Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gifting at reset?

Rhino Keeper

Gifting at reset?

So I just gotta ask...

Why do people think that reset is so important?

I have assessed that, gifting at reset is only really important during goals. Other then that, I think it's reasonable to gift no later then three to four hours after reset.

Most of my neighbors gift at reset, but mine is 2am and I'm just not able to get up that early in the morning. I did for the first year, and it ****ed me! I was exhausted all the time, and now, I have other issues that prevent me from being up that early.

I have noticed that on goal day, most people are asking their neighbors to hold gifts till the update. It seems that the same people that gift at 2pm on goal day, are the same neighbors who gift at 2am, so why bust your chops?

Honestly, it seems like it's more of a "me first" thing. I don't feel it matters who gifts you, so long as 20 slots are filled, and -if your in need of something specific- the gift is right. I personally want my neighbors to feel rested, and most of all, this game is not suppose to be stressful, it's suppose to be fun. So I don't know why neighbors don't just wait to gift till they wake up.

Im curious, what motivates people to wake for reset? I've even had people who were frustrated because they couldn't gift me? WHAT? Why? I have twenty gifts. lol! That should be a good thing...right?
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

Thank you! I have always wanted to post the exact same sentiments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeldon2864 View Post
    So I just gotta ask...

Why do people think that reset is so important?

I have assessed that, gifting at reset is only really important during goals. Other then that, I think it's reasonable to gift no later then three to four hours after reset.

Most of my neighbors gift at reset, but mine is 2am and I'm just not able to get up that early in the morning. I did for the first year, and it ****ed me! I was exhausted all the time, and now, I have other issues that prevent me from being up that early.

I have noticed that on goal day, most people are asking their neighbors to hold gifts till the update. It seems that the same people that gift at 2pm on goal day, are the same neighbors who gift at 2am, so why bust your chops?

Honestly, it seems like it's more of a "me first" thing. I don't feel it matters who gifts you, so long as 20 slots are filled, and -if your in need of something specific- the gift is right. I personally want my neighbors to feel rested, and most of all, this game is not suppose to be stressful, it's suppose to be fun. So I don't know why neighbors don't just wait to gift till they wake up.

Im curious, what motivates people to wake for reset? I've even had people who were frustrated because they couldn't gift me? WHAT? Why? I have twenty gifts. lol! That should be a good thing...right?

Executive Chef
    Hi your gift maxed very fast, then you expect those 20 gifts you receive are the gifts you want for the goal. not foods or parts that are irrelevant to the goal. That is the reason why many players want their neighbours to hold their gift until the goal arrive. I am one of the players who want my neighbours to hold gift first until goal arrive then send gift. So far, all my neighbours cooperate and support with me. We build many machines fast and without difficulty.

Rhino Keeper
    I hold my gifts on updates just in case we get a new appliance. I don't gift at reset and I am not going to disrupt my sleep to do so. I will gift when my kids are on the bus and I have had my coffee!!! I don't get the big deal with doing it at reset honestly...been doing this for years. If anything I find gifting at reset to be a hindrance. Let's say it's goal day...the goal parts don't come out till its goal time, but I have neighbors who have already gifted me at reset. Now I have no parts for the new appliances that just came out, except for some of my neighbors who do wait. I always finish the goal way before time is up. Enjoy sleep, it's a great thing! Lol

Executive Chef
    Many of my neighbours inform me to hold gifts. I also in return inform them to hold my gift. This is fun way to interact with each other and get the correct gift for new goal parts.

Executive Chef
    I occasionally gift at reset just to make sure my neighbors aren't questioning my continued interest in the game, since i'm not a daily tipper, and even when i am tipping i sometimes do so without leaving a note. but it's okay for me, because even though reset's at 3 am, i tend to be a night owl. i'd never wake up specifically for reset, nor would i stay up for it, but if i do happen to be up, then i finally get a day with all "your gift has been sent" and no "x neighbors have already received their quota of gifts," which is a nice change of pace.

but when i don't happen to be up, there's no way i'm gifting within 3-4 hours of reset either. i have no reason to be awake at 6 am, and this game isn't going to be giving me one. why is that a reasonable time frame?
    Last edited by twospoons; 10-13-15 at 12:28 PM.

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires
    if u dont gift at reset they wont receive your gift. almost all my neighbors are maxed on gifts like right as soon as it resets. you have to race to do it but most nights i cant stay up that late and when i wake up i dont even bother gifting cuz theyre maxed out anyway
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.

Farm Supplier
    I don't gift on reset. I gift when i wake up and have time to spare before i head off to work, i usually wake up 4:00 am for work, have my coffee and that's when i gift. On weekends I sleep in til 9 am and get around to gifting when i sit down for coffee. I just do i when i feel like getting into the game, it does not run my life and so far my neighbors seem to be happy with that.

Right now i have 20 neighbors, no point in having more than 20 since you only can gift 20 and recieve 20. All of them respond to goals as i do. All about finding compatibility and i'm lucky to have great neighbors .

Executive Chef
    I gift when I am able, plain and simple and it's not everyday as I just don't always have the time. If my neighbours don't like it, they can delete me. I honestly couldn't care less. Thankfully I'm very lucky to have lovely neighbours who've never complained. I live in a different time zone to most of them so I wouldn't be able to gift at reset most days anyway because I'm busy cooking dinner or looking after my toddler.

My reset time fall on the afternoon. So I usually log-in and mass gift to all my neighbors during my free time. And I like to see the "gift sent" pop-up. Sometime there will be some nbrs which I couldn't send due to gifts maxed already. Those are the so called popular neighbors. Lol XD

I don't think there's any big deal about gifting during reset. They can choose to gift whenever they prefer to. Nothing to fuss about. It's just a game.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast