Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadwing - 2015 Oct 23 (Skull Trio Part III)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    GOOOOOT ITTTTT!!!
    I can't believe it: when the dragon became available I moved a Fairy Ferret to the nest and put in my first attempt which was another Fairy Ferret. I didn't want to speed so I sat it out. I wanted to see if I could get a somewhat longer timer overnight than the 3 hours one, and I was prepared to perhaps speed a few attempts but it wasn't necessary: that second attempt I had directly gave me the 22 hour timer! Just like the Skeletal Steed it was gotten on the second try!!!! This trio has worked out brilliantly for me and now I can do two weeks of back to back QQ + SS breeding. Happyyyy !!!!
    That's wonderful! I'm so happy you got this trio after the mess you had with the last one! Here's hoping QQ and SS breeding brings you even more awesome results soon!

Does anyone know how long it takes to breed? : o

Executive Chef
    Hi everyon! I breeding with Sugarskull Glider/Skeletal Steed get Fairy Ferret
    2. Solar Simian
    3. Fairy Ferret
    4. Skeletal Steed
    5. Jackalope
    6. Fairy Ferret
    7. Fairy Ferret
    8. Skeletal Steed
    Last edited by Drachenia; 10-24-15 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added

Executive Chef
    With my nest empty, I couldn't wait any longer anymore, so I just sped the remaining 12 hours of Deadwing breeding time out of the den.
    That's another lovely egg! I really like how we're now getting several animals with whiteish and blackish colour schemes: these are a welcome change from the more typical colour schemes we've seen often now in FFS.

I had a hard think as to what to put in the nest next; obviously I want to maximise the Skeletal Steed 4-element breeding attempts, preferably by pairing it with the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. That had a BIG risk of a 3 hour timer, leaving a 19 hour gap and as earlier this morning I bought the new special habitat, I don't want to blow too many gems on speeding. Well, I decided it was worth the risk, so I put those two in and got ANOTHER 13 hour Sugarskull Glider timer.
    I really don't understand: just the other day in 3 weeks of back-to-back attempts I did not get one Service dog and now for this trio I've already gotten 5 Sugarskull Gliders, 2 Skeletal Steeds and 1 Deadwing. I think I may buy a second Land of the Dead habitat for the duplicates, though I haven't kept all of the Sugarskull Gliders. I'll see if I can manage all of that within the slow expansion rate. I hope that more than 1 Storybook step gives Realm Runes as a reward, as those are SO useful...
    For now, after having read the requirements for the first 4 days of the Storybook, I'm running on only 5 farms. I have about 150K food stocked up and my Scaredy Cat is in the flower for its first evolution. After that, I don't really 'need' my flower for the Storybook, but there's a queue of animals waiting for their turn, so I don't want to sell the flower.
    Hmmm, a bit of a 'luxury' problem. I think I'll postpone that decision and shall simply house the duplicates in existing habitats like the new Wicked Woods one, as long as possible. It would be totally awesome if I could get a second Deadwing but it's not tempting to attempt to breed for it; I'd better let reason kick in and do as many 4-element QQ-SS breedings as possible...
    IF there ever was a moment for me in which I may be able to boost chances at breeding a gem animal, surely it's now in the next two weeks...

Rhino Keeper
    Wow congrats! getting TWO out of three trio animals on one's 2nd attempt surely is special!!!
    I wish I could borrow just one of your 5 Gliders because that's what I am still missing atm :-p
    I am grateful to have at least a Steed though...

Rhino Keeper
    I just bred my 4th Steed trying for the Deadwing--come on now! Wish I could give some of the extras away.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerNightSky View Post
    Are there some duplicate animals you don't mind getting rid of so you can get rid of a habitat? If not, and there's no way you are going to be able to expand in time, then it's a matter of whether you want the dragon, since it's the only animal that requires the Skull habitat. The Storybook animals can go in any earth, nature, or fire habitat.

My problem is coins. I'll need to buy a Dark Cove for a Skyger once I reach level 14 (I'm pretty sure we'll have to breed some Dark hybrid for the Storybook). I believe the Dark Cove costs 190k. The Skull habitat costs 500k. I currently have 330k right now. And that's not taking into account the coins I'll need to spend to get the food needed for the Storybook (don't care about getting the third animal, but I'd like the Scaredy Cat and that owl).

So even if I manage to get a Sugarskull Glider (and who knows, my streak of 1 animal per trio might continue), I doubt I'd have enough money to get the habitat needed for the Deadwing, and I wouldn't want to try breeding for it unless I had the habitat ready to go.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten the Deadwing, and best of luck to those trying for it
    Hi, not long ago I started a second account and felt the exact same way about coins! It was such slow earnings, especially trying to get good, habitats, expansions and clearing obstacles. I decided to just go for it one day and bought the grand dark cove and upgraded to big fire fields. Since then I've seen a huge increase in coin production! I hadn't been able to plant food in a long time but can now do that and not see my coins completely vanish! Hope some of this helps. Money is a huge issue at the start of the game but I figured you have to spend money to make it!

Executive Chef
    Alright, the last 9 hours of hatching were sped off the nest so the Sugarskull Glider could hatch overnight.
    For those who want to see the Deadwing in baby form in a forest, they can visit mine.
    Tomorrow when the flower clears, I'll probably evolve this one next...

Name:  image.png
Views: 146
Size:  800.8 KB

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JinxTheVooDoo View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes to breed? : o
    22 hours. Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Congrats to everyone who has got it so far! I got mine earlier today after a parade of Fairy Ferret's. Good luck to all still trying!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast