Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/01/15 Update - Trick-or-Treat! Part 1

Rhino Keeper
    ^ You have to build it to level 1 to get rid of it

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Yeah the 16hr craft time..I'm there and it's a bit depressing as far as game play is concerned. Easier just to spend a gem at the orphanage at the 30 minute mark and speed up a paper. Then again,27 days..who knows what this is leading to..update tomorrow perhaps?
    I just realized we can't craft the fabric, only comes from Ivys house and the orphanage. Guess I'll be spending a gem an hour ( free ones from downloading games!) to speed it up. I'm so bored!

So... Spooky paper... I decided to gem the last two visits to the sawmill so I didn't miss the 24 hour deadline. Immediately put the workshops to work making some more paper (16hours??!). Logged back in just now some hours later and am told I failed to complete the challenge. (My gems are back at least.) But I still have the papers crafting away. So. Am I going to lose my papers? Or the capacity to craft papers? The crafting is a ridiculous time drainer and living wood drainer but what's the deal?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    ^ You have to build it to level 1 to get rid of it
    That is so for every building, no exception. You cannot store a building at level 0.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'm sorry guys, I thought that you could only craft if you finished visiting sawmills, but clearly that's been disproven. Still no news about timer. I crafted a couple of spooky paper, but for the time it takes away from crafting anything else in the workshop it's not worth crafting for me. I'll post if I hear any updates on this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'm sorry guys, I thought that you could only craft if you finished visiting sawmills, but clearly that's been disproven. Still no news about timer. I crafted a couple of spooky paper, but for the time it takes away from crafting anything else in the workshop it's not worth crafting for me. I'll post if I hear any updates on this.
    Lol I can't remember if this is the 3rd or 4th time I've crafted them in the workshop, but I may be done before they finish. Lol if not, I only need 3 so I could wait for those two and collect from the orphanage at the same time. But maybe I'll keep collecting from the orphanage and have 2 hard earned extra spooky paper. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    Maybe you can skip that with gems (25, I believe). Might want to make sure ding that doesn't affect your Porcine problem but I wouldn't think so.
    I doubt that finishing the porcine problem will stop the boars from coming. It didn't stop mine. If anything, they come more often.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Thanks for trying SW. So if the timed goal does not let you craft the paper, because you can craft it regardless of finishing the goal, how did finishing the goal get me ahead?!? I had to gem one...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Any news on the spooky paper? It would be very nice if they'd adjust that 16 hour time, or at least have it make more than one paper at a time.

Personally I'd rather see the orphanage have a longer refresh time, and drop more than one item at a time. I can play a lot, but even I find having to check it EVERY hour tedious.
    I actually prefer the look of the level 3 orphanage, but I will level up, just because I don't want to miss out on what might be a prize on par with the cauldron. Of course, it could also be a dud, in which case I'll wish I'd left it at level three.
    I too am finding the hourly collection time excruciatingly tedious. I've been trying to check in as frequently as possible for 6 days, and I can't imagine doing this for another 27 days. I'm starting to question whether it's time to stop playing after 21 compulsively addicted months.

I do wish S8 would reconsider their decision to make the items drop 1 at a time on an hourly basis. A 3 hour collection time like we've had during recent community events is aggressive enough. S8 could either make multiple items drop or reduce the total items required to upgrade in the interest of player satisfaction.

I don't know if there will be an update tomorrow that continues this from the last known steps but if there is, I am nowhere close to being able to participate, and I'm guessing most players won't be either. I still need a couple of days to work on spooky papers, then about a week for the fabrics. Of course we don't know if checking in 10 to 14 times a day will be enough to meet subsequent goals in the remaining time frame.

Very frustrating to not know how crazily obsessed you need to be to be successful, and to not have any clue whether the rewards for success are of any value. Amazing that you can build a business model based on this!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneRamoth View Post
    Thanks for trying SW. So if the timed goal does not let you craft the paper, because you can craft it regardless of finishing the goal, how did finishing the goal get me ahead?!? I had to gem one...
    I had to skip the last 2 visits as well so the timer wouldn't expire on me. Cost me 10 gems. And I wondered, too, how the heck did that get me ahead? I didn't get any extra paper for it at all....
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******