Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadwing - 2015 Oct 23 (Skull Trio Part III)

Executive Chef
    This is now officially the first time I can breed for the third animal in a trio. Good luck, everyone! (Bought the Tubacan so close to the end of the music trio that I couldn't have any decent shot breeding with it - thought about it too long).

But now there's a space issue. I only have room for one habitat right now and we also have the Storybook and the Halloween habitat...

Rhino Keeper
    Got this one after 8 attempts. Love the egg design. Best of luck to everyone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	25338

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	25336

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	25337

Rhino Keeper
    Done about 10 attempts so far-just bred a third Steed. First one I sped about 120 gems to get, the 2nd I got by breeding to Unicorn-the third was trying to breed for Dragon!
    Congrats!!! to everyone who has gotten it so far!

Executive Chef
    GOOOOOT ITTTTT!!!
    I can't believe it: when the dragon became available I moved a Fairy Ferret to the nest and put in my first attempt which was another Fairy Ferret. I didn't want to speed so I sat it out. I wanted to see if I could get a somewhat longer timer overnight than the 3 hours one, and I was prepared to perhaps speed a few attempts but it wasn't necessary: that second attempt I had directly gave me the 22 hour timer! Just like the Skeletal Steed it was gotten on the second try!!!! This trio has worked out brilliantly for me and now I can do two weeks of back to back QQ + SS breeding. Happyyyy !!!!

Name:  image.png
Views: 278
Size:  1.14 MB
    Last edited by ogreve; 10-23-15 at 04:43 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Congrats!!! And to everyone else who have already breed the Dragon

Rhino Keeper
    Wow, congrats, Olafo!! That's really cool!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    GOOOOOT ITTTTT!!!
    I can't believe it: when the dragon became available I moved a Fairy Ferret to the nest and put in my first attempt which was another Fairy Ferret. I didn't want to speed so I sat it out. I wanted to see if I could get a somewhat longer timer overnight than the 3 hours one, and I was prepared to perhaps speed a few attempts but it wasn't necessary: that second attempt I had directly gave me the 22 hour timer! Just like the Skeletal Steed it was gotten on the second try!!!! This trio has worked out brilliantly for me and now I can do two weeks of back to back QQ + SS breeding. Happyyyy !!!!
    Congratulations and continued success at breeding.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the congrats!
    I decided to directly start hatching the Scaredy Cat when the 22 hour timer appeared (after speeding the Fairy Ferret off the nest). There will now be an 18 hour gap which I'd love to put to good use for hatching an animal from storage but the trouble is that more animals are incoming (Storybook!) and I don't want to sell my current duplicates unless absolutely necessary, so instead I'll just sit it out and shall have an empty nest for some time. I may then decide to speed the Deadwing breeding partially, such that it hatches at a convenient time. I'll do the math on that tomorrow. As I got the Deadwing on the first day, there's no hurry at all. And... there IS a 200 gem expense for the new habitat coming up, so I don't want to "over-speed" matters too much...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Thanks for the congrats!
    I decided to directly start hatching the Scaredy Cat when the 22 hour timer appeared (after speeding the Fairy Ferret off the nest). There will now be an 18 hour gap which I'd love to put to good use for hatching an animal from storage but the trouble is that more animals are incoming (Storybook!) and I don't want to sell my current duplicates unless absolutely necessary, so instead I'll just sit it out and shall have an empty nest for some time. I may then decide to speed the Deadwing breeding partially, such that it hatches at a convenient time. I'll do the math on that tomorrow. As I got the Deadwing on the first day, there's no hurry at all. And... there IS a 200 gem expense for the new habitat coming up, so I don't want to "over-speed" matters too much...
    Congrats ogreve! I can't believe you got him second try! I'm not gonna lie I just got the timer after spending over 800 gems speed breeding today... Not a good win for me. I also did what you did and put the Scaredy Cat on the nest which I will hatch before bed tonight and then put the Owl Bear that I bought from the value pack on the nest

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    This is now officially the first time I can breed for the third animal in a trio. Good luck, everyone! (Bought the Tubacan so close to the end of the music trio that I couldn't have any decent shot breeding with it - thought about it too long).

But now there's a space issue. I only have room for one habitat right now and we also have the Storybook and the Halloween habitat...
    Are there some duplicate animals you don't mind getting rid of so you can get rid of a habitat? If not, and there's no way you are going to be able to expand in time, then it's a matter of whether you want the dragon, since it's the only animal that requires the Skull habitat. The Storybook animals can go in any earth, nature, or fire habitat.

My problem is coins. I'll need to buy a Dark Cove for a Skyger once I reach level 14 (I'm pretty sure we'll have to breed some Dark hybrid for the Storybook). I believe the Dark Cove costs 190k. The Skull habitat costs 500k. I currently have 330k right now. And that's not taking into account the coins I'll need to spend to get the food needed for the Storybook (don't care about getting the third animal, but I'd like the Scaredy Cat and that owl).

So even if I manage to get a Sugarskull Glider (and who knows, my streak of 1 animal per trio might continue), I doubt I'd have enough money to get the habitat needed for the Deadwing, and I wouldn't want to try breeding for it unless I had the habitat ready to go.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten the Deadwing, and best of luck to those trying for it
    If you see a level 18 forest named Sleepy Hollow, it might be me. If you are interested in being neighbors, send me a private message and I'll tell you my Storm8 ID

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast