Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Update: Prize Pony 9/25/15

Executive Chef
    I'm thinking the sale prize will be around 600 gems. I think that was the prize Money Badger was introduced for (I wasn't playing then yet but I read it somewhere) and they just released a new Treasure dragon on DS on sale for 600.

Executive Chef
    Hello! Ouch ouch looking so cool. TL please breeds not make too heavy

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    I'm thinking the sale prize will be around 600 gems. I think that was the prize Money Badger was introduced for (I wasn't playing then yet but I read it somewhere) and they just released a new Treasure dragon on DS on sale for 600.
    The funny thing about Treasure animals is that those are the only ones that actually have a guaranteed "return of investment". Suppose the sale cost is 600 gems and the animal gives a gem every 12 hours, then the ROI time is 300 days. :P
    As I wrote in a different thread, paradoxically enough, I'm in a way actually hoping a bit that the animal is a real 'high roller': giving many gems and that the price will be considerably higher, just so I'm not tempted to buy one. I really DO want to breed such animals, and as I already have one Treasure animal, I don't "need it as much as the gem element" that I bought my way into last week.
    We'll see what Friday brings: I see in just about ALL other S8 games that there are far better sales (like 90% off sales) than we tend to get in FFS. Should this new Treasure animal have a very low sale price on the one hand (like e.g. 200 gems or so, like the Dragonfly recently had) and should the breeding formula really be earth-fire (as we all fear), then it will become attractive to buy one (or two even). :P

But... I'm guessing the sale price (if any) will not be anywhere near the 200 mark, so in all likelihood I'll not buy it.
    Besides... FFS is mainly a "breeding game" so I don't really want to become a regular animal buyer.

Fashion Designer
    With the kind of breeding luck I am having, I don't think it is going to be very easy for me to breed this one too.
    I don't have any treasure animals as my attempts at money badger have added to the armordillo army.. And that is the only one I can breed right now as I do not have the gold lion for the golden retriever and ocean owl for the treasure toucan.
    So if the price is attractive , I will be very very tempted.
    But for now I will have to wait and watch

Executive Chef
    I have been doing some thinking about what the breeding combination would be for the Prize Pony. In all three current Treasure animals, three elements are involved. That provides the maximum number of failure combinations without actually letting you breed a Crystal Unicorn. I believe, this is by design and will be true for all future Treasure animals.

It seems as if one of the two animals needed for the Prize Pony will be the Solar Bear. There doesn’t seem to be any other reason to provide an animal with an existing element combination as part of the expansions. The Treasure Toucan uses two breedable animals, but it was the first Treasure animal and I think S8 decided not to continue with that idea. The Terrorier for the Golden Retriever was a battleground prize and the Hareon for the Money Badger was provided as part of an expansion.

In looking at the coloring of the Prize Pony, I see a bit of Green. This leads me to believe that one of the elements will be Nature. So if the Solar Bear is one of the parents, then the other parent should be either an Earth/Nature or Nature/Fire combination. Since Nature/Fire was used for the Treasure Toucan, I would hope that it would be Earth/Nature. If S8 follows the pattern of the Money Badger, then the other parent will be the common animal which is the Planther.

So that is my guess for now. The parents of the Prize Pony will be the Solar Bear and Planther. We will have to see what information the hints provide us. We should know more in a little over a day.

Fashion Designer
    So prize pony I a bread able. Anyone know the combinations?

Farm Supplier
    It is limited so I really do hope solar bear isn't one of the parents as it's taking me forever to expand!

Executive Chef
    Is this animal really only available for 1 week?
    If so, my only chance at getting it is buying it as I need 4 expansions for getting to the solar bear and then it would still need to evolve, make breedings with ultra rare odds etc.
    Am I really understanding it correctly that the animal is limited or just the sale???
    I would be really disappointed if it's limited, never to return again unless in a value pack!!
    In that case I'd better use my excess gems from the Quetzalcoatl acquisition and be done with it. After that I wouldn't have a whole lot of gems left, so further major acquisitions would then be out of the question...
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-25-15 at 11:46 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Is this animal really only available for 1 week?
    If so, my only chance at getting it is buying it as I need 4 expansions for getting to the solar bear and then it would still need to evolve, make breedings with ultra rare odds etc.
    Am I really understanding it correctly that the animal is limited or just the sale???
    I would be very, very surprised if this was a limited animal only available for a week. Most players are nowhere near the Solar Bear expansion, so my guess is that it's on sale for a week, or if there's a gem reward for breeding it, that may be limited time as well. None of the other gem hybrids are limited. I'm not home to check my game unfortunately, so does it say "limited time" or "limited" in the shop on the animal's picture? That's where it's usually indicated if you have a limited time to breed it.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    I would be very, very surprised if this was a limited animal only available for a week. Most players are nowhere near the Solar Bear expansion, so my guess is that it's on sale for a week, or if there's a gem reward for breeding it, that may be limited time as well. None of the other gem hybrids are limited. I'm not home to check my game unfortunately, so does it say "limited time" or "limited" in the shop on the animal's picture? That's where it's usually indicated if you have a limited time to breed it.
    It says limited time in the shop

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast