Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on Updates Discussion Thread - Thread 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    take a look on the animals list made by oo56 he did a great job !
    What a handy thread! Out of those animals I only completed the Cactus Kitsune goal and luckily won a Fladingo on a Spin to Win . That has got to improve this year, along with winning tournaments.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    Any guesses on what tomorrow's update might contain?
    We should see a 30 round Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update.

Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    We should see a 30 round Battle Arena tournament with tomorrow's update.
    I really appreciate you keeping up this thread. I know if I read through I can find the answer, your predicting a Story Book in a couple weeks. What's the average amount of food needed for one? This will be my 2nd Story Book sense starting. I've been very diligent in my harvesting and saving food by end of tomorrow I'll have 300,000 saved.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    I really appreciate you keeping up this thread. I know if I read through I can find the answer, your predicting a Story Book in a couple weeks. What's the average amount of food needed for one? This will be my 2nd Story Book sense starting. I've been very diligent in my harvesting and saving food by end of tomorrow I'll have 300,000 saved.
    Usually you need about 150,000 apples during the Storybook. A 300,000 supply should be more than enough.

Executive Chef
    My thoughts on special events during January.

The World Event will run through JAN 12. We are due for a new Storybook Adventure (6 weeks) around the time the World Event ends. The last Goal line animal was released the first week of October, so we are way overdue for that. Breeding trios usually run about 6 weeks apart, so the next one shouldn’t start until the beginning of February. Spin to Win Wheels have run about 21-24 days between starts except the last one which started 39 days after the previous one. We are due for a new Battleground challenge at any time as well.

Assuming we have returned to the normal tournament schedule, we should see 30 round tournaments on Jan 5 and Jan 26 with an 18 round tournament on JAN 15. Based on this I have come up with the following Projections for special events occurring during January:

JAN 5 – 30 Round tournament, New Goal Line animal
    JAN 8 – Start new Battleground
    JAN 12 – Start new Storybook Adventure
    JAN 15 – 18 round tournament
    JAN 19 – Spin to Win
    JAN 22 –
    JAN 26 – 30 Round tournament
    JAN 29 -

Fashion Designer
    I'm looking forward to a 30-round tournament (hopefully) starting today. I wasn't able to really compete in the last flash tournament since I was away for a couple weeks with pretty bad internet access. Thanks to LonePudding for stepping up and making a great tournament chart, as well as everyone else who contributed!

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season!
    Last edited by chippychan; 01-05-16 at 08:07 AM.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Rhino Keeper
    New Tournament and new limited creature: Knitten Kitten! ^_^ I have to say, the kitten is quite possibly the most adorable animal I have seen so far. As much as I do want an adorable party penguin too, which I think will be leaving soon but is still available, I will be switching to trying for this one as priority number one! Must have cute kitten!!

First try was 9 hours though. Wiki lists 16 hours for the kitten if that is accurate (it would not share time with another animal if so!)

Good luck all! I hope many of us get cute kittens and penquins soon!

Rhino Keeper
    I see we have a 30 round tournament in this update. I have not really gotten involved with the tournaments yet to a great degree and was wondering if there are some tips I could go by to use in this tournament. What to use etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Executive Chef
    <sigh> AGAIN a limited animal release today....
    So, another week without free breeding attempts. But...
    This new animal doesn't pose many attractive formulas for me. From dark-earth the only fail I need is a Gargolem. From earth-electric I don't need anything, so 3-element attempts at the Penguin and Kitten at the same time are unattractive due to the added fails that tend to have long timers too.
    I may simply stick with attempts at the Penguin for now. Anyway, I've got some 9 more hours to sit out of Koala fails so I don't have to make up my mind just yet.
    The upside of doing gem-dark-earth breeding would be that the fails are substantially shorter, so perhaps when I've had my share of Koalas I may have some shots at it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    I see we have a 30 round tournament in this update. I have not really gotten involved with the tournaments yet to a great degree and was wondering if there are some tips I could go by to use in this tournament. What to use etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Follow chippychan's excellent element chart for the new tournament here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-2016-Icegator

This will help you greatly in picking the best fighters for each opponent. Generally speaking, you want to pick elements that are "strong" against your opponent and avoid those that are "weak." You should also use animals with the highest level (max is 15) and highest rarity (Ultra Rare>Super Rare>Rare>Common) possibly with the elements you want. Essentially you are trying to maximize your odds of getting a "critical hit" as that is usually the only way to win a round. There are some excellent threads on the subject that go into far more detail as well!

Good luck with your first tournament! Try not to stress too much over losses as most of us have many losses before the end.