Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Fashion Designer
    Congratulations to all who are breeding trio animals!!
    My attempt for a Kissy cat resulted in a 48hr timer... I am pretty happy and smiling like the cat from Alice in wonderland!! I will have to wait to see my next attempt. Meanwhile will put something from storage into the nest, probably the fluffy as it will go with all those cootchie cooey Valentine animals ... Lolzz!!

Executive Chef
    The big surprise with yesterday's update was the start of a 30 round tournament a week early. My guess is that S8 moved it up to avoid any issues with tokens. If they waited until next Tuesday, then the tournament would have started during the World Event but finished after the World Event had ended. The question now is, will they also move up the next 18 round tournament a week or leave it alone and start the next 30 round tournament in 4 weeks rather than 3 weeks. For now I believe that the remaining tournament schedule will not be affected.

S8 has announced the release of the Infernowl on Feb 12. I also think that S8 may fill in the extra time between tournaments with a new Spin to Win starting with the FEB 16 update a little earlier than I had earlier projected. Following is my latest projections with the items in bold ones that have already occurred or announced by S8.

JAN 26: 30 Round tournament, Spin to Win
    JAN 29: Age of Aquarius Goal Line Starts

FEB 2: Start of 17 day Valentine's World Event, Sweetheart Trio- First Animal
    FEB 5: 18 round tournament, Sweetheart Trio- Second Animal, Age of Aquarius Goal Line ends
    FEB 9: 30 Round tournament Sweetheart Trio- Third Animal
    FEB 12: Infernowl released
    FEB 16: Cockatorch released
    FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends
    FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line
    FEB 26: 18 round tournament

MAR 1: Start new Storybook

I will copy this to Post#2 for easy reference.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 02-16-16 at 09:08 PM.

Executive Chef
    We just got an extra update with the Matripony and the Puffalo from last year! I made a new thread for it here:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88980-Matripony-and-Puffalo-sale!&p=1248713#post1248713

(I don't know why it doesn't show as a link - I'm trying to do this on my phone.)
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 02-10-16 at 01:16 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Ninasidstorm8, thank you for your always insightful posts!

Rhino Keeper
    I wonder if the other Celestial habitats are going to be on sale, as the other animals are released... I want to get them all, but will only be able to do it for 200 gems each

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ThynaSmith View Post
    I wonder if the other Celestial habitats are going to be on sale, as the other animals are released... I want to get them all, but will only be able to do it for 200 gems each
    I am counting on each one of the Celestial habitats going on sale at some time. However, it wouldn't surprise me if one goes on sale every 3 months or so. It was hard for me to buy one for 200 gems, I thought the older habitat price of 200 gems and 100 gems on sale was much more appropriate., Celestial East was the only time I have spent 200 gems on a habitat, and I can't see spending 400 gems for each of the others.

Executive Chef
    The FEB 12 update went as expected with the release of the Infernowl. I still think that S8 may fill in the extra time between tournaments with a new Spin to Win starting with the FEB 16 update. The Zodiac sign of Pisces starts FEB 19 but I think the next Zodiac animal will arrive through a Goal Line quest starting on FEB 23 so it doesn't interfere with the Love is in the Air Trio. Following are my latest projections with the items in bold ones that have already occurred or announced by S8.

JAN 29: Age of Aquarius Goal Line Starts

FEB 5: 18 round tournament, Sweetheart Trio- Second Animal, Age of Aquarius Goal Line ends

FEB 16: Spin to Win
    FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends
    FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends, Pisces Goal Line
    FEB 26: 18 round tournament

MAR 1: Start new Storybook

I will copy this to Post#2 for easy reference.

Executive Chef
    The new Cockatorch is another animal to get as part of the failure for the XO Ox. I am disappointed that we did not get a Spin to Win today, it would have settled down the schedule for the next few weeks. Now there is a good chance that the next 18 round tournament may be moved up to the FEB 19 update. It also increases the likelihood that next Storybook Adventure may start early. I can't think of an other reason to move up the tournament schedule.

Then again, the Spin to Win could just be pushed back until the FEB 19 update and the rest of the schedule could remain the same. I'll have to some thinking about it.

Rhino Keeper
    I completely agree with you, ninasodstorm8. 200 gems on sale is a pretty steep price already...

Executive Chef
    The FEB 16 update had the release of a new animal the Cockatorch. I thought that we would get a new Spin to Win but that didn't happen. S8 has indicated in the description of the Sheriff of Naughtingham to be released FEB 19, that it is a battle prize. So I believe that the next 18 round tournament will start with the FEB 19 release.

So it seems S8 moved the tournament schedule up a week. My best guess is they did this so the past two tournaments would start and complete during the World Event making the winning of tokens easier to handle. I still anticipate that a new Goal Line for Pisces will start on FEB 23 after the Sweetheart Trio has been completed. The Zodiac sign of Pisces starts on FEB 19. I think that a Goal Line for a Pisces animal will wait until the FEB 23 update so that the Sweetheart Trio can complete first.

A new Storybook could start as early as FEB 19 but I think it will wait until the Sweetheart Trio and Pisces Goal line are completed, since all 3 involve breeding tasks. Storybook events are typically 6 weeks apart and the FEB 26 update will be 6 weeks from the last one. Therefore, I think FEB 26 is the most likely start of the next Storybook event.

That means the next Spin to Win is likely to start on FEB 19 or FEB 23. A FEB 19 start would allow it to run 10 days, so that is the one I am hoping for.

Following are my projections for the rest of the month. Items in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

FEB 16: Cockatorch released
    FEB 19: Valentine's World Event ends, 18 round tournament - Sheriff of Naughtingham, Spin to Win
    FEB 23: Sweetheart Trio ends Pisces Goal Line
    FEB 26: Start new Storybook

MAR 1: 30 round tournament

I will copy this information to Post #2 for easier reference.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 02-16-16 at 09:09 PM.