golden apples can be used in the trade building along with golden eggs and nuggets to trade for gems. No use for purple hide but there are dozens of items in my inventory that there is no use for. Wish they would figure out how to incorporate these items into new quests.

Wish we could buy more decorative items ( that dont require gems) that dont just depend on quests. Would give people a way to put some personality into their kingdoms. Buying gems with game money would be great too!

Host(ess)
    It is NOT a question of more or less crafting or harvesting to make an event interesting for me and giving me joy.
    It's the possibility to get new funny or useful items, buildings, decorations.

BUT: These rewards should also be better related to the efforts we have do make to get them. Klicking 10 days and nights stupidly just to get a simple decoration is NOT funny. They should at least be animated or useful and / or give rare crafted materials like trade tickets or gems.
    Nobody needs Dogs and cats giving milk, or a coloured pond named something with essence but giving just some water and fish every 12 hours. That was never worth collecting all those truffels, living woods, glow worms and puddings.

Banned
    The premise of the poll is self defeating. You have to harvest something to be able to craft correct? just look at what events were most popular and spin off something from that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by burritosprings View Post
    The premise of the poll is self defeating. You have to harvest something to be able to craft correct? just look at what events were most popular and spin off something from that.
    Yep, lol. Crafting is one of my favorite things with CS, but how do you craft without harvesting? Great updates: Pyre Cavern dragon quest and all troll updates. I would live happily without the community harvesting events, or at least limited to one/year...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Rhino Keeper
    Actually, it is not a question about "crafting" or "collecting/harvesting" if I like a quest.

If I need to craft using lots of rare items (like gold nuggets), I won't like it
    If I need to collect large amounts of some items (like 99 gold coins), I will get tired of doing it and think its actually not worth doing it
    If a quest takes very long time, I will lose interest.
    If the reward is not attractive (like cats/dogs dropping milk/wood/fruits or buildings dropping coins) I will not try very hard to get it

On the other hand, if the goal is reachable within a reasonable time (like one week or maybe two) and if the reward is useful and/or enjoyable (like a white alicorn or - yes, again, the love shack) I am willing to spend gems and make in-app purchases.
    Last edited by rembetiko; 11-07-15 at 06:40 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Just to mention that I love the monster hunts even though I am on Android and some of the monsters do not visit me. I don't even mind that with current progress it will take about 20 seasons to get the final prize.
    BUT if S8 stop the hunts too soon and the camp is only then available with gems I will ERUPT.
    I suggest that the final season (whenever that may be) is untimed to give everyone a chance.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast