Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Executive Chef
    Alrighttttt so what do we do with this....
    I really have to think hard and juggle all sorts of things in my mind, which at this very moment is very tired from burning too much midnight oil...
    Time to write it out then, and see if that gives some focus:
    1-Skull animals: done! A VERY nice and luxurious situation that is the FIRST time that has occurred to me during a trio.
    2-Storybook: this doesn't interfere much with my breeding plans. The only "obligatory" step left to do is to breed a Rainguin. That can't be all that hard.
    3-Main mission for now: Breed a Crystal Unicorn and/or gem-hybrids. I. WANT. A. CRYSTAL. UNICORN. NOW!!!
    4-There's currently about 1.5 weeks more time left of having a GOOD breeding formula for the CU and gem-fire, gem-nature hybrids and the Paradise Parrot that I don't have: the Quartz Quetzalcoatl + Skeletal Steed.

So far so good, until today's update messed all of it up. :S
    I like all 3 of these animals and would love a shot at them; by breeding, NOT by buying them... My favourite of the three is the Yak-o-Lantern. These are the best options I can come up with for combining several agendas:

Option 1: fire-earth: the most dreaded breeding combination for me, and I can see no easy way to combine it into a 4-element breeding with the QQ, SS or SG without introducing a lot more outcomes that then take away from the chances of breeding either of those two SUPER RARES.....
    Option 2: gem-nature-dark: tempting. The QQ can be used then for shots at gem-nature and gem-dark (note that the Jade Kirin is one of my TOP priorities to get!). And... the Frankenswine is only rare as opposed to super rare, and I also still need a Punk Skunk and I would probably not easily turn a further Trick-or-Treent, or Aurora Pegasus or Frightingale down.... Disadvantages: the Frankenswine is the ugliest of the three, and the fails can be LONG ones (although the same goes for the earth-nature fails), and.. when doing it with straight dark or nature-dark, there's no chance at the CU. Scaling it up to 4-element breedings introduces all sorts of additional (mostly) unwelcome fails, unless 'water' becomes one of the ingredients, as I still need the Ocean Owl and several water-dark animals...
    The gem-nature-dark combo has only 11 outcomes, 3 of which being ultra rare gem hybrids.
    Option 3: 4-element breeding of earth-fire-nature-dark: this is the only combination that gives shots at ALL three of the re-released animals, but the amount of potential outcomes is a staggering 39. :S
    Option 4: SS + water-earth: I like this one: 4-element breeding with a nullified Skull element, a single water-fire = Skyger outcome, yet chances at a CU and the 2 re-released earth-fire animals and only 14 potential outcomes (incl. 1 ultra rare)... This gives a shot at a Rainguin too. The bad news is that ALL of the other outcomes are straight fails. The good news is that two of the common fails (i.e. Rainguin and Skyger) have relatively short fail times.
    Option 5: SG + dark-fire: This has 22 potential outcomes of which I need the Crystal Unicorn, Frankenswine, Paradise Parrot, Onyx Ox and the Punk Skunk. The latter three have always eluded me, despite being 'normal super rares'.
    Option 6: QQ + earth-dark: This option wasn't on my list until the new Zombee was released. It has some fails that I still need, doesn't have all that many potential outcomes and it gives 4-element shots at the ones I need, including several attractive gem hybrids.

Well then, I think those are most of the parameters. Now for the "juggling part".
    -Option 1 is tempting as it has only 8 outcomes, two of which are the target animals, but... super rares both of them and I absolutely hate doing earth-fire breedings nowadays...
    -Option 2 is very, very tempting: shots at 3 gem-hybrids, the (only) rare Frankenswine and a Punk Skunk as "good fail.
    -Option 3 will be pretty much out of the question due to poor odds at success.
    -Option 4: Interesting option: only 15 outcomes (2 of which the re-released earth-fire ones, and also a shot at the CU).
    -Option 5: The attractive part of this is that it can yield some of the normal breedables that I still need, but the unattractive part is that those consist of 3 super rares (that I somehow NEVER can breed) and the Unicorn....:S I don't think I'll be attempting this route.
    -Option 6: This has some attraction to me as it includes the QQ and hence gives shots at several gem animals.

Having written it all out, I think I'll alternate a bit between numbers 1, 2 and 4. Around the time we have to breed/hatch a Rainguin, option 4 shall be the formula of choice.

Options 2 and 4 sound most appealing to me, as they are combined with my agenda for aiming hard for a gem-hybrid.

We'll see.... My results:

#01: [option 1] Rock Rhino (15) + Pyro Pony (15) = Armordillo
    #02: [option 2] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Skyger (15) = Spruce Moose
    #03: [option 2] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Skyger (15) = Planther
    #04: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Rampage
    #05: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Rainguin (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
    #06: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Iciclaw (15) = Skyger
    #07: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Rainguin (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
    #08: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Volcamel
    #09: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (4) + Blizard (15) = Rainguin! [This one will be kept for the Storybook]
    #10: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Iciclaw (15) = Armordillo
    #11: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Skeletal Steed
    #12: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Armordillo
    #13: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (5) + Iciclaw (15) = Rainguin
    #14: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (7) = Rainguin
    #15: [option 6] Quartz Quetzalcoatl (15) + Comet Cougar (10) = Plantlers
    #16: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Glacial Griffin (10) = Rainguin
    #17: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + River Runner (10) = Skyger
    #18: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (11) + Blizard (15) = Skyger
    #19: [option 4] Skeletal Steed (5) + Rockodile (10) = Armordillo

Well, at least the 'bet' that "one or more" Rainguin would be a likely outcome of option 4 has come true. I've got 3 of them now, and all 3 of them will prove to be useful as I then do not have to evolve any Rainguin for the Storybook steps and I'll hardly have to spend food on feeding them.
    The #08 14 hour Volcamel fail is massively clumsy though right in between 2 15 hour Rainguin outcomes... I'm not sure how much I'll speed away of that. I'll probably have one more attempt at this combination today at least 1 hour before the regular update. We'll see.

Aargh, on attempt 11 I really thought I had obtained the Vampire Cat. I was so (unpleasantly) surprised to see it was a further Skeletal Steed when I moved the egg to the nest.
    I had completely forgotten about these two animals sharing the 16 hour timer.... Bummer....
    Last edited by ogreve; 11-02-15 at 01:22 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh dear, this is awesome, but I face quite a conundrum. I really like the Vampire Cat, but I'm still working on trying to breed Sugar Glider so I can try to finish the trio... Do I switch to Earth/Fire breeding, stick with Earth/Nature or maybe try Earth/Nature/Fire breeding? So hard to choose! I may end up switch around to try my luck.

Good luck to everyone trying! I got the Halloween habitat this morning and I can't wait to fill it with creepy critters! ^_^

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RowanaFarrin View Post
    Oh dear, this is awesome, but I face quite a conundrum. I really like the Vampire Cat, but I'm still working on trying to breed Sugar Glider so I can try to finish the trio... Do I switch to Earth/Fire breeding, stick with Earth/Nature or maybe try Earth/Nature/Fire breeding? So hard to choose! I may end up switch around to try my luck.

Good luck to everyone trying! I got the Halloween habitat this morning and I can't wait to fill it with creepy critters! ^_^
    I have the exact same problem as you! I did go with Earth/Nature/Fire (Obsidian Cyclops x Sidekicker). I'm not sure what to do: I missed out on the Vampire Cat when I had the chance last year, but being able to breed the Deadwing will introduce a new super rare skull type (that will be a very effective fighter in future tournaments). What to do..
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I have the exact same problem as you! I did go with Earth/Nature/Fire (Obsidian Cyclops x Sidekicker). I'm not sure what to do: I missed out on the Vampire Cat when I had the chance last year, but being able to breed the Deadwing will introduce a new super rare skull type (that will be a very effective fighter in future tournaments). What to do..
    I want the vampire cat too... I also want the Deadwing, I have it on my first account not my second. Now I am on my third steed and that ties up den for so long... So I am contemplating giving up on the Deadwing and try for the Cat. grrrrrrr
    Currently Playing: Farm Story, Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest Story
    Two accounts feel free to add: Evys_Mom & GCampsen07

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Alrighttttt so what do we do with this....
    I really have to think hard and juggle all sorts of things in my mind, which at this very moment is very tired from burning too much midnight oil...
    Time to write it out then, and see if that gives some focus:
    1-Skull animals: done! A VERY nice and luxurious situation that is the FIRST time that has occurred to me during a trio.
    2-Storybook: this doesn't interfere much with my breeding plans. The only "obligatory" step left to do is to breed a Rainguin. That can't be all that hard.
    3-Main mission for now: Breed a Crystal Unicorn and/or gem-hybrids. I. WANT. A. CRYSTAL. UNICORN. NOW!!!
    4-There's currently about 1.5 weeks more time left of having a GOOD breeding formula for the CU and gem-fire, gem-nature hybrids and the Paradise Parrot that I don't have: the Quartz Quetzalcoatl + Skeletal Steed.

So far so good, until today's update messed all of it up. :S
    5-I like all 3 of these animals and would love a shot at them; by breeding, NOT by buying them... My favourite of the three is the Yak-o-Lantern
    6-fire-earth: the most dreaded breeding combination for me, and I can see no easy way to combine it into a 4-element breeding with the QQ, SS or SG without introducing a lot more outcomes that then take away from the chances of breeding either of those two SUPER RARES.....
    7-gem-nature-dark: tempting. The QQ can be used then for shots at gem-nature and gem-dark (note that the Jade Kirin is one of my TOP priorities to get!). And... the Frankenswine is only rare as opposed to super rare, and I also still need a Punk Skunk and I would probably not easily turn a further Trick-or-Treent, or Aurora Pegasus or Frightingale down.... Disadvantages: the Frankenswine is the ugliest of the three, and the fails can be LONG ones (although the same goes for the earth-nature fails), and.. when doing it with straight dark or nature-dark, there's no chance at the CU. Scaling it up to 4-element breedings introduces all sorts of additional (mostly) unwelcome fails, unless 'water' becomes one of the ingredients, as I still need the Ocean Owl and several water-dark animals...
    The gem-nature-dark combo has only 11 outcomes, 3 of which being ultra rare gem hybrids.
    8-4-element breeding of earth-fire-nature-dark: this is the only combination that gives shots at ALL three of the re-released animals, but the amount of potential outcomes is a staggering 39. :S
    9-SS + water-earth: I like this one: 4-element breeding with a nullified Skull element, a single water-fire = Skyger outcome, yet chances at a CU and the 2 re-released earth-fire animals and only 14 potential outcomes (incl. 1 ultra rare)... This gives a shot at a Rainguin too.

Well then, I think those are most of the parameters. Now for the "juggling part".
    -Option 9: Interesting option: only 15 outcomes (2 of which the re-released earth-fire ones, and also a shot at the CU).
    -Option 8 will be pretty much out of the question due to poor odds at success.
    -Option 7 is very, very tempting: shots at 3 gem-hybrids, the (only) rare Frankenswine and a Punk Skunk as "good fail.
    -Option 6 is tempting as it has only 8 outcomes, two of which are the target animals, but... super rares both of them and I absolutely hate doing earth-fire breedings nowadays...

Having written it all out, I think I'll alternate a bit between numbers 6, 7 and 8. Around the time we have to breed/hatch a Rainguin, option 9 shall be the formula of choice. For the other days I shall probably alternate a bit between options 6, 7 and 9.

We'll see....
    We can always count on you for a concise and well thought out game plan- Thank you. I have a CU, but would not turn down another. Jade is much desired as well (i need lunar moth instead of punk skunk). I am sure to take advice from your deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerNightSky View Post
    The Tree of Doom and Pumpkin Patch are available for 200 coins.
    The Cauldron is available for 150 gems.
    All are from last year's Halloween World Event.

Got the Tree of Doom from Spin to Win, but I'll buy a Pumpkin Patch
    I bought like 10 from each
    matiasabad94

level 75

Rhino Keeper
    Has anyone managed to breed any of the returning animals? Sitting in Armordillo squander right now...yuck!!!

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't had any luck breeding these, but I did have another surprise this morning! Last night I put in Earth/Nature/Fire to try for both Sugar Glider and Vampire Cat and got 9 hours, which I figured would be another Plantlers. Nope! My first Flyerfox! Very happy! Foxes are some of my favorite animals!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasabad94 View Post
    I bought like 10 from each
    I couldn't believe how cheap these were and figured that possibly they should have been more expensive so yesterday I directly bought 25 of each (all of which, except one Pumpkin Patch are in my storage). When I won one Tree of Doom on the wheel, I already thought that it would be cool to construct a 'Tree of Doom barrier' in front of my two Lava Lagoons, which are two of my 'most guarded spots' in the forest. It would take 4 Trees of Doom to do that and would emit the message "Behold ye who dares to pass the Trees of Doom as ye are about to tread on sacred grounds and have the wrath of the Gold Lions unleashed upon you".

I could now do that.... ....if only I had the space to spare and move two habitats to other spots. Sadly though the expansions come SO slowly that fun plans like these may never get executed...

Rhino Keeper
    With the cauldron being purchased by gems, is there anything special about it? Does it give anything like maybe tons of food ... You know bobbing for Apple's as food hehe