Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gifting at rest?

Rhino Keeper

Gifting at rest?

So I just gotta ask...

Why do people think that reset is so important?

I have assessed that, gifting at reset is only really important during goals. Other then that, I think it's reasonable to gift no later then three to four hours after reset.

Most of my neighbors gift at reset, but mine is 2am and I'm just not able to get up that early in the morning. I did for the first year, and it ****ed me! I was exhausted all the time, and now, I have other issues that prevent me from being up that early.

I have noticed that on goal day, most people are asking their neighbors to hold gifts till the update. It seems that the same people that gift at 2pm on goal day, are the same neighbors who gift at 2am, so why bust your chops?

Honestly, it seems like it's more of a "me first" thing. I don't feel it matters who gifts you, so long as 20 slots are filled, and -if your in need of something specific- the gift is right. I personally want my neighbors to feel rested, and most of all, this game is not suppose to be stressful, it's suppose to be fun. So I don't know why neighbors don't just wait to gift till they wake up.

Im curious, what motivates people to wake for reset? I've even had people who were frustrated because they couldn't gift me? WHAT? Why? I have twenty gifts. lol! That should be a good thing...right?
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

Farm Supplier
    agreed. i've removed nbrs cause they've freaked out on my wall over gifts. a gift is a GIFT, precisely that. surprise me, whatever time of day...

Fashion Designer
    I gift usually after I visit all my other TL/S8 games and get caught up.

After I gift, I visit my neighbors. One day I gift food.
    The next I gift parts. Figured this is fair to everyone,
    since I have neighbor's that request either or.

Only exception is update day, I usually visit first.
    Then gift parts needed for new appliances.

I am not going to set sleepy time according to a game.
    Sometimes I think in some of these games, TL/S8 expects
    people to become insomniacs...lol
    I value what sleep I get nowadays.

Executive Chef
    2AM might be the reset time for you but not for every single one of your neighbors. They are most probably living in a different timezone and their reset time could fall at mid-day, which is a perfectly normal time to be awake thus they are able to gift immediately. You don't have to gift at your reset time if it's not convenient for you. If some of your neighbors are full by the time you send gifts then oh well! It's a casual game, no need to be stressed over. xD

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by keio_b View Post
    agreed. i've removed nbrs cause they've freaked out on my wall over gifts. a gift is a GIFT, precisely that. surprise me, whatever time of day...
    Well, I inderstand, and respect that everyone has a different play style. I personally feel that it's important to gift my neighbors anything they may ask to be gifted as it's hard to build an oven if you have to rely on requests, or beg for people to send what you need, but I'm with ya on the time of day thing. I think people get too tossed up over the reset thing. I personally love all my neighbors to death, but wish some folks would chill on the gifting time. LOL!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyEna View Post
    I gift usually after I visit all my other TL/S8 games and get caught up.

After I gift, I visit my neighbors. One day I gift food.
    The next I gift parts. Figured this is fair to everyone,
    since I have neighbor's that request either or.

Only exception is update day, I usually visit first.
    Then gift parts needed for new appliances.

I am not going to set sleepy time according to a game.
    Sometimes I think in some of these games, TL/S8 expects
    people to become insomniacs...lol
    I value what sleep I get nowadays.
    Not sure why they have reset at 2am to begin with. I wish they'd just move reset to a little later. Willing to get up at 4 or 5 but 2?? That's crazy. LOL! I think there are a fair Shari of people on BS and RS that are definitely insomniacs.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeldon2864 View Post
    Not sure why they have reset at 2am to begin with. I wish they'd just move reset to a little later. Willing to get up at 4 or 5 but 2?? That's crazy. LOL! I think there are a fair Shari of people on BS and RS that are definitely insomniacs.
    You are nicer than me, I wouldn't get up at four or five am to gift. Lol

Executive Chef
    My gift reset time is around afternoon. So this is not a big problem for me to send gifts to all my neighbours.

Farm Supplier
    FYI: reset time is midnight in California @ S8 HQ. That's 12:00am PST

Rhino Keeper
    I've known where S8 is based out of, for a couple of years now. I know they have reset at midnight..technically. Most things are set to "renew" at midnight. Still curious why it's so important, for some, to gift at reset. lol! Don't even think they really know themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast