Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: World Event: Autumn Festival

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    My owl is in the nest now. Hoping we reach the end community prize. Chatter about update possibly being another storybook - so I'm busy planting, planting, planting
    I hope the next update isn't a storybook, although I've been hoarding food as well, just in case. If they make the storybook events too often it takes away the uniqueness, in my opinion.

Executive Chef
    So my game froze when I was tapping things and apparently I tapped the event button that that tells you the progress twice....and the second tap registered as me wanting to spend 267 gems to buy the rest of the acorns. When it unfroze I got the message that I had earned the barn owl and it was in my storage and the gems were gone. (Insert your favorite expletive here). There went the gems I was planning to use to get the Trick or Treent if my last breed attempt didn't go well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I think I'll wait it out. This is going to be so down to the wire, I hope I can make it! Thanks for the help! (and thanks for helping find those gems )
    I would not advise you to do so through speed-harvesting, because every sped hour costs TWO gems, and only give ONE acorn.
    Ideally, as you are very low on gems, I also wouldn't do so through speed-breeding, as the speeding of breedings only "cost" gems and don't give acorns.

By far the ideal route for you is to speed-hatch, because 1 hour of speed hatched time = 1 acorn, AND you're "helping" your forest getting populated, which is good for the cash-flow.
    I'm looking at your forest right now, and the solution for you is easy-peasy.
    The most obvious choices are to first speed-hatch animals that you have in storage that don't require a new habitat to be built. As a general rule of thumb, I'd first speed-hatch whatever you have in terms of world event animals, as these animals can go nowhere else but in the special habitats that were made for them, hence, they're not conflicting with your normal hatching strategies for housing animals of more common animals that can go in the normal habitats.
    Some candidates in your forest are (assuming you have all animals):
    -Egypt: Ra, Sobek.
    -Icecream: Neapolitiger.
    -Autumn: Autumn Equifox.

Then, you can put 2 "nature-something" animals in that empty Nature Preserve you have on the lower green plots, you can also upgrade it to house 3 animals, next, you can upgrade the fire habitat next to it and house an additional fire-something animal there; you could of course also sell the Armordillo baby that's in it for an additional spot.

The above should already well cover it. If it doesn't, you can temporarily store some of the very abundant decoration you have around the den (and elsewhere in the forest) and put habitats there that are quick to construct. The fire and nature small habitats construct in only 10 seconds time and can house two animals each. And... if even that wouldn't be enough (which is not the case in your forest) you could temporarily sell the evolution flower and/or 1 or more farms and put habitats there....
    Also: I see Halloween animals in your forest, but no Christmas, Valentine or Shamrock (unless I missed them). I'd expect you to have a good deal of that stuff in your storage. You can instantly place one or more of those habitats and then speed-hatch animals into that.

I'd go that route. From the amount of gems you mention having, you can probably only speed-hatch a few animals, so I'd focus on the coolest ones and/or special ones first. Personally I love the Egypt animals. If I were the owner of your forest, I'd start by speed-hatching the Ra and the Sobek (in that order). To be on the safe side: check the Wikia for the hatching times. The Ra is 22 hours from memory, so that's 22 gems to speed (and a 22 acorn income). If you do the math on the Wikia, I'm sure you can find a good solution.

Also, if there are some 2-4 gems left at the end, you could buy and speed-hatch Rock-Rhinos and/or a Frostfang. Finally, depending on the time you do this, and the animals you have in storage, suppose that after all this speeding you're still a little over 8 hours away from the end of the event, you could hatch one final animal without speeding, as long as its hatching time is a maximum of 8 hours.

Good luck! You can pull it off, I'm sure!
    Last edited by ogreve; 10-13-15 at 01:11 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    So my game froze when I was tapping things and apparently I tapped the event button that that tells you the progress twice....and the second tap registered as me wanting to spend 267 gems to buy the rest of the acorns. When it unfroze I got the message that I had earned the barn owl and it was in my storage and the gems were gone. (Insert your favorite expletive here). There went the gems I was planning to use to get the Trick or Treent if my last breed attempt didn't go well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Drop them a note and complain. Hope they can do something about it, although I doubt so.
    There are too many gold traps in these games and we just have to get used to them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadifern View Post
    4 batches of 6 mystic mangoes may give you more than rune prunes, and you can speed some up, so you can plant quicker.
    Thanks, I am going for the 20 hrs, so far. If only I knew earlier.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    I would not advise you to do so through speed-harvesting, because every sped hour costs TWO gems, and only give ONE acorn.
    Ideally, as you are very low on gems, I also wouldn't do so through speed-breeding, as the speeding of breedings only "cost" gems and don't give acorns.

By far the ideal route for you is to speed-hatch, because 1 hour of speed hatched time = 1 acorn, AND you're "helping" your forest getting populated, which is good for the cash-flow.
    The most obvious choices are to first speed-hatch animals that you have in storage that don't require a new habitat to be built. As a general rule of thumb, I'd first speed-hatch whatever you have in terms of world event animals, as these animals can go nowhere else but in the special habitats that were made for them, hence, they're not conflicting with your normal hatching strategies for housing animals of more common animals that can go in the normal habitats.

Then, you can put 2 "nature-something" animals in that empty Nature Preserve you have on the lower green plots, you can also upgrade it to house 3 animals, next, you can upgrade the fire habitat next to it and house an additional fire-something animal there; you could of course also sell the Armordillo baby that's in it for an additional spot.

The above should already well cover it. If it doesn't, you can temporarily store some of the very abundant decoration you have around the den (and elsewhere in the forest) and put habitats there that are quick to construct. The fire and nature small habitats construct in only 10 seconds time and can house two animals each. And... if even that wouldn't be enough (which is not the case in your forest) you could temporarily sell the evolution flower and/or 1 or more farms and put habitats there....
    Also: I see Halloween animals in your forest, but no Christmas, Valentine or Shamrock (unless I missed them). I'd expect you to have a good deal of that stuff in your storage. You can instantly place one or more of those habitats and then speed-hatch animals into that.

I'd go that route. From the amount of gems you mention having, you can probably only speed-hatch a few animals, so I'd focus on the coolest ones and/or special ones first. Personally I love the Egypt animals. If I were the owner of your forest, I'd start by speed-hatching the Ra and the Sobek (in that order). To be on the safe side: check the Wikia for the hatching times. The Ra is 22 hours from memory, so that's 22 gems to speed (and a 22 acorn income). If you do the math on the Wikia, I'm sure you can find a good solution.

Also, if there are some 2-4 gems left at the end, you could buy and speed-hatch Rock-Rhinos and/or a Frostfang. Finally, depending on the time you do this, and the animals you have in storage, suppose that after all this speeding you're still a little over 8 hours away from the end of the event, you could hatch one final animal without speeding, as long as its hatching time is a maximum of 8 hours.

Excellent! LonePudding, Ogreve put together the perfect plan for you! So glad he jumped in, I was trying to come up with ideas so quick I would unintentionally steered you the wrong way! We are pulling for you, even with the limited gems you can still do this!
    Last edited by sweetdeda; 10-13-15 at 05:15 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Aaahh , I wish there was a way to help players who are just near the goal but miss it. I used to play another game by Zynga a few years back. There they had in game options of helping or giving gifts neighbours required. Wish that could be done here.
    One very interesting feature that game had was that whenever a new foal or calf was born, you could give 5 free ones to your neighbours. 1st five clicks on the post would get it. Wish this could be done when a new animal was hatched here too. Ooooooohh, now wouldn't that be just GREAT !!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post

This is so helpful, ogreve! Thank you! I completely forgot about the eggs in my storage! I just speed-hatched my Ra, and now my Slippopotamus is hatching. So that will be another 16 acorns, making my total 2,077. If I can somehow manage to get three more acorns (I have no more trunk collections), then all I'll be relying on is S8 not pulling the event early. My prunes are ready literally seconds before the event goes! It's going to be a close one!

And with the seasonal animals, I only played during Halloween, I missed Christmas, Valentine & Shamrock! I really wish now that I played back then, but DS was more my thing. Hopefully they bring some back, maybe we'll get some today! I'd really like the vampire cat

Thank you so much sweetdeda and Ogreve!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Aaahh , I wish there was a way to help players who are just near the goal but miss it. I used to play another game by Zynga a few years back. There they had in game options of helping or giving gifts neighbours required. Wish that could be done here.
    One very interesting feature that game had was that whenever a new foal or calf was born, you could give 5 free ones to your neighbours. 1st five clicks on the post would get it. Wish this could be done when a new animal was hatched here too. Ooooooohh, now wouldn't that be just GREAT !!!
    I too wish for something like this. In Farm story we have a market to sell things we grow and collect (it actually helped me build my castle quickly in event currently going on).

I also love several features in Dragon Story-FFS probably doesn't want to do these because they will be called just a copycat, but surely they could come up with something similar yet original.
    First thing I love in DS is the Stable to store up to 5 dragons and it can be upgraded to hold more.
    Second is that dragons can be turn into elemental gemstones that then can be accumulated and then turned into rare dragons.... Imagine if you could turn all those Planthers, Plantlers, Fairy Ferrets, Armoridillos etc into dark, electric, nature, fire, earth, or water stones and then make those stones into a rare animal... No more selling for just $100!!!
    Currently Playing: Farm Story, Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest Story
    Two accounts feel free to add: Evys_Mom & GCampsen07

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    I wish for this too. And I love the idea of the first five clicks thing, it reminds me of selling/trading feature in FS2 (farm story 2).
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |