Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

I feel a bit rooked by all this. I was finished with the orphanage around mid month and used some gems to finish. Then to get an impossible goal for the final reward? I think we were all tricked! And building 40 cottages or more? What? Did the developers fall in a witches cauldron? They must have more planned to help us meet this goal. If not, the baron has them in his evil clutches!!
    Last edited by fenixx7; 10-25-15 at 08:27 PM.

Executive Chef
    Re: Trick-or-Treat Part 2

Does anyone have a photo of the congratulations for the final goal.
    It would be appreciated if you could post that photo or even just the dialog here. I need the dialog for the Dialogue Thread,
    Please and thank you.
    dabag

FYI:
    While making the effort to collect more often this past weekend; I do Not expect to complete this goal within the time frame. (8 dirt puddings & one in process)
    Due to the Real Life seasonal events happening (that I do not want to miss) playing more than 3-4 times a day is not possible.

This was obviously not very well thought out by S8. If they have to make changes to a challenge a few days in, they are admitting they messed up. Even with the change, this is still basically impossible unless we sell all our existing town buildings to build cottages. And what's the reward??? An essence pool??? I'm already capped on all the essence items, so completely destroying my village is not worth it this time. Very disappointed with the game right now.

Executive Chef
    To be honest, I'm not so sure they changed their plans. The dialog said from the very beginning that "at the time" only old Thomas and Ivy were ready... Suggesting there would be more to come. I've been guessing there would be more to come from the very beginning of part 2. There still may be more to come even yet. even if there isn't, I feel like I can make it now... But yes, with a ton of cottages. All I did was sell a bunch of level 1 farmhouses that are easily replaced with raw stone and wood.

I'm making a wild, very wild guess here... But my guess is essence pool dropping water and mermaid scales and occasionally the essence potions. Lol Like I said... VERY WILD GUESS! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dalechristel View Post
    This was obviously not very well thought out by S8. If they have to make changes to a challenge a few days in, they are admitting they messed up. Even with the change, this is still basically impossible unless we sell all our existing town buildings to build cottages. And what's the reward??? An essence pool??? I'm already capped on all the essence items, so completely destroying my village is not worth it this time. Very disappointed with the game right now.

Farm Supplier
    Well this has turned out to be the last straw. An impossible task to do in the time. I've sold a heap of farmhouses and built cottages but I reckon that with 24 cottages and the long bake time for dirt pies, I still won't make it. I'm fed up chopping trees or logs to get wood to make Living Wood for upgrading the faerie bulb.
    Over it! Boring!
    Deleting game permanently as it's taking up over 1.2gb on iPad and it's become a chore rather than an enjoyable game. I've been playing for a couple of years but I'm done and moving on.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    I'm up to 25 on my 2nd account but still stuck at 20 on this account. But I won't give up. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by froltojo View Post
    Well this has turned out to be the last straw. An impossible task to do in the time. I've sold a heap of farmhouses and built cottages but I reckon that with 24 cottages and the long bake time for dirt pies, I still won't make it. I'm fed up chopping trees or logs to get wood to make Living Wood for upgrading the faerie bulb.
    Over it! Boring!

Deleting game permanently as it's taking up over 1.2gb on iPad and it's become a chore rather than an enjoyable game. I've been playing for a couple of years but I'm done and moving on.
    These complaints now baffle me a little. When were left hanging, the frustration level was high...but they said more buildings were coming and more did come. And more still will come making this a challenging but achievable goal, which is the purpose of these events. tHe require collections is very frequent yes and I think s8 has to rethink that but consider please that this goal is available to level 17s. As a result, the devs are limited in what they may require.

Executive Chef
    I hope you weren't quoting me as complaining. I've been saying all along more help would come.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneRamoth View Post
    These complaints now baffle me a little. When were left hanging, the frustration level was high...but they said more buildings were coming and more did come. And more still will come making this a challenging but achievable goal, which is the purpose of these events. tHe require collections is very frequent yes and I think s8 has to rethink that but consider please that this goal is available to level 17s. As a result, the devs are limited in what they may require.

Fashion Designer
    Glad we have the opportunity to collect from cottages now, but:
    - my kingdom is overwhelmed with cottages now, not a pretty sight...
    - I doubt I will have 55 puddings at the end if other buildings will not start dropping as well....

A quick rough calculation:
    I now have 10 puddings (5 from the quest and 5 made)(so I made 5 puddings in 3,5 days = 1,4 puddings a day.)
    I put out 25 cottages (I sold a lot of farmhouses so I could buy cottages instead).
    If I can collect the cottages 4 times a day, (I know it's possible to collect 5 times, but I can't always collect sharp every 4 hours) that gives 100 worms/cookies. So I can bake 4 puddings plus 1,4 I can make from collecting the orphanage/Thomas/Ivy/adventure.
    5,4 puddings x 8 days = 43 puddings.
    That makes a total of 53....

So let's hope more buildings will start dropping worms and cookies, and/or we can gain complete puddings through quests, or....
    Last edited by EBJW; 10-25-15 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added
    I am Zelda

Executive Chef
    It doesn't affect me because I only have just the one.. But S8/Sourpatch/anyone else.. Was the faerie bulb really meant to be considered a "town" building???? That doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, disappointed so far. Only at 6 puddings so far, ran out of beams and blocks building cottages, am going to need to make 6 mud pies per day from now on, possibly 7 depending on the exact end time. Even if more buildings start dropping, I'll need to have both kitchens running almost non stop for the next 7 days making mud pies. How is that fun? Hope S8 comes up with something else for this event. Not liking the all pay halloween items, and the grind for collecting. So far halloween is a bust.