Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update 16 September 2015

Fashion Designer
    Yikes! That's a lot of blinding red/orange hues!!! I won't be decorating heavily with this theme, good grief! I really don't like this theme, won't be using a lot from this goal.
    Last edited by pipipooh1977; 09-15-15 at 02:43 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Just googled the harvest moon festival. This is in fact a fall update, just not the way most people were expecting. I like it but the floor tiles are too much with everything else.

Rhino Keeper
    I know a little about the Harvest Moon Festival, and I like the cultural diversity we are getting, but it seems a little odd. We just had the Dim Sum update which gave us Chinese decor AND a coin oven. Many cultures have harvest/fall celebrations, but we're getting two China updates almost in a row?

For instance: The Bavarian oven, for gems, was out this summer, but Oktoberfest is well known... And as others have pointed out, the timing is such we may not get a Halloween quest and newer players such as myself are so short on that decor!

I guess my thoughts are this is an "American" based game- so American traditions should trump the quests. So this should be an apples and leaves type harvest. Since I also love the international decorations (have almost all the Japan stuff!) fill in those months without an obvious quest theme with something from a new country. Like August- I'd rather be learning about a new country than an art fair! YMMV of course.

Executive Chef
    Maybe, but I doubt we'll ever get a Rosh Hashanah sweets/pastries update or even full Samhain (too sensitive for some).

As for HW a nice Dia de los Muertos update which doesn't have to be dark, I actually liked the colorful Book Of Life movie a la Tim Burton which I initially thought was his (what a surprise it wasn't). There is so much food that could work for either B or R, but again might be to sensitive for some.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygs View Post
    I know a little about the Harvest Moon Festival, and I like the cultural diversity we are getting, but it seems a little odd. We just had the Dim Sum update which gave us Chinese decor AND a coin oven. Many cultures have harvest/fall celebrations, but we're getting two China updates almost in a row?

For instance: The Bavarian oven, for gems, was out this summer, but Oktoberfest is well known... And as others have pointed out, the timing is such we may not get a Halloween quest and newer players such as myself are so short on that decor!

I guess my thoughts are this is an "American" based game- so American traditions should trump the quests. So this should be an apples and leaves type harvest. Since I also love the international decorations (have almost all the Japan stuff!) fill in those months without an obvious quest theme with something from a new country. Like August- I'd rather be learning about a new country than an art fair! YMMV of course.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Yes!! It is almost the same!! A little bit disappointed ..

Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    That big reward looks like the fall baker we had last year - only it has decorations on it

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepygs View Post

This is an American company, but the vast majority of people working there are of Asian descent. I can understand why they would enjoy representing their culture in many different ways. Sure, diversity would be awesome. I would love to see more things too. But they arent going to go out of their way to make every demographic happy. Though I wish they would! There are SO many more desserts they can tap into or vibrant colors they can tap into. Nor will they go view world calendars to try to hit every milestone from every country. It would be far too hard to do. I know fashion has given of some Jewish items. I was surprised when they did the grand mosque here. It was a slight but still appreciated gesture for Muslims.

I like the items, I dont know what they represent other than knowing the name. But the colors tie into my fall theme and I enjoy them.
    Last edited by orleansparish; 09-15-15 at 03:34 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by irlanda_c View Post
    Yes!! It is almost the same!! A little bit disappointed ..
    Yeah, those shapes are getting a little old. Id like to see more dimensional displays.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I'm sure there will be fall stuff next week,in a box, since we seem to get 2 or 3 box updates a month now
    Exactly what I was thinking. Goals and boxes seem to be the only updates anymore. So next week wil probably be an autumn crate, because so many people have requested autumn, or something like a Peter Pan regular update.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I'm sure there will be fall stuff next week,in a box, since we seem to get 2 or 3 box updates a month now

If they only thing we get for autumn or halloween is a box, I swear ill be so ticked off. I saw the gem prices went up too. Right now I have just under $9 from answering questions on google play. This and whatever else I get may be the only money I spent for bf.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraleighashby View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Goals and boxes seem to be the only updates anymore. So next week wil probably be an autumn crate, because so many people have requested autumn, or something like a Peter Pan regular update.
    Lol @Peter pan update

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast