Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: New treasure dragon : White Gold

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    Every time you look at the gold dragon, I mean a close up to feed or whatever, it resets the timer. So don't look at them in their personal screens. I learned that the hard way with my first treasure dragon
    Well, now - THAT explains a few things! LOL Thanks for the tip!
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    Every time you look at the gold dragon, I mean a close up to feed or whatever, it resets the timer. So don't look at them in their personal screens. I learned that the hard way with my first treasure dragon
    I tested that today (had to, I'm an IT person, couldn't help myself) but I still received the 2 gold at the time it was expected. I didn't lose a gold for looking at the close up screen. I initially thought, as per my earlier reply, that your description explained my odd first day or two. But no problem, got my gold. It should, theoretically, only be the action of activating the "Collect" action that would reset the timer - or of course the evolution process. So it is interesting, because clearly several of you have experienced a loss of gold and attributed that to the action of looking at the dragon. I certainly thought it explained my first few days, even if it seemed odd from a technical perspective (I.e. It would be odd design).
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    It should, theoretically, only be the action of activating the "Collect" action that would reset the timer - or of course the evolution process.
    This should be correct. When you "look" at a gold dragon, the timer doesn't reset unless it has a 'collect' flag over it. Even if it already bears 1 gold, as long as you 'looked' without the collect icon and did not intentionally click the collect button at the bottom of the screen while on 'look' mode, the timer continues. Of course the same couldn't be said when moving gold dragons within habitats as it resets the timer, I think. Best to do that right after collecting.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    This should be correct. When you "look" at a gold dragon, the timer doesn't reset unless it has a 'collect' flag over it. Even if it already bears 1 gold, as long as you 'looked' without the collect icon and did not intentionally click the collect button at the bottom of the screen while on 'look' mode, the timer continues. Of course the same couldn't be said when moving gold dragons within habitats as it resets the timer, I think. Best to do that right after collecting.
    yes moving dragon into another treasure terrace does reset the timer. i confirm i did once in the past so now if i have to move dragon, i do only after collecting
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post

That makes sense! Totally agree. The collect flag is really a short-cut to the collect button. I feed without resetting the timer. Moving I haven't tested. I would have thought moving the habitat would be OK, but moving the dragon from one habitat to another would be different.

Executive Chef
    Finally finished feeding White Gold through level 9! Now just have to wait for the evolution temple to free up (or speed it a little) and evolve to level 10. I have pretty much no apples left so got to start collecting again.

Nightclub Owner
    Bought this, love another gold producing dragon
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819