Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/22/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 2

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnniePMH View Post
    I had a complaint too, but I seem to have forgotten it atm... Will return later, if and when I can remember. In all likelihood it's already been said anyways I agree however that this quest is a bit long for collections every hour, lol
    Was your complaint anything about the lack of ANY H'ween goodies dropping from the vaults besides the cookies & worms, but instead all of last year's goodies are in the market for gems?
    (I still couldn't resist & got 2 spooky scarecrows since none dropped for me last H'ween, lol)

Executive Chef
    Omg, she really exists! I was starting to think you were an urban legend. Lmao definitely in agreement about the hourly for such a long time. The cottages helped with that but not for weeks.

I had a complaint too, but I seem to have forgotten it atm... Will return later, if and when I can remember. In all likelihood it's already been said anyways I agree however that this quest is a bit long for collections every hour, lol

Dirt puddings or not??

Quote Originally Posted by serenitygrandma View Post
    You're not slow. I'm at level 50 and it will take me another 5 days to upgrade to level 5 orphanage. I play everyday and in and out of the game all day and still not there. I'm find this whole quest boring and very monotonous but I'm not giving up yet.
    I also play every day and am at level 48 and using cottages, Ivy's house, Thomas's house and level 4 orphanage, still have only made 2 puddings!
    In the time given, making 55 is impossible even if you stayed up during the night!
    At least with other tasks I have felt I had a fighting chance of completing them - but unless they cascade us with gummy worms and chocolate cookies in the last few days this task is impossible.
    Not fair!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Was your complaint anything about the lack of ANY H'ween goodies dropping from the vaults besides the cookies & worms, but instead all of last year's goodies are in the market for gems?
    (I still couldn't resist & got 2 spooky scarecrows since none dropped for me last H'ween, lol)
    Sorry, Captain, I'm a strict desert adventurer
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

I agree 100%. I've been playing for years and am at level 50. When a game becomes a job it is a waste of time. This was a pleasant diversion for me, now it is an annoyance. I'm starting to pack my bags...haven't quite decided when I'm going to delete.

Executive Chef
    Sorry, Captain, I'm a strict desert adventurer
    Ok, lol...yo, revise my original question then to include *any* adventure, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I seriously hardly ever complain about updates, but this one has thrown me for a loop. I only have 20 puddings.. The struggle is REAL right now.. And this may be the first time I have not been able to complete a goal. Making me a little depressed. Hopefully today's update will be the little bump I need.
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Ok, lol...yo, revise my original question then to include *any* adventure, lol.
    Of course I would love to get new goodies, pure deco or with drops, from the desert adventure! As it is now, I mostly get coins and energy...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Banned
    At 37 puddings and #38 making in kitchen. So if looks like I'll make it even if the update at noon today sucks, as long as they don't take the cottages drops away.

I haven't (!!) used any gems to speed up anything during this whole event. The only gems I've used was the gem trap that I accidentally clicked on lol. I also managed to get the witchy kitty and pumpkin puppy without gem use (but I did use a few energy crates I hoarded from the monster events). The only thing I did differently is that I did end up bringing my iPad mini to work (normally I don't) and stared at it like a mad woman during my meal breaks. I built 30 cottages (started with 20 then kept making wooden beams until I got 30 built) as soon as they updated it since I'd much rather set a 4 hours timer and I'm fine with waking up once while sleeping to collect from the cottages. But the timer I set is a rather quiet one so it doesn't wake me up if I'm in a very deep sleep.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have already chopped thousands of dead trees for crafting living woods for the faerie saps, pumpkin puppy, and wooden beams for cottages lol. It was annoyingly tedious I wonder why I bothered lol. But I did take pride in not using any gems to do these silly quests :P

I just really hope the next event doesn't have a building with hourly collection like this, and be much more realistic. I don't like bringing my iPad to work, and I'm sure I have to pay extra data fee this month for data spent on this game (no wifi at work). So in this sense yes, I have to pay a bit of extra money for this event -- just not to Storm 8 LOL

And I also noticed a few of my neighbours quit

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmz View Post
    I agree. As a LONG time player I've noticed the shift from providing enjoyable content to money grabs and "forcing" folks to spend too much time (or better yet, coins) to complete goals that are too hard. Ever since the wedding alicorn fiasco my playing time has continuously diminished (even though I am retired) and the ONLY reason I play a little every day is to take care of my (return) obligation to my neighbors.

Depending on today's update outcome I will advise my neighbors that I'll be moving on once I pay their gifts back. I will then put my 815 jewels, 44 million in cash, and 560,000 experience point "up for bids"! LOL

For those that do the same, make sure you leave feedback at the App Store so new players are aware......
    I think I'm in the same boat. Been playing since the valentines event with the love shack. I would always look forward to playing when getting home from work or on work breaks, but now it's become a chore and isn't much fun anymore. (especially with this event)