Thread: Extra eggs

Farm Supplier

Extra eggs

I won animals in the spin-to-win that I already have (fladingo, bulldog, etc). They are currently in storage. I don't want duplicate animals, I am short on space already. Do I leave them in storage or hatch then sell? What have other players done?

Fashion Designer
    As far as I know, there's no limit to the amount of animals you can keep in storage, so you can keep them there if you want. I have a couple duplicates from the last spin to win as well and mine are probably going to be staying there for a while. I don't really see the need to hatch and then sell them, you don't get much for them when you do sell them anyway. Maybe one day I'll have tons of extra room and bring them out of storage :-)

Executive Chef
    All of my duplicate animals are in storage and I don't have any plans to hatch them. I guess if u we're ever really short in space you could sell one of the animals that you have a duplicate of in storage then bring it out later when you got the space back. Only if really needed I guess cause you probably wouldn't want to get into doing that!

Executive Chef
    Selling them is a very negative move: there doesn't seem to be a limit to the storage capacity, you only get 100 coins per animal, and (most importantly of all!) you would then be unnecessarily blocking your nest (and hence your breeding den!), causing your expansion and breeding process to grind to a halt. Besides, someday we MAY get a kind of trade feature or better selling options for the animals and then they'd be gone. Also, at times I like to have some fun with duplicate animals. I currently have one Pumpkin Panda in the forest and 3 in storage. I may someday decide to set up a "Pumpkin Panda only" habitat, just like e.g. my "Magmacore Rock".
    There may also come a time when you want to have some animals in different stages of development in your forest. With the Pumpkin Pandas e.g., I could leave one a baby, another a juvenile, a further one an adult and the last one epic.

Just my 2 cents, but I really only see downsides to selling them, at least at the current 100 coins return value. Now, if we were given gems, bombs or runes in exchange, it could become an entirely different matter...

Rhino Keeper
    I'm in the team that keeps them in storage. If you don't plan to keep the duplicate, there's no point in hatching it. I myself don't keep any of my duplicates - unless I was lucky enough to breed an ultra rare, then it might be different!

Executive Chef
    Nope. Keep them in storage. I have over 35 in storage. Most are tournament wins, but spin the wheel award animals are nearly always duplicates. If I do not need one with specific elements for battle, I do not hatch it. I do not intend to run out of space by using it for random animals. Since I have been playing from day one of this game, I have nearly all the animals in their original release. No need to waste space.

Keeping hatched duplicates - particularly low level ones - can fill empty spaces in habitats. I mark all duplicate "hatchlings" as "sell" in the name space. It makes it easier to find an empty (or spot that CAN easily be emptied) when I get a new animal I wish to keep. There have been multiple times when these "sell" animals have come in handy during a story book quest .... Useful to feed them at low level and sell the suckers off.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    Nope. Keep them in storage. I have over 35 in storage. Most are tournament wins, but spin the wheel award animals are nearly always duplicates. If I do not need one with specific elements for battle, I do not hatch it. I do not intend to run out of space by using it for random animals. Since I have been playing from day one of this game, I have nearly all the animals in their original release. No need to waste space.
    Keeping hatched duplicates - particularly low level ones - can fill empty spaces in habitats. I mark all duplicate "hatchlings" as "sell" in the name space. It makes it easier to find an empty (or spot that CAN easily be emptied) when I get a new animal I wish to keep. There have been multiple times when these "sell" animals have come in handy during a story book quest .... Useful to feed them at low level and sell the suckers off.
    I like the idea of naming duplicate animals sell, I accidentally fed two sea horses to epic not realising I was doing so! That would be a handy way to keep track of the ones you don't really need but don't want to sell straight away. I sell most duplicates with the exception of a few rare animals or ones I really like (cosmic Phoenix, aurora Pegasus and drip munk) I have a few duplicate animals in storage that I've never really seen the point in hatching tho. Maybe one day something will be done with them

Farm Supplier
    Thanks everyone! I am going to keep the, in storage.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post

Renaming duplicates as "sell" is absolutely brilliant! After I saw this post I went through and did just that. Thank you FigmentValley for sharing such a great idea.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain1 View Post
    All of my duplicate animals are in storage and I don't have any plans to hatch them. I guess if u we're ever really short in space you could sell one of the animals that you have a duplicate of in storage then bring it out later when you got the space back. Only if really needed I guess cause you probably wouldn't want to get into doing that!
    That's a great idea! A very good reason to keep a duplicate in storage!