30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

I like the mix! I just started playing last year - I didn't participate in the Halloween quest because I had so few resources but did manage to do the Thanksgiving Table which was definitely a fun mix of harvest/craft etc.
    I also don't think you have to please everyone... It's great to offer a mix of updates that are holiday themed etc for everyone as well as story-line expanders. You may get complaints from lower levels grumbling if the update is the ability to level up to 60 or something you can do after completing "Sister sister" but those updates/quests can be more challenging because you aren't limited to corn, wheat, cottages and farmhouses, and for those of us who aren't there yet, we still have more of the game to play so shouldn't complain that we can't participate immediately as long as those thing will be available to us later on in the game.
    I'm happy to be neighbors, but don't send an invite to this ID as it's my backup game. Let me know and I can invite you to my main game (with kingdom name Timewaster)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade2015 View Post
    The key is the reward. It has to be able to justify the work hard and time we put in. (Everyone know what I am referring to).

Honestly, I would like to see the type switching between events. Like one is more focused on crafting (less harvesting), while the next one more harvesting with less crafting, and maybe the following two are a good mix of both....

AND PLEASE POST THE FINAL REWARD AND WHAT IT GIVES AT THE START OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah! The final prize of the Trick and Treat event this year was a disaster and caused uproar in the forum. I wonder how long will it last?

Host(ess)
    The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!
    And the bountiful table was an amaaaazing prize!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vlspd View Post
    The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!!!!
    Omg! Youre right! I enjoyed that quest A LOT!
    WE NEED NEW DRAGONS or other creatures

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by vlspd View Post
    The event with thise THREE UNIQUE DRAGONS!!!! Was sooooo much fun!!!!!
    And the bountiful table was an amaaaazing prize!!!!
    hope TL repeats that one, due to circumstances i missed out..
    and also the event that gave the loveshack will be much apreciated by lots of newer players.
    if we are speaking about games economy.. the love shack needs to be in for everyone because thats a way to craft unicorns!
    Fan of the No Cash for Thieves Club, never again paying for gems until a Gem Confirmation Button is included. still waiting till Wali is allowed to return to his Love♥️

Rhino Keeper
    I like having a daily trade with different things to trade each day. Until cottages started dropping items last week (when it suddenly went from impossible to easy), it would have been nice having a daily trade for puddings. You can choose to do the trade if you have plenty, but it doesn't hold you back if you don't.

And I like having to ask my neighbours for things, but I don't like that being the thing holding things up, so it's good if you can make a goal step that says ask for 50 things, and do four adventures, so that you are expected to take four days to do it. It's the main way I work out who of my neighbours is still playing.

Farm Supplier
    I'm level 50 so have been playing for several years. I also really liked the dragon quest, - the dragons are animated, there is a variety and you can collect from them. I don't like getting just decorations - they go into storage (at least the orphanage gives coins) I could not get the little piggie cuz I didn't have enough gold nuggets so I don't like it when you have something with limited resources. Lower levels are still leveling up and so have different story lines to work on. I am finished with everything and would like something to work on. Do a story update (not a limited time) with a good prize at the end - (think bountiful table, cauldron etc) that the high levels could do now and the lower levels will know that they will work towards and it won't just disappear. I'd also like something I could spend all those coins on! Visiting neighbors and community members is fine - I love seeing other people's kingdoms.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade2015 View Post
    The key is the reward. It has to be able to justify the work hard and time we put in. (Everyone know what I am referring to).

Honestly, I would like to see the type switching between events. Like one is more focused on crafting (less harvesting), while the next one more harvesting with less crafting, and maybe the following two are a good mix of both....

AND PLEASE POST THE FINAL REWARD AND WHAT IT GIVES AT THE START OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes agree with you for sure !!! Valid point

Executive Chef
    The trick is to combine the harvesting and crafting ... to give people the option of different ways to complete the same task

Take this halloween event with the dirt puddings ... if we were ALSO able to craft the gummy worms and cookies in our kitchens to go along with collecting them from the buildings.

Also just collecting is boring as hell ... if you collect items that then need to be crafted into a larger item (like the dirt puddings) and then if you need to craft something with those crafted items
    (example: dirt pudding + flour = monster cake ; monster cake + 10 milk = scary milkshake) - poor example but you get the idea
    like the blythwood faries part 3 ... get the items from the adventures (harvest/collect), craft them into something else, craft the crafted items together.

The END PRIZE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT , not what you need to do, or how easy/hard it is to do.
    And what's with the looooong collection times on things recently??
    essence pool - 12hr for water?! wtf?! should be 10mins for water drop
    truffel trove - 24hr for 1 truffel?! wtf?! with a 24hr wait should at LEAST be a 1-3 drop rate

Farm Supplier
    We need events that are fun and worthwhile to complete, definately not like the last event...

The eventual prize needs to be either animated or to give drops that helps progress in the game. Progress to completing the event must not rely on random drops or the frequent collection of a arbitrary large number of items. The currently worthless Essence Pool and Orphanage have gone into my storage along with the items from the Equestrian Event and the Castle Gardens. The Vineyard Estate and the Romantic Gazebo drop decent items, so take up a useful role in my Kingdom.

I have only been playing for just under a year, but I'm now at level 50 with no quests left to do, and with only a few expansions left to get. I now need interesting events and further quests to maintain my interest in the game. I missed out on the early events such as the Love Shack and the Bountiful Table which seem to have been fun to do and which give valuable items.

As has been said lots of times before, the passion seems to have evaporated from the CS development team recently. Everything seems to be just thrown together without much thought for the players and only in mind of the "games economy". What's happened to all the cute effects in recent buildings, such as rippling flags in the wind and smoke coming out from the chimneys?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast