Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: EXPANSION: Solar Bear

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Here's an "unwelcome twist" to expanding to the new plots: check out the below three screenshots of the first expansion I made there. First there was the normal 1,000,000 coins cost for the expansion itself, but then to my unpleasant surprise, there were 5 pieces of foliage to clear out, and all but one are expensive!
    There are 3 Obsidian Deposits (costing 400,000 each), 1 Basalt Boulder (500,000) and 1 Smoking Shrub (25,000). I really hate it that when we can finally expand, we first have to go through a long timer (18 or 19 hours for me) and then this. The total cost just for clearing the foliage away on that spot is 1,725,000 coins. Add to that the expansion cost (1,000,000 for me) and that's no picknick.
    The only good news is that the foliage clearing times on this spot all are 20 minutes as opposed to the 33 hours (!) of the upper blue shelf.

In itself I don't mind it so much if something costs a decent amount of coins, but as I've been doing back-to-back Charm Cherries plantings through the days, and Nexus Nuts overnight, my funds are now depleted and I couldn't directly buy a Treasure Trove to let it start building overnight. My hourly earning rate is just over 100K and the top earner, the Quartz Quetzalcoatl has been in the den all of the past week and is in the flower now. I'm going to have to take a small break from harvesting now, so tomorrow morning I should have enough cash to start the construction of a Treasure Trove.

Can anyone who has already reached the Solar Bear tell me if the other plots in those regions have about equally bad costs?

As I reported earlier, to get to the upper shelf with the Solar Bear, you need to clear the upper middle plot of the middle shelf. I just expanded to that spot and it has two obstacles each of with take 20 minutes to clear; a Basalt Boulder $500,000 and an Obsidian Deposit $400,000. That is as far as I have gotten so far, I'll try to remember to report on the plots as I encounter them but it will be a while before my next expansion.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 09-27-15 at 01:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    As I reported earlier, to get to the upper shelf with the Solar Bear, you need to clear the upper middle plot of the middle shelf. I just expanded to that spot and it has two obstacles each of with take 20 minutes to clear; a Basalt Boulder $500,000 and an Obsidian Deposit $400,000. That is as far as I have gotten so far, I'll try to remember to report on the plots as I encounter them but it will be a while before my next expansion.
    Thanks!
    I see which expansion you mean with the upper middle plot; bummer, I had hoped to be able to directly go up. I'm also far away from making my next expansion, so it'll take a while. At least it seems that plot is less expensive than the one I mentioned then...

Fashion Designer
    Yay!!!
    Didn't know where to post this so doing it here
    I just expanded to the Treent!!! Am so excited. Had been collecting coins for almost a month to get there .. Then something or the other would come up. Finally did it this morning. But now my coin reserve is absolute low. So no charm cherries for some time. The world event that way will ensure that I am planting prunes or 8 hr mana mangos so hope to build up my reserve.

Yay!!! I am too thrilled.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Yay!!!
    I just expanded to the Treent!!! Am so excited. Had been collecting coins for almost a month to get there .. Then something or the other would come up. Finally did it this morning. But now my coin reserve is absolute low. So no charm cherries for some time. The world event that way will ensure that I am planting prunes or 8 hr mana mangos so hope to build up my reserve.

CONGRATS!! I've been trying to get to Treent too. But as you said - events keep popping up.
    If you don't mind my asking - what did you try to plant (mostly) to get there? 20 hr prunes or nuts & cherries?

I'm happy for you. I can't wait to finally get there. Although I'm thinking I may need to expand elsewhere again for the harvest habitat before I can continue saving for Treent.
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Fashion Designer
    Also, someone had pointed me in the direction of Zenobia? Original 'expansion obstacles' thread a while back. That was so helpful.
    It would be GREAT if someone could find the OP from that thread & add update cost of obstacles on each new plot. I definitely tried to use that to guide me with cost-effective expansions
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Also, someone had pointed me in the direction of Zenobia? Original 'expansion obstacles' thread a while back. That was so helpful.
    It would be GREAT if someone could find the OP from that thread & add update cost of obstacles on each new plot. I definitely tried to use that to guide me with cost-effective expansions
    I think this is the one you mean:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....sion+obstacles

It's a pretty helpful guide! Though it doesn't include all the new areas.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    CONGRATS!! I've been trying to get to Treent too. But as you said - events keep popping up.
    If you don't mind my asking - what did you try to plant (mostly) to get there? 20 hr prunes or nuts & cherries?

I'm happy for you. I can't wait to finally get there. Although I'm thinking I may need to expand elsewhere again for the harvest habitat before I can continue saving for Treent.
    Thank you so much
    I had been trying for very long. And every time I would collect coins some thing would come up. The Swan princess really depleted my coin reserve as I was planting charm cherries to get to the feeding targets.
    Again the super hero adventure also did the same
    But after that I would grow charm cherries on 2 of my farms and rest would be the 1hr mana bananas
    Though that was a little slow in building my food reserves, as I need a lot to raise the Prize Pony and the Quetzalcoatl
    But this way I was able to save coins
    Also overnight I would grow the 8 hr mystic mangos.
    And the best part is that after working for days collecting coins... It takes all of 10seconds for the habitat to be ready
    That was a pleasant surprise
    Another thing I did was to raise my LVL 1 animals to at least lvl 3 , even the duplicate ones I want to sell later
    This helps in a small way as you earning / hr goes up . And takes negligible amount of food.
    Also put my high earners in habitats that have higher maximum capacity of coins
    Like I shifted my lady pug from the fire habitat to dark one. So that overnight it could give me more coins
    And yes the swan habitat and my lone gem habitat have gone a long way to help me achieve this target.

Wish you all the best. You will get there soon. !!!
    Last edited by 31aug2002; 09-30-15 at 10:10 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Yay!!!

Big congrats!! It's such a relief to finally get there!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Big congrats!! It's such a relief to finally get there!
    Thank you!!
    It was one of the to dos in my list
    Now next is solar bear. But I know that will take a long loooong time and lots of runes... So a breeding we shall go !!

Fashion Designer
    Ever since the new expansions came into force I had been experiencing issues of game crashing, freezing etc. I then installed the latest update to my I pad 2 . The issue a still remained. So yesterday I updated all the apps that had an update . Now at least my game is crashing less.
    Well coming to the point.
    As a result of the above problem I was not being able to visit my neighbours, ( I have around 200) . I try visiting every 2 days now , but for past few days I was able to visit only few and then my game would either cras or freeze. But since yesterday I have been able to visit many of my neighbours.
    Sooo
    When I visited one of my neighbours yesterday I noticed that she/he had expanded to the solar bear habitat. Congratulations on your getting there.
    I would like to know if the cost of the solar bear plot is like that of the Hareon or Treent and does the solar bear have any special elements. I could not see the solar bear so probably it was in the evolution flower.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast