Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/29/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 3 - ~~EXPIRED~~

Rhino Keeper
    It would not surprise me if Castle Story is not generating enough weekly revenue as it is an established game. New games give higher revenue which is why S8 continuously releases new games. CS does not have the PvP driver that Dragon Story has as an example with no arena. So now they've been given the mandate to drive up revenue any which way they can including this tedious timed event no matter how much of their existing player base it irritates. And giving away essences is not going to force people to spend more gems. They do not want willing purchases of gems but rather want people to spend based on anxiety and fear of not completing a timed event.

Castle Story 2 is likely on the horizon, like Farm Story 2, etc.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ebenezermac View Post
    With the 12 hour timer it makes a nice little cute adorable gem trap added to your board. 48 gems for +1 water is outstanding for storm8's game economy.
    Good point. Mine is going in storage now. I would be furious if that happened. And probably take it out on my innocent iPad. Ha ha

Fashion Designer
    I really really can't imagine what was going through the developer's minds when they decided to call the pool 'essence pool'.... Essence pool.... And then to let it drop way way way less than a pond....
    I think all brainwave-energy had gone into the looks of the pool, and then all energy was gone and eh.... halloween-monsters came hunting and confusing...?!
    I am Zelda

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    I really really can't imagine what was going through the developer's minds when they decided to call the pool 'essence pool'.... Essence pool.... And then to let it drop way way way less than a pond....
    I think all brainwave-energy had gone into the looks of the pool, and then all energy was gone and eh.... halloween-monsters came hunting and confusing...?!
    I've been imagining the conversation during the planning meeting for this event.
    Dev1: I have a great idea for a beautiful pond that changes color when you rotate it!
    Dev2: Sounds fun, but players are demanding no more deco.
    Dev3: So make it drop water, then, it is a pool.
    Dev1: What should the timer be?
    Dev3: For water? 12 minutes sounds about right.
    Dev2: *evil grin* How about 12 hours instead?
    Dev3: *catching on* Oh, and to earn it, they have to build some crazy overdone building that will be useless after the event!
    Dev2: Yes! It'll take a month to build, require two dozen feasts, and lots of collecting! That'll drive the players crazy!
    Dev1: Two dozen feasts? For a water dropping deco pool?
    Dev2: Fine, cut it to 20.
    Dev3: But make sure that the whole thing looks impossible until the last 10% of the time allotted!

Rhino Keeper
    More likely the devs had a great idea od a pool that that actually drops what it was named after, but the managers ****ed it as it would upset their economy.

We build an orphanage and then get a pond right next to it with unsupervised orphans. What a recipe for disaster!
    I'm taking the wait and see approach about the pool. It may tie in later with a quest or something. That said, I agree that the event was both time intensive and resource hog for the result. I spent over 100 gems speeding up(my first and only time). I did break down and buy gems for the first time to get cownt Dracula. I justified the purchase as "have I gotten $4 worth of enjoyment from the game"? The answer at the time was yes, before the event. So IMHO just ask yourself about what you like and don't like about the game and give the devs positive feedback and the game will be fun for some time yet!!!
    Wielder of the first imitation Thuakie Sword! ⚪✈➖➖➖▶ Fighting imaginary dragons with costume swords. Level 50, accepts new neighbors. Now free player due to kingdom inn, glimmer Ali, and onyx board.

Rhino Keeper
    Castle Story just recently appeared (a week or so ago) in the top 150 grossing apps on iTunes. I doubt it is doing poorly revenue-wise. This is one of Storm8's top games.

I also have yet to see an earth whisp drop from the "essence" pool despite having collected from it three times since the "fix".

This event was truly disgusting. So much time and resources dumped into a building that only drops coins and a tiny pond that has worse drops than the regular pond and well. Annoyed doesn't begin to cover how I feel about this game right now.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Host(ess)
    I'm upset to the point of giving up on this game.
    Good bye Castle Story, good bye S8
    It has been enough. If I spend so many time and effort on an event, I expect that the reward is at least something nice and not the ugly orphanage and a pool thing that gives water!
    It's been enough, more the enough, I'm back to playing a scrabble like game, not produced by S8
    Helen

Ps. Have a look at my empty land, I'll put the lot into storage (Ait_Vedan)

Host(ess)
    Lol. My feelings exactly. I'm level 50 and always maxed out on earth wisps ,so to once again not see any sort of "essence" being mentioned in regards to the "essence" pool, is simply laughable at this point. I will keep playing, I know I am falling for "sunk cost fallacy" mentality at this point but I still want to see where the story goes and find out what the heck is waiting for us at the golden corner of the bottom land. However, I can officially say I will never spend another dime on this game and actually mean it this time!

Fashion Designer
    Is there an update Thursday?