Thread: TL vs Storm8

Rhino Keeper

TL vs Storm8

I am still on the fence with the change.....not sure if the newer content is better as the new "Arch" so small compared to previous years....
    I am too busy to visit your game but I do open my games several times a day for gift giving & honor requests for parts/goals/maps if you need a neighbor. I play RS, BS, DS Fashion & Farm. My other ID is hona69.

Android users are people too.

Executive Chef
    Isn't TL and S8 the same company?

Executive Chef
    I think they were all separate companies at some point. Maybe they merged, or S8 bought the others, then they all were operating as separate entities, even though they were all S8. Then they decided to rebrand them all with S8. So TL, Fire Mocha, and Shark Party all combined with existing S8. This is what I believe happened, but I'm not positive.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

About that arch....What are we suppose to do with it? It's.... it's so small. Maybe,they made it for the garden gnome's or for the rainbow zebra You certainly can't place it with the other goal item's, they're HUGE in comparison. Think I'll give it to the gnome's

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    Hey everyone!

We've just updated the vBulletin version and merged all of the existing forums (Storm8, TeamLava, FireMocha, Shark Party) to one single portal. Going forward, all of the forums can be accessed through a single link, https://forums.storm8.com.

Why merge the forums together instead of keeping them separate?

1. One link to rule them all! Visiting https://forums.storm8.com will allow visibility of any game community you are looking for. The old links will all redirect back to this one.
    2. You will only need to sign in once instead of up to 4 different times, once for each individual forum brand. Log in with your Storm8 ID and password and you're set to post in any game community.
    3. Patching and updating vBulletin will be faster, so we have time to investigate ongoing customization issues (avatars, signatures). We'll only need to update one database instead of four.

Are there any issues expected from merging the forums?

1. Before, each forum had its own database, so we are unable to keep all four and merge them together. We can only build off of one database as the main data, so some players will see their user info has been recent or the post history is gone.
    2. Also, some threads and post are unable to be merged over due to conflicting data, so we had to manually move over as many important posts and threads as we could. Please let us know if there was information from the previous forums that did not make it over and we will take a look if we can find it.
    3. The forum styles may not look pretty right now, but we will continually work on polishing the designs so the forums look better, but definitely feel free to share feedback on how forum designs.

Within the forum exists an active and vocal community, which is why we want to continue improving the forum to provide a better experience for everyone. Thank you for bearing with the maintenance while we worked on merging the forums.
    date of thread by DaojinWildfire, 29 May 2013