View Poll Results: Vote for the Asian inspired themed items!

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travel through the glimmergate

202 73.19%
  • New asian inspired decorations

38 13.77%
  • A cherry tree

110 39.86%
  • Rice crop

69 25.00%
  • New themed banners

19 6.88%
  • Dragon that drops gold items

200 72.46%
  • New red-haired Barbarian character

90 32.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle: Poll & Suggestions thread

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle: Poll & Suggestions thread

Suggestion Thread

Time for a new thread given it's been 3 months since the last one. I read through all the posts again and I'm going to use the couple of posts from dipwid (reproduced below). There was lots of positive feedback on these ideas, so here we go! Thanks you dipwid!

Quote Originally Posted by dipwid View Post
    New theme suggestion-travel the glimmer gate to the eastern lands. (an Asian inspired theme). New decorations to include paper lanterns, craft scrolls to put in your library made from rice paper of course, build a pagoda (drops coins,bowls of noodles, sushi, rice) plant a cherry tree, plant a rice crop, buy a new animal "a dragon dance costume", buy new walls paper divider sections. Craft new weapons to fight the animals such as sai, katana sword, new themed banners, new dragon-the eastern gold dragon, dragon plaque decoration. I have more ideas as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dipwid View Post
    Second set of ideas-
    Barbarian invasion. Various barbarians pop up in the kingdom you must fight. (Storm8 can modify glimmer golems if they am don't want to code a new monster). Adventure to the bandit kingdoms. Find the recipie for war paint to disguise your knights. Red dye and blue dye. Craft stout axes for your knights then-Send them off to the feral lands to see what the barbarians want. Barbarian queen Red wants the lock of her sisters hair that is missing. Craft lock of hair (use horse hair, gold nugget-dust,glimmer dust, sap, cut with magic shears). Give to barbarian queen Red. Craft agreement treaty. Queen red comes for a visit. Give hearty feast and mercury feast. She wants a new tunic and outfit. Craft with wool, furs, boar pelts. Craft boar tusk necklace as gift. Craft sentry horn. She shows how to make a new building-a longship with a dragon like prow and shields along side. The building has a trade like feed the baron and drops certain barbarian and food items like fish, wool, dye, iron, swords, sentry horns(they use them to drink out of). Queen Red walks around your kingdom. She looks like a Viking with red hair, and wears a little red and blue war paint on her face. She wears a horned helmet like in the bandit adventure pic, and a boar tusk necklace.

Link to July 2015 poll
    Link to April 2015 poll
    Link to February 2015 poll
    Link to December 2014 poll
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-02-15 at 02:47 AM.

Host(ess)
    Dragon dropping gold items is a definitive YES !!!!!!!!

As someone who always felt the glimmergate should have had more use, I am definitely in favor of it allowing travel to new lands, especially if it allows establishing a new area to build a colony of some kind. Of the two suggestions, travel to the eastern lands sounds more appealing than a barbarian invasion. My reason for this is barbarians would be humans or at least sentient creatures, and CS has always used beasts as a way to separate the game from thoughts of real violence to keep it acceptable for even children to play. This probably is a reason why trolls are no longer a race we fight after a point in the quests because it was all a "misunderstanding". I'm not saying I don't like it, but this would probably be the reason why the idea would not happen as described.

Giving more thought to the idea of travel through the glimmergate, it makes sense that perhaps the world the glimmer trolls come from is hostile for long term survival. There should be a quest before even going through to recalibrate the gate to access somewhere else. It doesn't have to be a place with any particular cultural influence, though.
    All this being said, as establishing a second world to expand into would be a huge update, I will repeat everyone's desire for main storyline quests to advance some. I barely remember a brief episode involving the Baron, Thurston, and a mysterious locket. That seemed rather important for background story and some loyal and long-term players like myself have probably even forgotten!

I would like to repeat suggestions that will inevitably repeat themselves again. Some I have suggested before and have noticed others mentioned. And I am quite sure I will miss some and others will leap at the chance to fill in the blanks!
    Bridges, either stone or wood, that connect seamlessly to roads.
    Streams, which can connect seamlessly to any other water such as moats, ponds, lumber mills since how else do their wheels turn? They would also work well with the bridges.
    Have certain items that specifically work with the roads so that the road graphic is visible. This would mean gates! I don't use gates because the road should continue through them. Other things, like carriages, would make sense.
    I think it would be fun if the carriages could be attached to the horses we now have and move along the streets! Probably a coding challenge, but it's eye candy!
    Yes, please, fix the inventory system so all the tabs serve a purpose.
    I am sure the ocean is some kind of boundary for the kingdom but I would like to once again suggest some expansion to it. Buildings such as a wharf and fisherman's shack to provide fish. Perhaps an island with a mermaid on it, or potential to acquire pearls. I like shiny things!
    The idea of a wharf also comes with the idea of some kind of exchange system with other players. Community bonds would be stronger if we could send items in inventory to specific players. I know I would like to help certain people in need versus throwing it into some kind of auction house for gold I don't need.
    Merchant stalls. They could just be decorative, taking a small space but a simple decoration to enhance the feeling of a town.

Fashion Designer
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuriousNotion View Post
    I would like to repeat suggestions that will inevitably repeat themselves again. Some I have suggested before and have noticed others mentioned. And I am quite sure I will miss some and others will leap at the chance to fill in the blanks!
    Bridges, either stone or wood, that connect seamlessly to roads.
    Streams, which can connect seamlessly to any other water such as moats, ponds, lumber mills since how else do their wheels turn? They would also work well with the bridges.
    Have certain items that specifically work with the roads so that the road graphic is visible. This would mean gates! I don't use gates because the road should continue through them. Other things, like carriages, would make sense.
    I think it would be fun if the carriages could be attached to the horses we now have and move along the streets! Probably a coding challenge, but it's eye candy!
    Yes, please, fix the inventory system so all the tabs serve a purpose.
    I am sure the ocean is some kind of boundary for the kingdom but I would like to once again suggest some expansion to it. Buildings such as a wharf and fisherman's shack to provide fish. Perhaps an island with a mermaid on it, or potential to acquire pearls. I like shiny things!
    The idea of a wharf also comes with the idea of some kind of exchange system with other players. Community bonds would be stronger if we could send items in inventory to specific players. I know I would like to help certain people in need versus throwing it into some kind of auction house for gold I don't need.
    Merchant stalls. They could just be decorative, taking a small space but a simple decoration to enhance the feeling of a town.
    All great ideas, I like the Ieper of expanding to the ocean and having ships. My qeendom needs a port!

Fashion Designer
    Port please

More ideas that have been mentioned before or maybe not.
    More animated graphics for certain things. All fountains should have moving water, and all decorations involving fire should flicker. These things sit in my storage because they do not look pretty as static decorations.
    A rare decoration, the pumpkin hutch, should drop pumpkins. Perhaps even keep the hutch as the only source of them. Pumpkin pie would be an obvious bakery use for them. Or just something else to get 99 of!
    Coffee beans as a crop. Used to make coffee. Combined with cinnamon rolls to make fika, a delightful energy boosting snack!
    A large dragon, taking up a 2x2 space which moves is neck and exhales puffs of flame instead of flying. It could be the dragon that drops gold items which everyone would like!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    You're on a roll SpuriousNotion!

Executive Chef
    Fun ideas ...I like em all.
    ...and I'm up for *any* kind of culturally-inspired or holiday-themed release.

But what I'd really really really really really really really reeeeeeeally like?

THE OPENING OF ONE NEW EXPANSION PLOT EACH MONTH!

We have now become accustomed to a monthly release of new 'prizes' in the Baron's tent and lately, each new update also brings a new building with it ..so, it would be SOOOOOO awesome if we also had a new plot available each month for us to PUT all of this stuff! As it is now, we have to decide which building or decoration that is LEAST needed or whatever to store, so we can place things on the board like a faerie bulb and an orphanage!

Instead of waiting 6-9 months or however long between expansions and getting 4-7 new plots at once, it'd help SO much to have new land to expand into EACH month. Just one lil plot per month. C'mon TL, make it happen with the monthly release of new Baron "grand prizes" (which let's be real, when they cost gems & sometimes take up to the full amount of rotten cabbages needed to get the 6 prizes behind the Baron's face? Well they're not really grand PRIZES at all, now are they? They're PURCHASES).

PS. The "Sneak Peek" thread isn't open for tomorrow's possible update but if it was, I'd post this part there:
    All I want tomorrow can be conveyed with a lil jig-dance & sung to the tune of "Tradition" from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF:
    "Expansioooooooons! Ex.pan.sions."
    LOL

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast