Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The end of it all - games going away

New Resident
    This is just a rant, I know it won't be read or acted upon.
    But, man, am I gonna miss this game! It took me getting my head (and lower extremities) handed to me, by some who are reading this. But I got better and better. I learned "defense" isn't a bad name. It gave me something to do while I waited in doctors offices.
    Storm8, I'll never ever play another game developed by you or TeamLava. I'll vet every game to see if your developers touched it in any way.
    Goodbye.

Excellent idea, and hey, I was quoted! Wouldn't it be nice if Storm8 actually listened?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-28-15 at 10:51 AM. Reason: removed quote

New Resident
    The more prevalent question at this stage isn't whether enough people want the game to stay online. Do you promise to buy []to raise Storm8's revenue?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-28-15 at 10:50 AM. Reason: removed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Aya_H View Post
    The more prevalent question at this stage isn't whether enough people want the game to stay online. Do you promise to buy []to raise Storm8's revenue?
    I have before, and I'd gladly do it again if they'd put up more s**** point sales. I wish they'd followed through on adding the ability to restructure our existing s**** points, too. I would have paid for that, no question.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-27-15 at 12:13 PM. Reason: edited quote

New Resident
    I've been playing WW for about 5-6 years, it's a shame to see it get shut down

Posted elsewhere as well, but this thread is more vibrant:

Quite a moment. I've played mobsters since nearly the beginning. Through The Great Recession when I wasn't making any money I was in a couple families and was playing hours a day. The depth of the game and endless opportunity for improvement were unsurpassed in all of mobile gaming. I came to know some people pretty well and made some good friends, some of which I know for a fact spent over $10,000 to Storm8 to advance their game characters. s8 actually had a 'ring of honor' for these players that gave them access to the Company beyond that of ordinary players.

In the earlier days it was quite a thing, people looking forward to the Christmas bonuses, new properties, and the like. There were genuine celebrations when a new property was available with its big bump in fake income. I bought new properties daily to maximize financial yield using the calculators.

Then cracks in the armor appeared with offshore game hacks offering in-game points at drastically reduced prices which facilitated other distortions such as pc programs enabling level boosting, glitched godfather rings, and really an entire generation of accounts which had never fought or ****ed anyone to get to level 300. There are accounts in game now at level 300 with under 1,000 deaths and level 200 accounts with max rings which are simply impossible within s8's game dynamics. Anyone that knows anything about the game knows this - and yet s8 allows these accounts to continue unchecked while their owners ignorantly blather on about how amazing they are and honest players watch themselves slide into irrelevancy.

I have an honest 278 account that I've been building for years. Am I sad to see this abandonment? Yes - with a considerable proviso - s8 abandoned mobsters at least 2 years ago, probably longer. What is currently operating has none of the competition and equality that made the game great. My sadness to see this end is more related to my old relationships and what the game was, rather than its current sad state.

It's a business. Clearly the revenue on these legacy games has dried up and with limited resources it doesn't make sense for s8 to carry the torch further. While I haven't seen the players predict this outcome, it's inevitable with short attention spans and constant pursuit of the new. I never put much money into it, though I feel bad for those that have. That said, I've spent hundreds of hours on it. No other game from s8 or anyone else has captured my imagination like the old mobs. It will be an enduring loss, and a lesson to myself and hopefully others that maybe puzzle games and the like that don't require such commitment are a better path.

So long imobsters, it was a wild ride.

Miklorsmith aka Oktapus aka Schwing

New Resident
    I really don't know what 10/26/15 is going to be like. I've played mobs since 09, other than than a few breaks and vacations I would say I played daily. 6 years daily. It was countless hours of ****ing and listing, farming and talking smack. I built an account that I owned. I spent money on points and s****s, I owned that account. In the end s8 is taking the basket down rolling up the court and taking our ball and going home while saying come check out our other games. I know the money I spent was not toward any real value but like I said I owned it so it had value to me. The "retirement" is a gutshot, everytime I open the game that banner hits me square in the face. My logins are becoming less frequent as each day passes it becomes more and more pointless. So I guess that's it a game that united people from all over the world, I met a few in person, is getting its plug pulled like a lame dog. Doesn't seem right anyway I look at it. **** only needed another year to make 300.

Good bye friends and foes and s8 dbs
    From Osiris the original Peter North
    Rage of legends mob was best time I had. Great people great times.

New Resident
    I been playing ww vamp live imobsters forever its ending??? This is bullcrap!!!!!!! Dont take love games offline charge 10$ to play it if u need money for it! This oa bullcrap!!! Lvl 166 on WW for nothing!!!!
    Last edited by sqlu; 09-29-15 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Adding

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by DinaAnarchy View Post
    I hope yall shut down for good would make me feel better the adult games many of us play yall plan on taking away who in their right mind is gonna play bakery story Id say good luck storm8 but I hope yall go bankrupt
    Ditto, hope bankruptcy follows them soon

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by sqlu View Post
    I been playing ww vamp live imobsters forever its ending??? This is bullcrap!!!!!!! Dont take love games offline charge 10$ to play it if u need money for it! This oa bullcrap!!! Lvl 166 on WW for nothing!!!!
    Ive said this before, if they need money, i am positive many players would be willing to pay in order to save their accounts let alone fix the games. How about they run a poll in-forums or in-game to see how many registered players would be willing to pay? But if they decide not to even do that, then they are fools who deserve to go out of business.

Who in their right mind is going to play dragon story or bakery story, let alone buy honor points for it.
    Last edited by Duce101; 10-04-15 at 03:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast