Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tournament! 10/13/15 - Demonkey

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Yep, same reasoning here, though I eventually DO want to hatch all animals I have in storage. In fact, it's one of my agendas I actively work on, but it's not easy to do so with the slow forest expansion speed.

As for your "pony-only" attempts: yeah, it's fun to do tournaments like that (just like the "Gold Lion edition" tournament I recently did (Timbear thread)). Your chances at winning with ponies only should actually be quite good; the Pyro Pony, Matripony, Peony Pony and Prize Pony together (I think those are all FFS ponies, right?) constitute good elemental matches against several animals, including tough to beat gem animals.
    If you get into desperate trouble with that approach, you could consider extending the line up to also include horse-like animals. That way you could also add the Aurora Pegasus, Nightmare and Sea Horse to the line-up if you have those....:P
    That's what I was doing, as I was including the unicorn and Pearl Peryton in as fighters. I may very well try it again next tournament. Snapdragon was my only snag as I had to at least try barn owl which did eventually win. Other than that round and using love dove early on (round 2 I think) which was a loss, I did use just horse-like or my ponies as I like to call them and was having a great tournament.

Executive Chef
    I managed to finish earlier with 6 minutes to spare! I didn't think I'd make it! Congratulations to everyone who finished.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    @sweetdeda: oi, no fair sneaking the Pearly in: that's a deer

@lonepudding: I see you had a close call, but... The important thing is that you made it! I hope you're seeing the raising of class A fighters paying off! Congrats on finishing the tournament!

Rhino Keeper
    Am I the only one who really likes this monkey? Lol! I think the halo in his head adds some irony to him, all devlish and stuff

Anyway, I finished it in the late morning, yesterday, and it's being raised, side by side with the Reckless Roc (I want to take them both to epic, they're good coin earners!)

Let's see what's next. I'm hoping for a Storybook, or more Battlegrounds (since I'm not having any luck with the trio, meh). There's probably going to be something new tomorrow (Tuesday), right?

Rhino Keeper
    And congratulations for those who got it (even the ones who didn't really want it, hehe)!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    @sweetdeda: oi, no fair sneaking the Pearly in: that's a deer

Isn't a deer a little pony with antlers?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    Isn't a deer a little pony with antlers?
    Ehhhh, I guess....
    Now.... under similar pretenses you could also smuggle the Gold Lion into your fighter line up, after all, just like a horse the lion has manes too.

Fashion Designer
    No offense to those who like Demonkey, but I do not feel bad about missing this tournament at all. That is one fugly monkey. Honestly, when I look at some of the other recent limited animals (Hummingburn, Fallmingo, Halloweasel from Spin to Win), the breedable Ghostrich, the beautiful Autumn animals, a lot of the tournament prizes look blah in comparison.

Congratulations to those who got Demonkey and I hope those that didn't have better luck in the next tournament.
    If you see a level 18 forest named Sleepy Hollow, it might be me. If you are interested in being neighbors, send me a private message and I'll tell you my Storm8 ID

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516