Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Venomous Dragon Battle Tournament Nov. 6, 2015

Executive Chef
    Venomous doesn't want to come to Athena Realm. He is being difficult. I SO SO do not want to Ultimate as this is the first tournament

I've got this far without ANY Ultimates and I want to beat him! Just running out of options. Already levelled up Quetzal and Diamond over the last couple of days, just out of options. Will try Warrior Prince next.

New Resident
    Ugh Unicorn is kicking my you know what! Dont have diamond and only have one champ, Skeletal Knight from previous tourney. And unicron took him down. Along with my lvl11 Fire and Ghost Armor.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Venomous doesn't want to come to Athena Realm. He is being difficult. I SO SO do not want to Ultimate as this is the first tournament

I've got this far without ANY Ultimates and I want to beat him! Just running out of options. Already levelled up Quetzal and Diamond over the last couple of days, just out of options. Will try Warrior Prince next.
    There's still lots of time, don't ultimate yet!

#22 Sweet Tooth Lvl 14 - Rose Lvl 10, Magic. It was a critical hit.

My Spirit Queen 8 got me through rounds 23-24 no problem.
    But my Ghost Armor 9 has been a BEAST in rounds 25-28
    Unexpectedly Awesome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    There's still lots of time, don't ultimate yet!
    Oh no, I won't unless I run out of time. Debating if I have time to grow enough food to level up a candidate. Now I'm not working again I can fit growing in between job applications.....

Grrrr. I finally beat sugar plum and it glitched me back so now I have to fight it again and of course I lost. These glitches are so frustrating.

Fashion Designer
    Got through with no gold spent....very happy. Toughest I faced was Kung-Fu...he took down four dragons before he went down. Was losing hope for my new Ghost Armor. He lost the first two battles I put him in, but beat Venomous in my first attempt.
    Oddly, I did this tournament to get a super rare black/yellow combo. About half way through, realized I had a Shadow...lol.

Good luck to all still battling. Still plenty of time!

Battling Unicorn and hoping it doesn't give me too much of an issue (lost 2 babies already). This is the first full tournament I've ever gotten this far in w/o using Ultimate (focusing on leveling my champs and diamonds was really the trick).
    Add me on Dragon Story - tengoambre123

Executive Chef

Warning - long wordy post ahead!

My first tournament with NO ULTIMATES!!!! Very happy little Vegemite, I am!! Yes, I did use gold to speed up Quetzal's evolution to Epic, but that was a good investment.

Half way - now it will get tougher for me

Rd Opponent Lvl My Dragon Lvl Result
    1 Turtle 1 < Sweet Tooth 3 Mm
    2 Love 1 < Mist 6 bbb
    3 Peacock 1 < Forest 7 mbm
    4 Sterling Silver 2 < Kung-Fu 4 bmb
    5 Hypnotic 2 < Witch 4 mB
    6 Turquoise 3 < Forest 11 bM
    7 Mask 3 < Bride of Franken 4 bM
    8 Leviathan 5 < Air 11 B (KO) - bit of over**** really, but 7 may not have balanced the rarity disparity
    9 Rose 6 < Fireflower 10 bM
    10 Medusa 6 < Warrior Prince 10 KO
    11 Brazil 6 < Warrior Prince 10 mB
    12 Marble 8 < Glitter 10 mB - would have preferred green/blue, but I don't have one ready
    13 Psychedelic 8 < Watermelon 10 mM
    14 Hibiscus 9 < Parakeet 11 Bb
    15 Nouveau 12 < Warrior Prince 10 B (KO)
    Cupcake was a devil in disguise.....

21 Serpent 12 < Warrior Prince 10 mBb
    22 Sweet Tooth 14 < Warrior Prince 10 mB
    23 Cupcake 16 < Sour Candy 4 M (KO) Lost: Splatter 10, Dark Crystal 7, Crusader 12, Banshee 13, Warrior Prince 10, Fire 11
    24 Poison Ivy 17 < Maple 13 B (KO)

Down to the last six. This might be my first tournament with NOT ONE Ultimate - but I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. There is Unicorn to come.
    AND DONE!!!

25 Kung-Fu 19 < Lightning 11 bM
    26 Sugar Plum 18 < Warrior Prince 10 M (KO) Lost: Watermelon 10, Sweet Tooth 3, Sorcerer 3 (I got my green/blue confused)
    27 Iris 18 < Diamond 14 M (KO) Lost: Warrior Prince 10, Forest 11
    28 Cauldron 20 < Quetzal 10 2 strikes, forget which Lost: Diamond 14, Warrior Prince 10, Jigsaw 6, Triceratops 4, not sure what else
    29 Unicorn 20 < Quetzal 10 bMm Lost: Diamond 14
    30 Venomous 20 < Warrior Prince 10 2 strikes, forget which Lost: Watermelon 10, Quetzal 10, Ghost Armor 10, Diamond 14

I was really bad on recording my strikes. One thing I did notice, but forgot to note down at the time - one dragon I used at one point had Yellow magic, but was not a yellow dragon type and yellow was weak against the opponent. I remember thinking "Hmmm, that's not good". Will pay more attention: I've been meaning to note the magic colours, I just keep forgetting.

Watermelon was a silly choice by my half-asleep morning brain to take into Round 30. Pink is weak against black, but I know what I did, I just looked at the strong colours and given Watermelon is one of my favs, I grabbed him.

I'm definitely getting Jigsaw leveled up soon - he shows promise, just too junior.

I'm working on the theory of quickly replicating the maths in my head: so I avoid the weak colours (lose points for them), aim for equal or better rarity and equal or better level because I don't know (or my brain cannot compute - this is supposed to be relaxation) the balancing out of the pluses and minuses - for example what colour strengths or rarity bonuses will compensate for a lower level (and all the variations thereof). Clearly it happens, because babies win. Plus the formulas I've read state it. PLUS how would any of us win against level 20 dragons otherwise? This may well be why one of the players is having such success with Fire, Air and Forest - not losing points with only one colour.

Take Cauldron, a tri-colour

Black : Strong: Green, White, Cosmic, Rainbow, Royal, Champion, Egypt Weak: Yellow, Pink, Fairytale, Gemstone
    Yellow: Strong: Pink, Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Champion Weak: Red, Blue, Gold
    Green: Strong: Red, Mythic, Dino, Gemstone, Royal, Champion, Soccer Weak: Purple, Black, Stone

So the only colours strong against Cauldron are really Green and White - and some of the non-colour types, like Dino (my oldest is level 4) Egypt, Cosmic etc. If we use Green/Red, for example, given red is weak against yellow we lose points - I have no idea how many, so I try to avoid losing any at all by avoiding red.

Which is where my interest in the magic comes in, because if the magic colour is not one of the colour types of the dragon but is weak against the opponent, I'm figuring "good night Irene". Is it perhaps a prime colour of dragons that are minor types? I've yet to work it out.

I'm working on the theory Champions exist to give those of us without a full compliment of colour/rarity combinations at senior levels a fighter we can use, otherwise we'd never win without something to use!
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-09-15 at 08:32 PM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel