Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/29/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 3 - ~~EXPIRED~~

Executive Chef
    I'm at 0 wood and 1 stone after selling cottages and building 9 farmhouses. Lol! Should have been more patient and wait to find out the requirements for the goals. Oh well - no worries since there's 4 days left! Excited to get the essence pool. Hopefully already tomorrow.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    If you have the pond, you can put away everything if you want, unless you want to max out or collect more cookies and worms for souvenirs. Lol if you're still trying to get puddings, you could put out more farms as they drop the same as Cottages just a lot quicker.
    Thank you, mreames. Away they go....back into storage.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Happy with this update, for real!!! The hourly collections had gone on for far too long!
    And I'm not hearing special things about this pond either
    If you need several more puddings the farmhouses might be a better bet, giving one cookie and one worm every 10 minutes, as opposed to every 4 hours with the cottages. (Additional bonus is you can use less farmhouses due to the faster refresh time)
    If you don't need to make a lot more pudding, the farmhouse goal is coin and xp only, so no harm if you don't visit them.

I really don't mind that I built 18 extra cottages....even with those, I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get the pond. No way could I make 7-8 puddings per day and I wasn't going to spend gems (other than the 10-12 freebies I spent speeding up the orphanage) So today's update was a pleasant surprise. Now I get the pond plus souvenir cookies, worms, and puddings! And I used up inventory that I had been hoarding. Off to restock!

Ps. I want that dragon costume too!! It will go nicely with the armour skirt and crown, and masks etc from last year!

I replied to the wrong quote. My screen refreshed as I hit reply with quote, and I just realized I ended up tapping the wrong post to quote. This was supposed to be in response to a question about the farmhouses. But I agree with the player I DID quote....hourly tapping was far too long and I am happy with today's update.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 10-29-15 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Considering I only have 7 puddings, this just doesn't look to be an obtainable goral for me no matter how hard I work :-( I'm super bummed
    BrB ~ I'm off planting apples

Has anyone gemed forward to see what the pond drops yet??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasy12forest View Post
    Considering I only have 7 puddings, this just doesn't look to be an obtainable goral for me no matter how hard I work :-( I'm super bummed
    You can get 30 puddings from goals from today's update plus the farms now drop cookies and worms like the cottages, every 10 minutes.

Fashion Designer
    As a long time player I am happy. Happy that
    - I didn't stress but continued to try and put in extra effort with what I had
    - the timed events don't impact the main story lines
    - I now might finish the goal
    - CS has made it challenging over recent weeks / months. Remember when we were getting no updates?
    - it is my choice to spend or not spend gems, play the game , take a week off, set my alarm, depending on what else is happening in me life
    - i have so much stuff I don't need every new item to like my kingdom

That's a lot to be happy about

(Now I will convince myself I feel that way about the turtle in FS2 ;-) )

Host(ess)
    After the release of part one I soon realized it was impossible. I had faith things would change for the better, so I kept collecting hourly and made a few puddings before the second part came out. Then I built 30 cottages and knew, if I collected hourly from the orphanage and 4 (some days even 5) times from my cottages I would finish this goal on Sunday, maybe even Saturday. I even set an alarm at work so I wouldn't forget. Felt like a real challenge and I was proud of getting ahead of schedule.
    Read here on the forum about those poor souls who would never make it, and was hoping for a nice update today so they would have a chance too to get the pond.
    For those who were struggling to get any puddings made this must have been a great update. Getting them ahead enough so they would stand a chance.
    But for me it was a big disappointment. I put in a lot of effort, and now I know I would have made it even if I didn't do anything the last 2 weeks.

I think S8 made a mistake with this quest and we're trying to fix it as time went on and people were getting more frustrated. In the end they made it possible for everyone to get the pond.

I love this game, I love the easy quests, I love the difficult quests, I love the quests that take up to six months (like Sister, Sister) and I also love what happened today!
    Realizing it's real people who work hard to keep this game fun, thinking of new quests for the storyline, but also all kinds of things around holidays and other special occasions. The variety of things we need to do, with only 40 clicks every 2 hours to keep us coming back.
    Trying to make money so this game can keep running, by selling value packs and Trying to make us use and buy gems.

Thanks to S8 for making the right choice today, even though they knew it would probably disappoint players like me. And thanks to everyone here on the forum working hard to get us info, passing stuff through to S8, and keeping us updated!

Happy gaming everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mehershey View Post
    And just like that, from 33 puddings to 55. I imagine this will help a lot, but sucks for those who used a lot of gems to speed through the collections. It's really feast or famine with Storm8, isn't it?
    I would rather it be feast than famine. And frankly without this, it would have been impossible for me to eventually achieve their initial goal of 55 dirt puddings.

So thank you Team Lava.

Farm Supplier
    My Orphanage is in the cellar, hopefully forever, at least until that all ugly Halloween stuff disappears.

On the other hand, I have almost lost any hope for Essence Pool ever drops any worthed items. Around thousand tapes on Orphanage and cottages right down the mud. Nice tricked by last time.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast