Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    I meant 10 per day. Lol
    lol 10 per day is not big. Lots of players still can not finish it with that speed with four days left when the time the update comes out

Rhino Keeper
    Making number 35 and 36 puddings now using only 5 cottages

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    lol 10 per day is not big. Lots of players still can not finish it with that speed with four days left when the time the update comes out
    That means anyone would have had to only make 10 on their own the whole event if they upgraded the orphanage. They're not going to make it so easy that you could put out no effort this whole time and still get it.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongold1 View Post
    Making number 35 and 36 puddings now using only 5 cottages
    And how many gems used, folk?? You also like tricks rather more than treats????

Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    first mission to flat out give up on. prize didn't seem epic anyway. after slaving to build 12 cottages and realizing i'd need 25 to finish in time, and having only 2 puddings i gave up.
    You are the one that S8 should attend doing ASAP whatever to fix your situation, you and most players like you... You did your best and got nothing from this poor quest money grab sad episode of CS.

I was lucky to be 50 lvl. maxed on most items so I inmediately built 28 extra cottages, also have spent around 60 free gems to speed up the Orphanage so keeping both kitchens busy while sugaring at Ivy's bakery. Also spent 80 LW after that big pain Faerie Bulb 5 for nothing yet, 200 mushrooms, 130 truffles... Sumarizing, depleted almost all my store to get those pets which I would never pay to get from tent.

Now I am 40 puddings with 4 days left to get 15 more, succeeded to get pond but cannot stop thinking so many players like you, making your best and abandoned by S8 because of not running blind to nowhere in math impossible goal to reach. Of course today's update will not rescue you jbfps, nor many others like you, just wanted to say that someone may feel ashamed thinking on this.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dalechristel View Post
    It's kind of amazing to me that S8 would alienate so many of their gamers like this. If they want to make a difficult task, why not make it part of the storyline, so people can complete it at their own pace? Creating a timed event where 80% of their players have little or no chance of completing it, is just dumb on their part. Not only will people get frustrated and give up on that task, but they are likely to get frustrated with the game and delete it. Why not make the timed events like you did with the candy corn event awhile back where everyone has a chance to complete it without having to open the game every hour for 3 weeks straight?
    And if this new "assistance" that will probably come out on Thursday, makes this task so easy that everyone is swimming in dirt pudding, what was the point of the last two-three weeks? (just to make everyone struggle and complain for two weeks, only to make the task super easy for the last 3 days??) I don't see the point in doing that.
    I haven't see hardly anyone saying how much they like this event and how fun it is. Shouldn't that be the goal for the developers? (to make their gamers happy about the game?)
    There are plenty of other games out there, and my patience is wearing thin.
    Excellent points. Especially the part about the special assistance we are supposed to be receiving shortly. If it's not significant, too many players will not complete the goal and will be disillusioned with the game and angry at S8 for making impossible goals. And if it makes the goal too easy, the folks who have been gem-speeding their orphanages, building 30 cottages, setting alarms for collection times, etc, will feel like they've been duped.

Sounds like a lose-lose situation. Very poorly thought out event.

Executive Chef
    That means anyone would have had to only make 10 on their own the whole event if they upgraded the orphanage. They're not going to make it so easy that you could put out no effort this whole time and still get it.
    I just hope the pond would be good after the event for a whole month hard work lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    I just hope the pond would be good after the event for a whole month hard work lol
    I do, too. That would be my biggest complaint if it doesnt change as part of this update. The name suggests something very cool, more than colorful. S8 has already acknowledged during this event that they will reconsider how these events are communicated, etc., so I hope they will follow through on this in the future.

Executive Chef
    I do, too. That would be my biggest complaint if it doesnt change as part of this update. The name suggests something very cool, more than colorful. S8 has already acknowledged during this event that they will reconsider how these events are communicated, etc., so I hope they will follow through on this in the future.
    I had a complaint too, but I seem to have forgotten it atm... Will return later, if and when I can remember. In all likelihood it's already been said anyways I agree however that this quest is a bit long for collections every hour, lol
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    Excellent points. Especially the part about the special assistance we are supposed to be receiving shortly. If it's not significant, too many players will not complete the goal and will be disillusioned with the game and angry at S8 for making impossible goals. And if it makes the goal too easy, the folks who have been gem-speeding their orphanages, building 30 cottages, setting alarms for collection times, etc, will feel like they've been duped.

Sounds like a lose-lose situation. Very poorly thought out event.
    I agree. As a LONG time player I've noticed the shift from providing enjoyable content to money grabs and "forcing" folks to spend too much time (or better yet, coins) to complete goals that are too hard. Ever since the wedding alicorn fiasco my playing time has continuously diminished (even though I am retired) and the ONLY reason I play a little every day is to take care of my (return) obligation to my neighbors.

Depending on today's update outcome I will advise my neighbors that I'll be moving on once I pay their gifts back. I will then put my 815 jewels, 44 million in cash, and 560,000 experience point "up for bids"! LOL

For those that do the same, make sure you leave feedback at the App Store so new players are aware......

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes12348 View Post
    Keep your knickers on; updates don't happen until around noon PST. It's only 6 AM PST now.
    Knickers on, but how long must they stay on? Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂