Thread: Will max dogs keep me from getting Grand prize?

Will max dogs keep me from getting Grand prize?

The prize for the Gold machine is a Halloween dog... But I have acquired the max of 9 dogs as pets over the past couple of years, so now all new dogs in store say 'unavailable limit reached' for me.
    I seem unable to get the final gold prize which would award me the dog.
    Does this mean I can't get ghost either? Is there no way to sell a pet?

Ack!!
    Last edited by puzZelda; 10-27-15 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Typos

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by puzZelda View Post
    The prize for the Gold machine is a Halloween dog... But I have acquired the max of 9 dogs as pets over the past couple of years, so now all new dogs in store say 'unavailable limit reached' for me.
    I seem unable to get the final gold prize which would award me the dog.
    Does this mean I can't get ghost either? Is there no way to sell a pet?

Ack!!
    There is no maximum number of dogs you can own. 9 is the maximum number of dogs you can display. You can store extra dogs in cellar. So this won't stop you from winning the dog and eventually the pet ghost. There is also no need to sell your dogs since you can store them in cellar. To store your pet, click on the habitat and the baggage icon, select the pet to store. Do remember to collect from it before you store it. Good luck. Hope you get your dog soon.

Thank you! I did end up getting the dog after posting this.
    The funny part is that if you reach 9 dogs, even if you put some in storage? You can no longer buy them in the store.
    But apparently, you can win them!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by puzZelda View Post
    Thank you! I did end up getting the dog after posting this.
    The funny part is that if you reach 9 dogs, even if you put some in storage? You can no longer buy them in the store.
    But apparently, you can win them!
    There is no limit to the number of dogs you can have, either by winning or buying. Market will not allow you to buy more dogs if you have 9 on display. But if you store a dog, you will be able to buy another from Market. There's no need to store before buying from tree house. The only limit is the number of dogs you can display.

Btw congrats on winning your prize.