Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stability issue: FFS freezes and then crashes when switching apps

Executive Chef

Stability issue: FFS freezes and then crashes when switching apps

Hi,

Well... So much for me not experiencing many crashes....
    Since around the time of today's update I'm having constant crashes in an odd way. I normally have FFS open all of the time and I can freely switch between apps, which is a thing I do a LOT for going to the forum, to my mail, to different games, etc.
    Up until tonight I could always do this and when I returned to FFS everything was working as normal.
    Well not so now, everything is fine as long a I stay in FFS but when I switch to a different app, do a few things there and then return to FFS the screen shows the last screen that I saw before switching away but it's completely "frozen" (ie nothing moves and nothing can be clicked). It stays a second or two like that and then the game crashes and exits and I find myself in the iPhone "home" screen with icons. When I then click on FFS again, the game restarts.
    I tried clearing programs from memory and I a full power off but it doesn't help. The situation is very easy to reproduce and happens very often now, which is really annoying as it prevents me from playing the game the way I normally do.
    Has anyone else also experienced this behaviour?

edit (KP) 9-17-15

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The issue in which players crash when resuming the game from multi-task has been resolved.

Edit(KP) Update 9-16-15
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I am crashing back to my home screen on my iphone 6 plus.

They are currently working on this issue of crashing when switching games within the games.

++moved thread to Bug Forum++
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-17-15 at 09:09 AM.

Executive Chef
    Yes, I have the exact same thing happening now after the update. I'm also on iPhone 6.

Executive Chef
    Hi Olafo,
    Mine has not let me switch apps for some time now. It wants to reload every time you minimize it. Because it has so much to load, my device (iPad) can't handle the quick reload it does for just switching apps. I have to force close, uninstall, and reinstall every time I play. That is, if it doesn't crash while I'm playing! I only use this iPad for S8 games and forum, and I've deleted 4 or more S8 games and data, but it didn't change the crashing. It's been like this since update before the beach, for me.(and a few others). Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Farm Supplier
    I also have this problem. I now have to swipe up to close it out and then go back in. It wasn't like that before today's update.

Rhino Keeper
    I actually experienced just about this exact same thing several times earlier this afternoon. I thought it was just because I was constantly checking to see if the update was up while it was trying to download the update or the like. As you did, I cleared out programs I didn't need running and did a restart. It seems to be working fine now since the restart, but if I notice the problem starting again, I will definately post it here!

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm using an ipad, as opposed to a phone.

Hope this clears up for you soon! I agree that it is very annoying not to be able to freely switch games.

Edit: Nope, it just did it again, oh well. :/
    Last edited by RowanaFarrin; 09-11-15 at 01:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    I am also having the same issue on an iPad Air. I wasn't having any problems on my iPad Air until the update.

Fashion Designer
    Also having freeze and quit or reload issue. iPad.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, this is a problem for me too. Does this mean that S8 has exceeded the graphic capability of this game and is taking care of those of us who have reached the limits of the game by dumping three quests at once on us, causing major crashes for even more people? Are we to blame for this widespread crashing now? Seems like an overload for those who are struggling to get the service dogs to throw both a tournament and another storybook at us when the other storybook is barely done with. What about those who haven't been playing for at least a year? Are they going to have a chance at any of these?

Seems releasing a solution for previous crashing and one for those whose forests are full would have been a more friendly move. All this appears to have done is crashed even more of our forests. I am not going to ask S8 for an answer here, because they don't seem to answer. I am going to send yet another email to support. Not that it does any better, but there is no discussion about it by those whose forests aren't affected yet. I just hope the crashing is not as widespread as I fear it is.

Crashes: iPad Retina since the update and iPad Mini since several days before the update.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 09-11-15 at 01:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    OK, so I'm not alone in this...
    As paradoxical as it may sound, that's actually good news, as it means that TL is likely to hear this from MANY users which hopefully will result in a solution soon. I, for one, have just sent an email to support to inform them about it. It is my experience that it does wonders if each of you who experiences the same issues also reports it. That way TL can also see what the affected platforms are, and they can then also ask us for specific relevant details if they need that.

I have the exact same thing happening now after the update. I'm also on iPhone 6.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast