Page 1 of 133 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

The Honorable Panda

Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Instead of having weekly threads on the updates, here is a master thread where upcoming updates can be discussed.

Thanks

Kooky
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-03-16 at 11:15 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Previous or current Special Events

World Event: Firework Forest 07/01/2016 to 07/15/2016
    Leaderboard Event: Summer Games 08/02/2016 to 08/12/2016
    Storybook Event: The Ride of Little Red 08/12/2016 to 08/26/2016
    Spin to Win: Jellyflash 08/16/2016 to 08/23/2016
    18 Round Tournament: Walrust 08/12/2016 to 08/14/2016
    30 Round Tournament: Gecko Roman 08/02/2016 to 08/07/2016
    48 Round Tournament: Hades 06/17/2016 to 07/01/2016
    Zodiac Goal Line: Follow the Leo (Leo) 07/29/2016 to 07/05/2016
    Breeding Trio: Fruit Trio 06/07/2016 to 06/21/2016

I have copied the following from my post later in this thread. Last update AUG 18, 2016.

The AUG 16 update saw the introduction of the Tortice and the start of Spin to Win number 13, with a Jellyflash as the prize. The value pack contains the Puffalo for High level players.

The S8 blog has indicated there will be a new tournament starting with the AUG 19 update with the Explode Toad as the prize. Most tournaments that start on Friday are 18-round tournaments so it is likely to be an 18-round tournament despite the face that we just completed an 18-round tournament last weekend. Either way, this deviates from the typical tournament schedule.

Virgo runs from August 22 to September 23, so it should be the next Zodiac animal. The Zodiac Goal lines have all started on the 29th of the month if there was an update scheduled for that day or the first update following that date. So the next Zodiac Goal line should start AUG 30.

June saw the return of the Breeding Trio. With the Leaderboard Event this month and the Storybook starting the same day that it ended, there will be 5 days left in August after the Storybook finishes for those players that started as late as possible. So we could see a Breeding Trio or a World Event start at the end of the month.

The Snowmonster Battleground started JAN 22, so we are long overdue for one. It appears that this feature has been put into hibernation for now. However, since the Breeding Trio has been resurrected, maybe we will see a new Battleground soon.

Following are my current projections for special events for the next few weeks. The items shown in bold are items that have already occurred or announced by S8.

AUG 2: Leaderboard Event, 30-round tournament
    AUG 5: End Leo Goal Line,
    AUG 9:
    AUG 12: Start Ride of Little Red Storybook, 18-round tournament, End Leaderboard
    AUG 16: Spin to Win
    AUG 19: 18-round tournament
    AUG 23:
    AUG 26: End of the Ride of Little Red Storybook
    AUG 30: 30-round tournament, Start Virgo Goal Line,
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 08-18-16 at 08:33 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for your insight, ninasidstorm8!

I just read what ogreve wrote there (in the thread I initiated), too, and I think you guys are probably right. A Storybook would be more than welcome for me. I like them, even though I didn't have much luck with them, I was never able to finish one. But that's because I was never preppared to raise those animals to higher levels, due to lack of food/organization to harvest food. Now, if it does start this Friday, I'll have some time to raise some animals, and still have a good supply of food for the chapters...

Guess it's time to start "hoarding" some fruit!!

Executive Chef
    Help please no storybook and tournament, I have only 4 farms and back on the Habitat border. I've also never enough bombs to expand the land, I have more than 200 animals I will level up, because I have always too little food. Please TL the event animals, Trio animals etc. to reduce the amount of feed, it takes years to bring order to LVL 15th

Thanks for creating this thread, I think it'll be very useful in the future
    matiasabad94

level 75

Executive Chef
    I wonder if they would run a trio and storybook at the same time?
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I wonder if they would run a trio and storybook at the same time?
    They did so with the Service trio and the last Storybook.

Executive Chef
    ....and the both of them didn't "clash" much then. They saw to it that the required "common breedings" for the Storybook and the trio coincided.
    In this case then, IF we get a Storybook tonight, we can reasonably assume that at some point some common earth-nature and/or earth-fire animal will have to be bred; it shouldn't be difficult to breed a Plantlers and/or Fairy Ferret.

Same for a tournament: it doesn't clash with the trio and/or tournament's requirements.
    Today's update shall be an interesting one. On the one hand it feels like a lot if they unleash the Dragon AND start a flash tournament AND start a Storybook at the same time, but still I think it's quite likely to happen. An 8-day Storybook would end (when directly started) exactly on Halloween. The end prize ultra rare could then nicely be Halloween-themed, with a special habitat to go with it... IF they release a new Storybook I would love to see some more runes as intermediary rewards. My forest is often 'blocked' by the slow expansion process. Recently I twice got a rollback right after a mining session, causing me to lose in total 4 runes. Not nice.

Anyway, maybe even TL thinks throwing in a Storybook tonight would become a bit too much. If so, I'd expect one (still Halloween themed) next Tuesday...

Today's update is one to look out to: that Dragon has me very intrigued and I have high expectations of what it looks like. The first trio animal is white-green (skull-nature colours), the second is white-red (skull-fire colours), the last one is skull-only, so may be very whiteish. It could also be white-red-green (combining the 3 elements from the breeding formula) or white-blue for having gotten three distinct animals, each one of them having white and one of the three primary colours.... A white-blue one sounds awesome.
    TL did really well with the first two animals, especially with the Steed, so I think the Dragon will not disappoint us...:P

As for the tournament: it's almost a certainty we'll be getting one. The latest few tournament animals were all a bit, well, "so so". I hope this time it's a spectacular one, something like the Nightmare, Skeletal Dragon, Toronado was. Something you'd love to pick up and drive home to your forest...:P

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    ....and the both of them didn't "clash" much then. They saw to it that the required "common breedings" for the Storybook and the trio coincided.
    In this case then, IF we get a Storybook tonight, we can reasonably assume that at some point some common earth-nature and/or earth-fire animal will have to be bred; it shouldn't be difficult to breed a Plantlers and/or Fairy Ferret.

Same for a tournament: it doesn't clash with the trio and/or tournament's requirements.
    Today's update shall be an interesting one. On the one hand it feels like a lot if they unleash the Dragon AND start a flash tournament AND start a Storybook at the same time, but still I think it's quite likely to happen. An 8-day Storybook would end (when directly started) exactly on Halloween. The end prize ultra rare could then nicely be Halloween-themed, with a special habitat to go with it... IF they release a new Storybook I would love to see some more runes as intermediary rewards. My forest is often 'blocked' by the slow expansion process. Recently I twice got a rollback right after a mining session, causing me to lose in total 4 runes. Not nice.

Anyway, maybe even TL thinks throwing in a Storybook tonight would become a bit too much. If so, I'd expect one (still Halloween themed) next Tuesday...

Today's update is one to look out to: that Dragon has me very intrigued and I have high expectations of what it looks like. The first trio animal is white-green (skull-nature colours), the second is white-red (skull-fire colours), the last one is skull-only, so may be very whiteish. It could also be white-red-green (combining the 3 elements from the breeding formula) or white-blue for having gotten three distinct animals, each one of them having white and one of the three primary colours.... A white-blue one sounds awesome.
    TL did really well with the first two animals, especially with the Steed, so I think the Dragon will not disappoint us...:P

As for the tournament: it's almost a certainty we'll be getting one. The latest few tournament animals were all a bit, well, "so so". I hope this time it's a spectacular one, something like the Nightmare, Skeletal Dragon, Toronado was. Something you'd love to pick up and drive home to your forest...:P
    Very good points, ogreve.

Since I'm not having any luck AT ALL with this trio, I'm really looking forward to something interesting. A Storybook would be awesome, because there's usually at least two new animals involved. But a tournament with a new and cool animal would be good, too. I really liked the Demonkey, but it wasn't as interesting as the animals you mentioned, of course. I'd love to have played the Nightmare one!

Fashion Designer
    So it's here
    A new story book adventure... THE HAUNTED HORRORS. .. I just love the habitat
    A new flash tournament ... The prize being a JACKAL LANTERN
    And. Trio part 3 .. The DEAD WING

Page 1 of 133 123451151101 ... LastLast