Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Flash Tournament! 10/02/15 - Nocturtle

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    Candles on his back, really. Don't like this animal but will still do tournament. Good luck everyone.

All animals are level 15 unless I state otherwise.

Round 1: Pyro Pony w (random pick as I am at work and didn't check elements first, glad I got a critical.)
    Round 2: Treent l, Peony Pony w
    Round 3: Blizzard lvl 14 w
    Round 4: Patriotter w
    Round 5: Cactus Kitsune w
    Round 6: Treent w
    Round 7: Love Dove w
    Round 8: Treent w
    Round 9: Treent w
    Round 10: Treent l, Peony Pony l, Treent w
    Round 11: Unicorn w
    Round 12: Treent w
    Round 13: Patriotter w
    Round 14: Unicorn l, Blizzard lvl 14 w
    Round 15: Peony Pony w
    Round 16: Unicorn l, Unicorn w
    Round 17: Treent l, Peony Pony l, Treent w
    Round 18: Prize Pony l, Love Dove l, Prize Pony l, Treent w
    Finished! Meant to give Love Dove another try against Nocturtle, selected Treent by mistake and got a Critical, thank goodness. Only 9 losses so not bad at all, I remember flash tournaments where I've had more losses than wins. Nocturtle was my roughest round with 3 losses, Prize Pony having two of them.
    Good luck to those still battling their last rounds and big congrats to those who have finished.

Executive Chef
    Well I don't know why but despite having a very good hand of cards, this tournament is not letting me have anything easily. Already I've lost 23 times vs only 15 wins. 12 of those losses were today and in a few hours it's midnight here. I can't believe how some of my normally stellar fighters are completely stuck way too long on some rounds; with the Emerald after 9 losses finally out of the way, now the Skeletal Dragon has my Blizard completely pinned down. 3 losses already. This is normally an opponent that the Blizard on the first attempt tends to get past. Already I've had to double battle 3 rounds and I fear there is more double battling to be done.
    Last edited by ogreve; 10-04-15 at 11:41 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I just can't defeat the Vampire Cat, its a level 20 and all my animals can't defeat it
    ✵✵✵✵✵ Sнα∂ιfєяη (plz call me Shadi)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵plays Fantasy Forest Story (FFS)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵Aura (ID is Shadifern)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵forest news✵✵✵✵✵

Takes forever to get those freaking bombs. I'm running out of space, and fast. I already had to sell super rares because of this.

Fashion Designer
    All done . Wanted to get over with tonight as tomorrow have early morning appointments and did not want to leave anything to chance. So sped the timer twice . And took 2 more shots at the Nocturtle.
    Now it's sitting pretty in my storage. Will put it in nest right after my gold lion..

Best of luck to all who still fighting... You will get through ...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Well I don't know why but despite having a very good hand of cards, this tournament is not letting me have anything easily. Already I've lost 23 times vs only 15 wins. 12 of those losses were today and in a few hours it's midnight here. I can't believe how some of my normally stellar fighters are completely stuck way too long on some rounds; with the Emerald after 9 losses finally out of the way, now the Skeletal Dragon has my Blizard completely pinned down. 3 losses already. This is normally an opponent that the Blizard on the first attempt tends to get past. Already I've had to double battle 3 rounds and I fear there is more double battling to be done.
    Same here Olafo, I just lost once again vs the Skelly and the clock's ticking for us Europeans! :-/

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kuppikahvia View Post
    Same here Olafo, I just lost once again vs the Skelly and the clock's ticking for us Europeans! :-/
    Yeah, it sure is: I've already double battled 6 times now at a cost of 12 gems in total.
    And... after the Blizard inexplicably failed FIVE times, I finally just switched opponents. I decided to give the Ancient Sloth a go and... it took it out on its first attempt! :P
    I have about two more hours to go before I'm off to bed (around midnight). I'll keep on double battling. I really hope I get the last two rounds on the very first go. If I don't pass round 17 within 2 attempts, I'll have to speed even more, or just call it a day with this tournament.

UPDATE:
    I just had my first shot at round 17, the Frankenswine. As it's dark-nature, it's an excellent "victim" for Ember and indeed it fell on the very first attempt! That's more like it! Only the Nocturtle to go now....
    The following animals are the candidate opponents: Prize Pony, Treent, Thorilla, Gold Lion.
    I feel very much like letting Ember have the first shot at it!
    Last edited by ogreve; 10-04-15 at 01:36 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadifern View Post
    I just can't defeat the Vampire Cat, its a level 20 and all my animals can't defeat it
    Do you have blizzard or glacial Griffin? It took me a few times but I finally got it with glacial griffin. good luck!

Executive Chef
    And I finished! That's a big relief! I really love the Nocturtle - it's so different from all the other animals, the dark blue color is stunning, the candles make it very special and the epic form is really pretty. Yay!

Prize Pony won the final round for me on the third try. Altogether she won 5 rounds in this, her first, tourney. That's almost 1/3 so she's a very valuable addition to my core group of fighters. Very happy with her!

This was certainly not smooth sailing for me. I had 23 losses and 18 wins. I spent 10 gems speeding up between rounds and got 8 gems as prizes so this tourney cost me 2 gems. Nocturtle is well worth that! Now just need to find a good time to hatch.

Congrats to all who have finished and good luck to all still fighting!

Rhino Keeper
    I just beat the Skeleton Dragon with my Thorilla, after having tried all the water animals I had.

I thought, well, nobody said anything about electric with earth, and it worked, finally!

Executive Chef
    And now it's round 18 that just doesn't want to let me have my way. It's past midnight now and I'm still spending gems and fighting for an animal I don't even like so much. This tournament sucks big time; by far the worst I've participated in. I don't know what's up, but day 3 is going ridiculously poorly. Not even Ember is getting me a victory against this turtle. It already suffered 3 losses against it.