I typically don't post much but I am a very active player and ive been playing a lot of these games for years now. But I had to post on this thread, Do you guys realize that all of the battle arena rounds (whether for a tournament/materials/prize dragons etc in both dragon and fantasy story) are ALL based purely on random hits and probability. Your dragon/animal of choice has absolutely NO bearing on whether or not you'll win that round. It's just probability lol ... just like your chances of getting a rare drop from a building in castle story. The one difference between the regular arena and things like tournaments is that the probability of a win during a tournament decreases as you move through the rounds. Here's a hypothetical example of how it works, round one lets say the chances of you winning are 1:1 (i'm making these numbers up just to explain the concept, i dont actually know what the numbers are) so this means you have a 50% chance of winning and 50% chance of losing. In round to it moves to 45% of winning and 55% chance of losing and so on and so forth until you get to level 29 and you have like a 3% percent chance of winning and a 97% chance of losing (again, im throwing those numbers out there to illustrate my point). Thats why you might notice the earlier rounds really easy to get through and then becoming more and more difficult to win as you get to the higher level rounds. Again, this is independent of what animal you use. I literally use the same 2-3 animals for all battles across all events, typically its the first one at the top of selection list, unless it happens to be healing or i know i need that animal for something else ... then i'll go for the one right below it. This isnt a strategy, its just to save time scrolling through the list lol. Seriously, don't beat yourself up over what dragon/animal you use, you wont increase your chances by using your level 15 crystal unicorn anymore than if you use a level 4 fire pony, I promise you. The only way to increase your chances of winning is by increasing the amount of times you battle/visit/etc. Just thought i'd save you guys a ton of time and frustration if youre trying to strategically approach the battles.
And if youre interested, this is actually a pretty standard rule of thumb for most of the team lava/storm 8 games. All the rare items and "wins", etc ... even the breedings in dragon/fantasy, to an extent, work like that. I say "to an extent" because if youre trying to breed the sea horse (blue/green) for example, and you decide to use the fire pony (red) and a rock rhino (earth) to do that, then the chances of you getting a sea horse are probably close to 0%. but if you use two dragons that have correct combo of at least the blue and green elements, then your chances of getting a sea horse are the same as any one elses, whether you use two super rare dragons to get it or just the simple frostfang and the panda animal (i forget the name). And if you don't believe me, just think about it next time you see an advertisement for a "boosted breedings this week only for dragon X and Y" ... what do you think that means? it means storm 8 increased the normal probability they have set during the regular "non-promotional" times. For example, a dragon thats super rare but always available is the highly sought after diamond dragon and crystal unicorn ... lets say the standard probability storm8 sets for those animals is a 1% chance, that means that if you had a bunch of people each do 100 breedings to try and get those animals then on average youd see about 1 animal bred every 100 tries OR you could also look at it as 1 in 100 players trying to breed the animal at any given time will get that animal (its just two ways of explaining the same concept). If you decide to buy that diamond booster in dragon story, for example, that boosts your chances of breeding diamond dragons for a certain amount of time ... so for like a week you bump your chances up from 1% to lets say 5% for that week. Thats how all the games work and again if you take anything away from this post take away this: THE ONLY WAY TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING IS TO INCREASE HOW OFTEN YOU VISIT/BATTLE/WHATEVER ... NOT WHAT ANIMAL YOU USE TO DO IT!!!! Hope this helps!