Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Add the option to make goal content unlockable with gems.

Add the option to make goal content unlockable with gems.

Ok, here goes. Bear with me please.

As most of us know, goals you didn't complete will have their content locked for good, and newer players, such as myself, can't purchase the items. We can fix that.

In addition to being able to unlock goal items the same way we can now,(Monthly goals) S8 could implement the option to make goal content unlockable with gems. Here's how it could work:

Appliances cost 25 gems to unlock, and all of its recipes are automatically unlocked with it.

Recipes from already available appliances(Such as the Holiday Ham and Fruitcake in the Basic Oven) would cost 5 gems per recipe to unlock.

Tables, chairs, decorations, etc, would also cost 5 gems to unlock.

S8 could adjust these prices as they what.

Well, that's it. What do you think? Is it a good idea, or is it an awful one?

Thanks for reading. -thecoolgu2
    Last edited by thecoolgu2; 09-18-15 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I lowered the price.

Executive Chef
    YES!!!! We need this feature and also a daily log in feature too!

Fashion Designer
    Sooo if someone is unable to buy gems because of finances,
    then they couldn't get the option to get previous content?

Right now they give Android users options for getting outdated things,
    but IOS users do not have this.

There certainly are things in past I'd like to be able to get.
    Eh, C'est La Vie!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEna View Post
    Sooo if someone is unable to buy gems because of finances,
    then they couldn't get the option to get previous content?

Right now they give Android users options for getting outdated things,
    but IOS users do not have this.

There certainly are things in past I'd like to be able to get.
    Eh, C'est La Vie!
    Prehaps if they were really eager, they could save up money just to buy premium currency on a video game.

Also, How is Android able to get past content? Just wondering.
    Last edited by thecoolgu2; 09-18-15 at 01:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    80 gems or more to do an old goal? No way would I ever pay that much for any goal,old or new, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    80 gems or more to do an old goal? No way would I ever pay that much for any goal,old or new, ever.
    S8 would probably have it like that, and I was typing this from their point of view.

Executive Chef
    I think it will be better if it was for 25 gems and the whole appliance, recipes and the goal will pop up and you'll have 28 days to complete.
    80 gems is steep for an old goal

And I hope they add a daily log in bonus too! Eg day 1 you'll get coins etc and day 5 say you'll get 50 gems

I lowered the prices to unlock the items.

Executive Chef
    well, it's all theoretical anyway, so pricing is up to you. for the feature of unlocking old recipes on the main appliances, i'd pay 5 gems in a heartbeat, just so that they'd stop taunting me with their inaccessibility. probably not as much as 10 though. for an appliance i didn't have...well 15 gems equals the 5 gems i was willing to pay for individual recipes (with a net cost of 9 gems after mastery), but no, i don't think i'd go over that. i'm not missing any of my most beloved appliances though (well, i would like the cruise ship stove), so it's not a huge temptation.

i would most like them to just have a one-time unlock fee and then you can buy as many stoves as you want for coins thereafter. i'd be much more willing to pay 25 gems for that than 25 gems per stove, cause then you can only get a couple, and with RS yields being what they usually are, you wouldn't even get to keep any of the food out for long.

or just make it $2 to unlock old stoves, since what they want is our money, not our gems (except insofar as spending gems leads to spending money).

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolgu2 View Post
    Also, How is Android able to get past content? Just wondering.
    they basically removed android's back door to downloading old decor. it used to be that downloading holiday versions of the game from 2012 (via a non-supported 3rd party platform) meant you had stuff that was long since removed from the regular game, but S8 permanently removed i think all of that content last year--i haven't checked every item, but i think it was all taken away.

so android and iOS are back to parity on that issue, although you can still open the old versions if you want your bots to show up to your restaurant/bakery in costume for halloween (which i always do).

Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    And I hope they add a daily log in bonus too! Eg day 1 you'll get coins etc and day 5 say you'll get 50 gems
    ha! wouldn't that be nice? i'd settle for being able to tell when my neighbors last logged in to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEna View Post
    Sooo if someone is unable to buy gems because of finances, then they couldn't get the option to get previous content?
    what is so wrong with people who can pay getting stuff that people who can't pay don't get?
    Last edited by twospoons; 09-21-15 at 04:34 PM.

UP
    Also me ! I wish to unblock the locked recipes let blocked maybe with loss of time or other stuffs.
    Please think something to unlock theese recipes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast