Thread: Tuna and salmon

Tuna and salmon

What is the trick to catching these fish? I am getting orders for these, but can only ever catch anchovies, bass and catfish.

Rhino Keeper
    I have caught them with the spicy bait.

I only have the option to make dough bait and anchovy bait. I'm level 23. Am I supposed to have this spicy bait?

Rhino Keeper
    Spicy bait requires peppers, maybe that is a little higher level like 25? I think I have caught a rare fish with anchovy bait but never dough bait.

No, I have peppers, if it's the red peppers you mean (the same ones used to make the stuffed peppers in the deep fryer).

Rhino Keeper
    That's weird. It shouldn't ask you for things you can't even get.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm level 21 and half of my plane orders include salmon or tuna. I've read that I need spicy bait, but could someone tell me the components to make it and a picture of what it looks like. I can only make 2 kinds of bait, the kind requiring corn and wheat and the kind needing anchovies. I haven't expanded to the water garden so I hope nothing is needed from there. If I knew what it looked like, I could look for the bait in the paper. Thanks.

Executive Chef
    I am on level 29. Yes using spicy bait chances are higher to get salmon or tuna.

I finally got the ability to make spicy bait at level 25. Yes, the orders were asking for salmon and tuna long before that, and the only way to get them was to buy them from the newspaper. You won't be able to buy the bait until you can make it. It looks like a red gem sort of thing on a fishhook. Even now that I can make spicy bait, I still only catch bass with them most of the time, and that's even in hotspots.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LuauCarly View Post
    I finally got the ability to make spicy bait at level 25. Yes, the orders were asking for salmon and tuna long before that, and the only way to get them was to buy them from the newspaper. You won't be able to buy the bait until you can make it. It looks like a red gem sort of thing on a fishhook. Even now that I can make spicy bait, I still only catch bass with them most of the time, and that's even in hotspots.
    Thanks for your reply. Now I know to just delete those orders as tuna & salmon cost too much from paper to buy for orders. What items are used to make the spicy bait?