Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Using the Diamond Temple - my experience

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post
    I don't have the Diamond Temple but did manage to breed Diamond, Quetzal, Crusader, Angel, Infinity, Mercury, Gold and Diamond Prism.
    Almost gave up on Crusader despite the short fail time, as it took me 503 (yes: five HUNDRED and three) tries to finally breed it!
    I don't think I'll buy the Diamond Temple ever, totally happy like this
    I got so many Crusaders! I dread breeding for the rest as he is my stock standard diamond fail. I did well over 200 tries for Quetzal I just lost count after that. I'm a bit like you - I am still resisting the Unicorn purchase, although I know I probably will buy the Value Pack. I don't mind buying expired dragons in value packs, but I like to breed the breedable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I've never used the Diamond Temple and have bred Diamond, Angel, Queztal, Mercury, Gold, Crusader, Astromancer, Anubis and Infinity. I purchased Unicorn.
    Maybe I am just too impatient! I am sure they would all come to me in time, but a little boost is allowed, so I took advantage of the opportunity. Plus I was curious to see if it would make any difference.

Well done on your Diamond family!

Fashion Designer
    The temple is actually good not only for the diamonds but also for a lot of super rares that can be very hard to breed normally. I can definately attest to its value having used it several times now. However, I tend not to do speed ups unless I need the dragon out of the evolution temp,e for some strange reason (example yesterday I sped up a soccer evolution to use in tourney), and feel it's simply cheaper to recharge or buy the roost on occasion which I have used twice now, both times in conjunction with boosted breeding as well. So those times I had very good results. There was only one temple outing that gave me trash out of the several times I have used it. Waste of money? Some would say yes, but as I said, I don't count just diamonds. I have very few dragons kept in my hoard that are simply common or rare unless they are unbreedable or anniversary special dragons. In fact I have so many red yellow supers I am considering culling to just the favourites!

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Rhino Keeper
    Hi all. I see you would like to do an experiment and I'm contemplating purchasing the temple. I honestly don't even consider this a diamond for all it has done for me lol I'm on lvl 117 and only have the Prime Eternal which I purchased hoping it would give me some other diamond but nothing so far and at this point I am pretty desperate to get a diamond on that island. Let me know what you think if you consider it a diamond that may actually help me lol if not I can keep records of my results

Executive Chef
    Mystctattoo I am a little unclear as to your question, I am sorry. Would you rephrase if possible?

I've recently fired my Diamond Temple up again to try for the hybrids I don't have, such as Anubis, Dark Angel, Black Diamond etc. So far I've scored Mercury and have three days remaining.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Mystctattoo I am a little unclear as to your question, I am sorry. Would you rephrase if possible?

I've recently fired my Diamond Temple up again to try for the hybrids I don't have, such as Anubis, Dark Angel, Black Diamond etc. So far I've scored Mercury and have three days remaining.

Someone posted that it would be interesting to see the results from an island with no diamond. I have an island that is lvl 117 and have been unable to breed a diamond but I do have the Prime Eternal dragon which at this point I don't even consider a diamond for the nothing it has done for me except the coins. I do want to see what today's update brings and depending on what it may be I plan to get the temple. So I suppose my question is would you consider me a diamondless island and want me to keep records of my breeding to see the outcome on an island with no diamond?

Executive Chef
    Now I understand! Sorry for my lack of comprehension.

Honestly, I never set out to get people to keep records other than what they wanted to keep themselves. I knew some people were curious about the Temple so I shared my experience simply to give people an idea of what it may be like.

I think it is different for each person, really, but do come and add your thoughts about your experience because the mire information available the more information others can access when deciding if they want to invest in the Temple.

Good luck!

I am sorry to hear your Prime Eternal is not living up to expectations. Mine has been good, but is still at level 6 so a long way to go yet.

Executive Chef
    Wow! I don't have the Diamond Temple and I've never tried for Crusader before but just now I had an empty nest and empty breeding den so I thought I would go for it for a few minutes waiting for the arena. It took less than 20 tries (just about 3 minutes) to get that 44-hour timer!!! Yay! Crusader will be my first Diamond hybrid!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Wow! I don't have the Diamond Temple and I've never tried for Crusader before but just now I had an empty nest and empty breeding den so I thought I would go for it for a few minutes waiting for the arena. It took less than 20 tries (just about 3 minutes) to get that 44-hour timer!!! Yay! Crusader will be my first Diamond hybrid!
    Congrats Sandy! Hope you'll love yours as much as I love mine! He was my first Diamond hybrid too (pre-temple, he was). Very handy against the right opponents in the Arena and VERY good looking!

Executive Chef
    My second run at using the Diamond Temple just ended. Not as successful as my first use of the Temple, but I did score Mercury as a new Diamond hybrid plus Hippogriff and Never Ending - while not Diamond hybrids, these two are nice to have.

My pairings were made up of (in various combinations) Prime Eternal, Spirit Queen, Infinity, Ghost Armor, Frightmare and I used Night Elf once: clearly I was targeting black hybrids if at all possible (although white would have been nice too), which are always difficult so getting one hybrid was probably not so bad.

Out of 22 pairings over the 7 days, in addition to the three named above, I got 5 x Coral, 4 x Penumbra, 3 x Athletic, 1 each of Luck, Charm, Water, Winter, Wizard and Smoke. Make that 2 x Winter (the one That was still on the Den when I posted).

In other words, perhaps the black split 95% of the time (assuming the last one is not Dapper). If it didn't split, it didn't get into the progeny - either way, only 1 black hybrid. EDIT: last one was a Winter.

The final pairing is yet to land on the nest, but at 12 hours it is not a Diamond. If it is Dapper, Mistmoth, Manticore or Goodwitch I will be reasonably happy, the other possibilities I already have.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 02-01-16 at 05:00 AM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Fashion Designer
    I just took another run with the temple looking specifically for rainbows. I have not really been after the diamonds but mainly due to my large family but rather some specific super rares. If a rainbow prism drops in my lap or a dark angel I shall not turn it down tho! Someone asked if Eternal is a true diamond and it most certainly is! He is in fact very good in battles, for me at least. As a breeder, he has not been great as he like to split too much but don't all the blacks?

On the other hand, I have been pairing Quetzel with Prima Chroma and having amazing results. So far have scored quicksilver, Blue Moon, and tie dye. All three are new to my island and two of those have been eluding me for months. I also got lunar rainbow and if I am very lucky I have triple rainbow cooking now although it's more likely a 22 hour fail and we all know which fail lol.

Anyhow, with 48 hours to go still a chance on my hoped for rainbow prism or Night Elf that I want so badly. For the record, I generally combine temp,e breeding with boosting as I find the results tends to be superior. It is the only time I ever pay for boosting.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast