Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles138 View Post
    I panicked for a minute and forgot that the update is tomorrow and not today, and I thought I'd be behind when it comes to harvesting. Very glad today is Monday! LOL
    Lol, I was just going to say, tomorrow is the update! Haha I've done that before. Just plant some Rune Prunes and you'll be ok. That is *if* it's a world event tomorrow ;-)

Executive Chef
    Based on past patterns, I have created the following schedule for the special events that we can expect for the rest of the month. Except for tournaments, the schedule for various events are fairly regular but may vary by a week or two, particularly when a new event (such as the Storybook Adventures) are added to the game. This is just my projection and I have no information from S8 as to its accuracy. The dates I have used are the US dates for updates, so they may vary by a day in some locations.

11/10/15 – World Event
    11/13/15 – 18 round tournament
    11/17/15 – Goal Line animal
    11/20/15 – Storybook Adventure
    11/24/15 – 30 round tournament
    11/27/15 – BLACK FRIDAY, Spin to Win
    12/01/15 – Breeding Trio

I am assuming that the last tournament was a one-time event that will not occur again. To plan for a possible World Event tomorrow, I plan to plant 20 hour crops that will be ready to harvest shortly after the update time and hold on to as many explosives as is practical since tokens are generally available from the mine. Since we already had an Autumn themed World Event, it may be something along the line of the US holiday of Thanksgiving but I kind of hope its something completely unique.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    Based on past patterns, I have created the following schedule for the special events that we can expect for the rest of the month. Except for tournaments, the schedule for various events are fairly regular but may vary by a week or two, particularly when a new event (such as the Storybook Adventures) are added to the game. This is just my projection and I have no information from S8 as to its accuracy. The dates I have used are the US dates for updates, so they may vary by a day in some locations.

11/10/15 – World Event
    11/13/15 – 18 round tournament
    11/17/15 – Goal Line animal
    11/20/15 – Storybook Adventure
    11/24/15 – 30 round tournament
    11/27/15 – BLACK FRIDAY, Spin to Win
    12/01/15 – Breeding Trio

I am assuming that the last tournament was a one-time event that will not occur again. To plan for a possible World Event tomorrow, I plan to plant 20 hour crops that will be ready to harvest shortly after the update time and hold on to as many explosives as is practical since tokens are generally available from the mine. Since we already had an Autumn themed World Event, it may be something along the line of the US holiday of Thanksgiving but I kind of hope its something completely unique.
    Thank you for the estimated timeline! This will help a lot in planning ahead in the coming weeks.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you, ninasidstorm8!!

Executive Chef
    Ninasidstorm8 is normally pretty dead on with these kind of estimates. This time I hope that we will not yet get a world event tomorrow already. I'm still down to only 5 grand farms and I need to expand first before I can get back to 6 of them. Apart from that, I'm working hard on restocking my food supply. Getting the Deadwing to epic level severely depleted it and I have an Emerald Dragon, Lionheart and Skeletal Steed that I want to get to epic level ASAP too. That will still require some 400K food and I currently only have some 132K. Planting Rune Prunes will be a very unwelcome break at this time but if I don't do it, it will become more difficult to meet the required levels for the last individual animal when running on only 5 farms. Hmm, there are still a few hours before I have to plant the Rune Prunes. Though I don't like it, I think I'd better be safe than sorry and shall probably not gamble on a world event not starting tomorrow...

Seeking advice in preparation for a possible world event, if you have 6 farms, how many farms would you plant rune prunes on ???

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfunandplay View Post
    Seeking advice in preparation for a possible world event, if you have 6 farms, how many farms would you plant rune prunes on ???
    I always plant rune prunes on all six farms during world events. When it inevitably gets to the time of day to harvest and I'm asleep during that time, I schedule it so that I end up planting charm cherries for a few hours before setting the rune prunes again.

Executive Chef
    On all 6
    Note that Rune Prunes are the best choice for making the maximum of the time before the event starts and that you should not harvest them before you're sure that the event has started for you. Once you have harvested those Rune Prunes, you can essentially fall back to growing any kind of fruits of your choosing. The only important thing is to try and keep your farms at all times busy growing food, preferably of the kinds that take at least 1 hour to grow. 1 hour then equals 1 unit of whatever we'll have to collect for meeting the goal. Normally on my overnight growing I use Nexus Nuts and then back to back Charm Cherries during the day. During the events I basically do the same, but for the overnight growing I tend to choose the 8 hour Mystic Mangoes so as to not lose some hours of growing food.
    Last edited by ogreve; 11-09-15 at 04:20 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfunandplay View Post
    I just planted Rune Prunes on all 6 of my farms for the possible World Event but it all depends on where you are at in the game how you want to play, and how often you can harvest crops. If you can harvest 6 farms regularly during the Event and manage to keep your nest full at all times, you should be able to get enough tokens to get all the prizes.

We should know in a little less than 20 hours if we will start a World Event.

Thank you everyone for your input....rune prunes planted on all 6!! ��