Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Using the Diamond Temple - my experience

Executive Chef

Talking Using the Diamond Temple - my experience

I was so, so, so over trying, endlessly, to breed Quetzal I caved in and invested in the Diamond Temple as I finished the Dragon Tales - I matched Harvest with Diamond in the last Act. I read up on other players experiences using the Diamond Temple and thought it worth a try. I decided I would judiciously, only if necessary, speed up breeding/evolving as it seemed to innocent llittle me some other players were spending an awful lot of Gold on speeding things up once they got the Temple (dramatically increasing the "cost" of the Temple). I wasn't that flush with Gold, so decided I'd take a more cautious approach.

Diamond and Harvest gave me.........Sunrise.

Next I paired up Diamond and Rainbow and got the Gold Dragon - Yippee!

I won't bore you with the several matches that gave me a couple of Mists, and Island, a couple of Water, an Air, a Love and I'm sure some other common fails - I have got the records and will compile some stats at the end of the exercise, but for the moment you get the drift! I've also scored an Messenger and a Social (new for me). Plus a Virtue that will give me a pink something for later crafting - when I can afford the 33 hour evolution time.

Today I managed to finally get a Quetzal egg on the nest (Diamond x Forest)! The Diamond Temple costs 300 Gold and I have already achieved two new Diamond hybrids and I have 5 days to go, so the timer tells me. Those two dragons carry prices of 2,600 and 2,500 in the Market - a total of 5,100 Gold bars (not to be confused with Gold dragons). As far as I can see, the Diamond Temple has already paid for itself.

This is where it starts to get interesting.

Right now I have a Quetzal egg with 27 hours to go and I did speed up the hatching and evolution of Gold to level 4 so I can breed Gold and Diamond in the hope of getting Infinity before the 7 days runs out. Clearly Quetzal is a better choice as the Forect Fails are only 20 seconds but how much Gold am I going to lay out speeding things up? Plus I gave Wizard and Carousel a whirl at producing Infinity. Up popped a 10 hour timer so while it isn't Infinity it could be anything from yet another Fruitful to Archon (a very handy dragon, I believe).

But to get Diamond back on the Breeding Den, I'd need to speed that up. To speed that up I need to get another egg hatched. Or do I speed up Quetzel's hatching AND evolution? And the current pair on the Den? No I am not getting the Breeding Roost as well, I already made that decision.

What I am illustrating is that despite the best intentions in the world of NOT speeding up too much, the flow-on effect catches one! When I do speed things up, I try to do, say, the last 20 hours of Gold's 44, not the whole 44 hours.

Then there is all these bombs - because on top of all this happening I also have Azurite crafting (going to need a nest sooner or later) and Sorcerer sitting in storage! I'm wondering do I try for two Azurite dragons given we have a few days left (I have 21 bombs already). On the other hand, the Dragon Tales and the Tournament have left me with 44 Jigsaw pieces - do I try and get another 55 and have a Jigsaw to trade? The crafting takes 36 hours and, and, and................... ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

All I wanted was to get a Quetzal - now I am tearing my hair out with decisions!

The bottom line is - I tried about 200 times (maybe more) with Diamond and Forest since I bred Diamond over 40 levels ago and got nothing but a sore shoulder from the micro movements from Den to Nest with all the 20 second fails. I've had the Diamond Temple for a couple of days and I have Quetzal plus another. I'm going to try for Diamond Prism and Infinity for the remaining time.

I'm quite happy with the results. Mind you, the latest fail is Crusader. edit: Make that 2 Crusader fails with a Fire fail inbetween. Do I need two Crusaders? Three Crusaders? Also expensive to speed up....... But better that endless Coral fails, I suppose...

I won't be at all happy if Dragon Story gets "retired" in favour of Dragon Story 2, however.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 10-09-15 at 04:58 AM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    So to finish the story, I started with 1 Crusader and 1 Diamond. When the Diamond Temple ran out I had:

1 Diamond
    1 Infinity on the nest
    2 Gold (1 still on the nest)
    2 Quetzal
    2 Crusader (I traded a third)

Someone asked me about % success rate. Not sure, I didn't end up recording all the Fire and Forest fails I simply sold straight from the nest. I do know I started with two Diamonds and 7 days later I have 8, not counting the one I traded. So reasonably successful, by any measure, I suggest.

Now I have Infinity, I can start breeding for some of the other types I don't have yet, such as Cosmic and Fairytale etc.

I really wanted Diamond Prism or Angel, but maybe next time, depending how much it costs to recharge the Temple. Or they may just arrive in the normal course of breeding if I am lucky.

Do I think the temple was worth it? Definitely.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, but some of us achieved similar results without it. I got diamond, then Quetzal and crusader very easily, very soon after, then infinity and another diamond easily. So, I think we need a lot more subjects to decide. Just my two cents. And congrats!

These are all on my second account.

Just bred a diamond on my first account and I will be trying for hybrids when it hatches sans temple, so I'll find out more then.

I'd be interested to see if someone who couldn't get a diamond bought it and then got a diamond.
    Last edited by debrasbistro; 10-16-15 at 04:02 AM.

Executive Chef
    I read a lot of others' experiences on another site, but couldn't find anything much on here, so just shared. Agree, would be interesting to hear from someone who had no Diamonds to start.

I got Diamond and Crusader relatively easily initially, but after that nothing, despite innumerable attempts to get Quetzal. So I thought "nothing ventured, nothing gained" and gave it a whirl. I don't know if I will recharge it at some point, but it was an interesting experiment.

Glad you got yours sans Temple - seems some do, some don't. Odd really, the different experiences. But then if everyone had the same experiences, we'd have nothing to discuss!

Rhino Keeper
    Thats an interesting summary Deede99, however, i got Diamond luckily (without temple), thereafter i tried Quetzal which i got within 2 mins of trying then again i tried for Crusader that came after 5 mins of trying. Then i wanted to try to infinity, but everytime i try, i get Crusader and Quetzal fails but no sign of Infinity. I know i wont invest in a Temple.

Executive Chef
    I also got Diamond without the Temple. And Crusader. It was Quetzal and Infinity that caused me pain. Plus I wanted to see if it worked at all. I'm curious like that. LOL Now I have it, I'll probably recharge it at some point to try for the others like Angel and Unicorn etc.

I just wanted newbies to have a bit of detail about what they could expect.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    I also got Diamond without the Temple. And Crusader. It was Quetzal and Infinity that caused me pain. Plus I wanted to see if it worked at all. I'm curious like that. LOL Now I have it, I'll probably recharge it at some point to try for the others like Angel and Unicorn etc.

I just wanted newbies to have a bit of detail about what they could expect.
    I know you are right, i guess, when i am up for it, i may think of getting the Temple for other Diamond hybrids! just yesterday i hit 44 again, i.e. getting another Crusader while trying for Infinity! its just that when i dont get something that should come to me, i get after it with all my might . but i guess after 4 Crusaders and 4 Quetzals (more i think, lost count) im gonna give it a rest and try other Dragons that i want other than Diamond Hybrids.

But i really love the way you give every detail, it is really very nice of you to find the time and make the effort to enlighten others Appreciate it

Thank you

Executive Chef
    Isn't it funny - we go from dreaming of EVER getting a Quetzal or Crusader to trading the duplicates!! I find it amusing!

Rhino Keeper
    If you have Diamond already, you don't really need the temple to get Crusader and Quetzal. The both have very short fail times, seconds versus hours. All it takes is time to sit there and breed...complete....sell...repeat, repeat, repeat.... I got Crusader in about 30 minutes of trying. It took me a couple of hours all totaled over 3 or 4 tries. If you are patient and willing to put in the effort you can get those two.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Executive Chef
    JMThrive, maybe for some! LOL Crusader was easy, but Quetzal was very elusive, that's why I crumbled and bought the temple. I probably sold several hundred Forest babies - I was over it. I'd do the "breed...complete....sell...repeat, repeat, repeat.." in bed before sleep, but nothing, nothing, nothing was all I got.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast