30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

What kind of events have you enjoyed?

Hey Kings and Queens,

We've had a lot of events in Castle Story and would like to know what type of event you've enjoyed the most. We can't guarantee that the top choice would be in future events, but we'd love to get some feedback from you guys!

EDIT: Poll has ended, but we'll keep the thread open a bit longer to get more feedback. Thanks!
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 11-23-15 at 12:08 PM.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper
    I don't mind harvesting and crafting. I get a bit annoyed when I am dependent on neighbor responses, especially before I can move on in a timed event. I get irritated when a timed event depends on rarely dropped items (think gold nuggets). By the way, what am I to do with golden apples? And purple hides?

The biggest are the ones with useful prizes not just decorations

If the prize is decorations, please make them animated!

Rhino Keeper
    I said mostly crafting, some harvesting, cos you have to remember that harvesting takes up a lot of energy.

Rhino Keeper
    I actually think a good quest with different elements to be honest. If your having these events for lower level players as well a good mixture will help them out. For example say you want to do a 2 week quest you can ask neighbors for items but don't make that it's owned timed quest. Lower level players don't have many neighbors so ask for 10 items, instead of 40. I love to visit other kingdoms, we can visit community members, that's not hard, visit 50 community members not click on hearts. That is time consuming. Then have some rock chopping or tree cutting helps lower level players as well. We can harvest crops and make something. For example add a new crop like grapes, we can make grape juice, get grape juice while collecting. Then keep the grape juice and make a trade with water, grape juice, and lemonade. Most people get bored doing the same thing over and over. Collecting from one source hundreds of times turn people off. Switch it up. Don't just stick to harvesting and collecting there's so much more we can do in our kingdoms.

I am choosing mostly crafting with some harvesting. When I think of harvesting events, I tend now to think of timed quests which seem excessive lately. I have a second lower-level kingdom which I have not had participate in any of the latest timed quests because it was frustrating enough needing to find time to log in and harvest things in my primary kingdom. I can only imagine other, newer players desperately trying to build enough things to harvest from in order to compete. Crafting events seem more relaxed and allows people to take their time, as well as allow more energy resources to be used on things the player wants to use them for, which is what this kind of game should be about!

Rhino Keeper
    If harvesting includes collecting from buildings ( an insane number of times) ,I vote for mostly crafting,some harvesting

The key is the reward. It has to be able to justify the work hard and time we put in. (Everyone know what I am referring to).

Honestly, I would like to see the type switching between events. Like one is more focused on crafting (less harvesting), while the next one more harvesting with less crafting, and maybe the following two are a good mix of both....

AND PLEASE POST THE FINAL REWARD AND WHAT IT GIVES AT THE START OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Silverblade2015; 11-03-15 at 10:14 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I am not going to vote the reason being I think there is too big a gap in experience and resources between level 17 and level 50 and those that have been at level 50 for a long time for these type of events to please everyone. The lower levels struggle to get resources and complain the higher levels click a button and hand them over, finished and complain. There needs to be a complete rethink on the events, one that is challenging for level 50 and yet still rewards the lower levels. If you make something desirable players will spend money to buy it, that is good for the games economy, if no one wants no one buys it and you get the picture.

Please don't treat us like idiots, we know when you have made a mistake, own up and learn from it, we do.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast