Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales - Spirit Queen Dragon

Rhino Keeper
    I really wish they would give us a heads up like 2 days prior....instead of just springing it on us. I wanted to wait a couple of days before starting but I pushed start now....I am so annoyed with myself....I got the Banshee but since my nest is filled for another 12 hours, I cant hatch him

Fashion Designer
    What was the ultimate prize dragon from the last 2 tales we had?? Kindly please let me know because they are ultra rare dragons.

Many thanks

Done my first quest 12hrs and 50 mins to go

Btw goodluck everyone!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbabe View Post
    What was the ultimate prize dragon from the last 2 tales we had?? Kindly please let me know because they are ultra rare dragons.

Many thanks

Done my first quest 12hrs and 50 mins to go

Btw goodluck everyone!!!
    Autumn Dragon, Nouveau Dragon

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xxangelmariexxx View Post
    I really wish they would give us a heads up like 2 days prior....instead of just springing it on us. I wanted to wait a couple of days before starting but I pushed start now....I am so annoyed with myself....I got the Banshee but since my nest is filled for another 12 hours, I cant hatch him
    Huh? But they do give us time. You can choose when to start the Dragon Tales event until October 31st and only then it'll start automatically.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Executive Chef
    Can someone tell me how many days we get?

Executive Chef
    From what I have learned by participating in the Dragon Tales events. Commonly asked questions are in red. Updates as more information is learned.

Food Requirements
    Banshee dragon: 38,460 food to reach level 10 (20+80+160+400+1000+2000+4800+10,000+20,000)
    126,500 food to reach level 13 (30,000+42,000+54,500)
    Ghost Armor dragon: 48,075 food (325+500+1250+2500+6000+12,500+25,000)
    Total food required: 213,035
    If you can't raise that much food, you have the option of skipping some of it for gold. It looks like you can pay 72 gold (22 for level 11, 24 for level 12, and 26 for level 13) to skip the steps raising Banshee from level 10 to level 13. That would bring the total food cost to 86,535 to raise both Banshee and Ghost Armor to level 10.
    The prompts ask you to raise Banshee above level 10 before your Ghost Armor is at level 10 and the gold cost for skipping the feedings of Ghost Armor are much greater (295 gold) than the gold cost to skip the feeding of Banshee past level 10. I plan to raise my Ghost Armor to level 10 (no penalties to raise it earlier than prompted) and then assess how much food I have to feed Banshee to levels 11-13. Maybe I'll end up skipping the level 13 feeding or the levels 12 & 13 feedings, but this way I will spend much less gold skipping than if I skip the feeding of Ghost Armor to level 10.
    If you skip feeding Banshee to level 11, you are setting yourself up for skipping the feedings for levels 12 & 13 as you can't feed for level 12 without feeding for level 11. Of course you can always level it up after skipping, but then you have wasted gold. It is best to skip the last feedings if you are going to skip feeding at all.

Special Crafted Items
    Hex Scroll: 5 Official Seals + 1 Memoir, takes 2 hours to craft in the Spell Shop
    Forgotten Throne: 2 Hex Scrolls + 1 small blue gem, takes 30 seconds to craft in the Spell Shop
    Acquire Official Seals by performing the Haunted Halls quest and the Memoir from the Endless Research Quest.
    You will need a total of 10 Official Seals and 2 Memoirs, so far I have received either 1 or 2 Official Seals per quest. I am assuming we will receive 1 Memoir for each quest, but I don't know yet. It looks like you will be required to craft the Hex Scroll before you have been prompted to do enough Haunted Hall quests to acquire the needed number of Official Seals. You will also need to craft a second Hex Scroll so you can craft the Forgotten Throne. So, make sure you go on extra Haunted Hall quests to acquire all of the extra Official Seals you'll need well before you are prompted to craft the Hex Scroll or Forgotten Throne. In addition, make sure you have a small blue gem (acquired through trading spare dragons - see the Planning for the next Dragon Tales event section, at the bottom of this post, for more information on trading dragons for gems).

How it works
    *The first possible day of the event begins at reset (10:30 am Pacific time).
    *Each day ends and the next day starts at midnight Pacific time.
    *Each day ends at a fixed time relative to when you started the event. Say you start on a Tuesday, day 2 starts Wednesday at midnight Pacific time, day 3 starts Thursday at midnight Pacific time, etc. If you skip ahead on day 1 to play the tasks for day 2, you will still have to wait until Thursday at midnight Pacific time to start the tasks for day 3 unless you spend more gold to skip ahead again.

*Each day has a series of tasks. At the end of day one, you will receive a dragon. This dragon will need to be leveled up during the event and will need to go on special quests as prompted. You probably need to take this dragon to level 10 or above, so plan your food accordingly as it may take 100,000 food.
    *The tasks get increasingly difficult and more time consuming each day. The first 3 days are pretty easy and could all be completed in one day if needed.
    *You do not need to complete each day within that day. If you fall behind a day you will not have to wait until midnight for the next step, it will start right away.
    *The prize for the first day is a dragon. Even if you don't want to try to complete the event, you can play day 1 to get this dragon. There may be a second dragon mid way through the event that can be acquired fairly easily as well.
    *There are prizes for completing the tasks for each day of the event. Day 1 you get the dragon mentioned above. On days 2-7 the prizes may be coins & experience points, special event related decoration, food, or maps.
    *If you complete the event, you will receive an Ultra Rare dragon.
    *If the event ends before you have completed every task, you will not get the final prize.
    *Each task may be skipped by using gold. Parts of tasks may not be skipped by using gold. Say you need to plant 7 crops and you plant 6, it will cost the full skip amount for planting the 1 remaining crop.
    *Tasks may differ for players below level 31 as these players can't battle yet.

When to Start
    *You do not need to start right away. There is a window of time in which you may start the game. Your 10 days start when you start the event so your day 1 may be different from your neighbor's day 1. At the end of this time window, the event will automatically start. You can chose not to participate in the event if you wish. A delayed start will also give you time to save up food and trade duplicate dragons for gemstones required in the event.
    *The last 3-4 days of the event will require a lot of attention. Schedule the event to work with your personal schedule. Maybe you have a family reunion and will be busy all weekend. It may make sense for you to start on Friday as the first 3 days are quick and easy (day 1 usually takes 5 minutes total, and day 2 usually takes 5-10 minutes if you plan ahead). Whereas, if you started on Tuesday you would need to spend a lot of time with the game. This either compromises your reunion or your ability to complete the event.
    *Days 1-3 can be completed in one day if necessary. Say the event automatically starts and you aren't free to play yet. No problem, start when you can.
    *Starting a day or two or three after the event begins means you will know what all the tasks are based on the information posted here on the forum. It is always easier if you know what to expect.
    *There is a good chance we will have a tournament during the event. It may be a 3 day flash tournament starting on a Friday or a 6 day tournament starting on a Tuesday. Keep this in mind when deciding when to start the event. You want to battle the toughest dragons of a tournament during chapters 9 and 10. On the other hand, a the beginning of a tournament, with the early easy opponents, can be a great help during the last chapters. While we don't know when tournaments will happen, but we can make educated guesses.

General Tips
    *Check the forum for information on the tasks required for each day of the event. Use this information to plan your approach to the event. It will be much easier if you know what to expect and when you need to be ready to breed, battle, quest, craft, etc.
    *Do not use gold to skip to the next day. It is not worth it unless you are doing so strategically.
    *Some tasks can be done ahead of time: quests, crafting (such as spell scrolls, hedges, etc.), and leveling up the dragon received on day 1. Do not collect until prompted or it will not count!
    Some tasks cannot be done ahead of time such as breeding and battling. If one of the tasks is to mate a certain dragon, you need to wait for the prompt or it will not count. Same goes for battling, you need to be prompted first.
    *There is a big difference between raise your dragon to a certain level and feed your dragon. If you are asked to raise the dragon this can be done ahead of time without penalty. If you are asked to feed the dragon you must wait until prompted or it will not count.

*You may need to breed two days in a row. Make sure your breeding den is available when needed. Plan your breeding for outcomes less than 24 hours if you need to breed the next day.
    *Each task may be skipped by using gold. The amount of gold varies depending on the task. Try to avoid using gold at the beginning of the event as the event will get more difficult each day and the temptation, or need, to skip tasks will increase.
    *If you are stuck on a particularly difficult battle, consider speeding up the time between battles instead of using an Ultimate hit. It only cost 4 gold to battle again right away compared to the 12 gold for Ultimate (30 gold if there is a tournament). You may choose to use Ultimate if you don't have many good battling dragons. If you do use Ultimate, use it within the battle rather than skipping the entire task from the event interface.
    *You may need to raise a dragon to a level above 10. You need to buy a Noble Crystal and place it on your isle to do this. Find it in the market under the buildings tab. The cost is 500,000 coins and there is no build time.

Troubleshooting
    *If you have completed a task and you haven't received credit for it (such as leveling up a dragon), try force closing and reopening your game. To force close, double click on the home button and swipe up on any apps you wish to force close. If that fails, try deleting our game and reinstalling it. Your game progress is saved on storm8's servers so you shouldn't lose any progress. You may wish to make sure you have a login for your storm8 account just in case you need it after reinstalling your game.

Planning for the next Dragon Tales event
    *Have a variety of small gemstones on hand. It is always easier to not need to speed breed, evolve, and trade just to craft an item. The best way to do this is to trade your duplicate rare dragons. Rare dragons will give at least 2 small gemstones. Common dragons can work as they will give one small gemstone though it may not be the color you want. For instance, Wild is a common red-green dragon. Trading it will give you either a small green or a small red gemstone.
    *Consider keeping a stash of food on hand to level up the dragon received on day 1. So far, the most food required has been over 200,000.
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 10-29-15 at 11:45 AM.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    The worst part is that a lot of people are already prepared with 100.000 food and more, but I never save up that much because I'm always feeding, feeding, feeding. And to be honest I didn't expect another Dragon Tales this soon (at least it feels like the last one was only ~ three weeks ago). I'll start it at the end and it'll be difficult to make it anyway :/

But I agree with you - Black and pink are great, so let's hope for the best!
    Thnk you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostiemom View Post
    I think I'm going to wait a couple days so the end, when we need to win a bunch of arena battles, doesn't line up with the end of a possible tournament. Especially since the tournaments have been ridiculous for me lately.
    Last time, the end of the tale lined up for me with the BEGINNING of the tournament. I just battled enough low level opponents to advance in the tale. Sacrificed the tournement in favour of easy battles in the tale.

First "Dragon Tales" for my island. The story line sounds like fun, too.

Sincerely hope they have a gold sale, as I'd like to get the unique habitat. Four dragons & multi-colour (black, pink, light) sounds great.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    Huh? But they do give us time. You can choose when to start the Dragon Tales event until October 31st and only then it'll start automatically.
    I know but I was a little shocked that another Dragon tales popped up again so quickly, that I pushed start now without thinking

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast