Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/15/15 iOS Update - Cabbage Hut - GEM PURCHASE

Host(ess)
    I bought the cabbage hut. If you want to purchase it, I would advise saving your 3 cabbages from the tent before you buy the hut. After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given. Now a total of 8 cabbages. There's a task to throw 10 cabbages at the baron to earn 5 cabbages and that made no sense to me because I'll be losing 5 plus I'll be waiting 2 days to get from hut to make up the 10 cabbages. So I ignored it & kept my 8 cabbages. However, the tent no longer give cabbages because it's over 3. Cabbages are now collected once per day and stored at tent. I don't know if there's a limit to cabbages stored. I'll just wait and see.��

Rhino Keeper
    This doesn't make sense to me maybe my math is wrong but the grand prize doesn't seem to be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Trin5 View Post
    I bought the cabbage hut. If you want to purchase it, I would advise saving your 3 cabbages from the tent before you buy the hut. After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given. Now a total of 8 cabbages. There's a task to throw 10 cabbages at the baron to earn 5 cabbages and that made no sense to me because I'll be losing 5 plus I'll be waiting 2 days to get from hut to make up the 10 cabbages. So I ignored it & kept my 8 cabbages. However, the tent no longer give cabbages because it's over 3. Cabbages are now collected once per day and stored at tent. I don't know if there's a limit to cabbages stored. I'll just wait and see.��

Rhino Keeper
    This is how I understand the tent works:

1. Once I visit the tent 22hr countdown starts
    2. If I have less than 3 cabbages it is refilled to 3
    3. If I want a different prize I need to re-visit the tent after 22hrs for new countdown to start
    4. When I collect from the Cabbage Hut I get 1 cabbage added to tent
    5. So far no known max limit on cabbages

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlcek View Post
    This is how I understand the tent works:

1. Once I visit the tent 22hr countdown starts
    2. If I have less than 3 cabbages it is refilled to 3
    3. If I want a different prize I need to re-visit the tent after 22hrs for new countdown to start
    4. When I collect from the Cabbage Hut I get 1 cabbage added to tent
    5. So far no known max limit on cabbages

Correct me if I'm mistaken.
    As I mentioned before, to maximize amount of cabbages stored, don't use the 3 cabbages given from the tent on the day of purchasing hut. (That is, if you wish to purchase it) After purchasing hut, 5 cabbages will be given as reward so that makes 8 cabbages total if you don't use the 3 cabbages from the tent.
    Note: You will no longer receive 3 cabbages per day from tent. The hut will give 1 cabbage per day which will be stored at tent. Save enough cabbages to guarantee a prize, that means at least 25 cabbages. So that's 1 prize a month. I don't know if there's a max on amount stored. I won't use any cabbages unless there's an item I want so I'll save as much as I can. I hope this info is helpful.
    Last edited by Trin5; 10-19-15 at 06:16 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    For those who have any interest in what the Barons Tent has to offer, these two gaming strategies may clarify the advantages of purchasing the hut:

Without the cabbage hut, you can:
    A1) throw 3 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent)
    OR
    A2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and still have only 3 cabbages to throw (due to the fact that the daily refill never accumulates) Every top prize you desire will cost you about 180 gems.

With the cabbage hut, you can:
    B1) throw 4 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent + 1 daily from the hut)
    OR
    B2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and then have 25 cabbages to throw, thus winning all the random material on the board AND the top prize (due to the fact that the daily cabbages from the tent accumulate)
    Even if you're having the worst of luck on the throwing board, you can still collect the top prize every 22. day without ever spending gems beyond purchasing the hut.

If you are not interested in the Barons tent, there is no advantage in buying the hut. My sympathies if you bought it by mistake.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tvangstanke View Post
    B1) throw 4 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent + 1 daily from the hut)
    OR
    B2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and then have 25 cabbages to throw, thus winning all the random material on the board AND the top prize (due to the fact that the daily cabbages from the tent accumulate)
    You assume, like everyone else that one can accumulate 25 cabbages. While there appears to be no upper limit to purchased cabbages via gems/real money there is zero confirmation from S8 that one can actually accumulate 25 cabbages by waiting the requisite 22 days. As an example, one can exceed the 99 item limit for corn through the random materials collected in the Baron's tent but if one tries to harvest more corn when one is already at 99 corn the count does not increase.

We would presume that one can store 25 cabbages but given the complete and total lack of transparency or further explanation by S8 that is a very, very bad assumption to make. S8 clearly monitors and participates in this forum as they have on hundreds of other occasions and when there has been confusion, especially on items that cost real money (gems) in the past they have been relatively quick to provide clarification. That is after all good salesmanship. The complete and total lack of additional communication on this real money (gem) building makes any assumptions, such as being able to accumulate 25 cabbages a fool's errand since you are placing your faith in the same company that uses gem traps as a revenue generator.

Is the cabbage hut a good buy if the maximum number of cabbages you can accumulate (not purchase) is less than 25? What if you can only accumulate a maximum of 20 cabbages? Or 15? Or 10?

Quote Originally Posted by tvangstanke View Post
    For those who have any interest in what the Barons Tent has to offer, these two gaming strategies may clarify the advantages of purchasing the hut:

Without the cabbage hut, you can:
    A1) throw 3 cabbages each day for collecting random material from the Barons tent (due to daily refill from the tent)
    OR
    A2) stay away from the Barons tent for 22 days and still have only 3 cabbages to throw (due to the fact that the daily refill never accumulates) Every top prize you desire will cost you about 180 gems.

OR
    Even if you're having the worst of luck on the throwing board, you can still collect the top prize every 22. day without ever spending gems beyond purchasing the hut.

If you are not interested in the Barons tent, there is no advantage in buying the hut. My sympathies if you bought it by mistake.
    Too bad you can't post this on the first page. S8 has yet to explain how it works...lol
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Ehehehe, all these explanations above are true if u get lucky and the grand prize ur interested in appears in ur tent on days 22-30. If not, uve lost ur chance of acquiring what u wished for during that month.

Fashion Designer
    I think the goal to purchase the cabbage hut is very misleading. Ivy calls it "a specialized house just to produce and store" the rotten cabbages. That would suggest that you would still get the 3 daily cabbages in the tent which is not the case since the hut cabbages are stored in the tent.

Well I bought the hut ... collected each day and I've had no new cabbages show up in my hut if it a glitch sort it out as I spent coins for this bloody thing only to have gems taken off and still getting nothing for the hassle well and truly not impressed Storm 8 have truly let everyone down with this I bought mine for coins this I know but had gems taken for it now the bloody thing isn't explained and now it seems it doesn't do the job I'm truly fed up