30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joss1323 View Post
    ����Happy New Year���� ......... (Extract) That's all I can recall. What events have you liked or dislike and why?
    Looks like you've given this some thought there is already a thread about this though, so am merging with the sticky thread created by PikaSquirrel. If you look at the Update Guide (in the Hub of course), you will see a list of all events we've had.

I have really enjoyed the stargazer's ridge event. IMO, the perfect blend of collecting and crafting. With reasonable crafting times and resource needs. Plus, although it is timed, it's doable without having to log in hourly. Thanks for this one!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 02-07-16 at 05:25 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    In the middle of the earth, in the land of Shire
    I love Castle Story. I actually enjoy the community collecting events quite a lot. The quests that make me most disappointed are the ones that require farming. Not harvesting, but farming materials, especially ones that have a short time. Gives me a case of the regrets: "If only I had remembered to check this four hours ago, I could have had twice as many of this by now." But if it has a long craft/grow time, then don't require more than 15 or 20.

Personally, I have a full-time job and a one-year old, and I hate missing out on the events. Every time a new one pops up, I get sad because I know I am not going to be able to meet the demands and end up with decorations that will sit in storage (I prefer my kingdom to be utilitarian, as space is at a premium) and half-finished quest buildings. I would love the opportunity to finish some of them (maybe do NEW quests reusing the old buildings where the drops are the same?)

I want to echo the good end prize sentiment. Prizes that drop already crafted items (like feasts, or building materials or something) would be super helpful. Having multiple sources for special items (like the grapes for the vineyard quest or how the fireworks came from the markets) would be nice.

I do think for the game to continue you will eventually have to add to the full storyline, not just make periodic quests pop up. Add more land expansions. Cater to your loyal level-50ers as well as your new people.

Oh, and one more thing. If the quest you posted is more for higher-level players, tell me! Say "Level 25 or higher recommended" and I will save my items for a quest which is more my speed, instead of using all my items and flailing to try to finish a quest, then being completely unprepared for the next one that comes two weeks later. Higher level players won't be disappointed if they decide to participate in a level 10 quest and it is too easy. You could level the prizes, too.

NEVER EVER STOP THE MONSTER HUNTING. BEST FUN EVER.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678