Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stability issue: FFS freezes and then crashes when switching apps

Rhino Keeper
    I lost my first tournament. Been playing since day one and have won every tournament until now. I could not even get into the game today. Constant crashing. I give up, i love the game but i can't play anymore. These constant crashes are just too much

Rhino Keeper
    I know that I repeat myself, BUT it is a SHAME that AGAIN there is NO reaction of TL at all. In this frustrating situation I personally should have liked a reaction from official side. Now the first Long-term-Players are leaving the game and this must not happen at all if TL would give a greater trancparency and at least any reaction would be better than none.

@Ogreve: Glad to have you and your great knowledge here. Thank you for sharing it with us!
    I apologize for my bad english, but I hope all of you have a clue what I am on about and you can keep every mistake as a gift.

Game freezing when Switching between Apps

My game has also started crashing today when I switch back to it from another app. It seems to be fine if I close it and go to it as a fresh open ever time, but it freezes and crashes if I switch to it from another app while it's running in the background. This just started today and there do not appear to have been any updates to it in the past 24 hours.

I am using it on iOS 8.4.

The Honorable Panda
    I am crashing back to my home screen on my iphone 6 plus.

They are currently working on this issue of crashing when switching games within the games.

++moved thread to Bug Forum++
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-16-15 at 02:51 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

I play on an iPhone 4s, and was having trouble with them game freezing and crashing when it first loaded. I updated the iOS and app, but was still getting crash after crash. When I was finally able to get in, I rearranged my layout so the that farms were all around my nest, and nothing with wings was visible when the game loaded. It still crashes occassionally, but is much more stable. You want to minimize the graphics and animations that the game loads when you first log in, especially flying creatures.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The issue in which players crash when resuming the game from multi-task has been resolved.

This issue hasn't been resolved. I don't know for other players, but for me it's still the same issue.

The issue hasn't been resolved for me either. This morning i restarted 20 times at least and had to restart ipad for me to even get in the game. It still crashes at least once evrytime i go in, which is once an hour to plant/harvest. So i never plant just 6 times. Its 8-9 times or more.

The Honorable Panda
    The issue on this thread was the game crashing when using the icon in your games to go to a different game then when you jumped back to Fantasy, your game would crash.
    That is the issue that has been fixed.

Original post and topic of the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Hi,

Well... So much for me not experiencing many crashes....
    Since around the time of today's update I'm having constant crashes in an odd way. I normally have FFS open all of the time and I can freely switch between apps, which is a thing I do a LOT for going to the forum, to my mail, to different games, etc.
    Up until tonight I could always do this and when I returned to FFS everything was working as normal.
    Well not so now, everything is fine as long a I stay in FFS but when I switch to a different app, do a few things there and then return to FFS the screen shows the last screen that I saw before switching away but it's completely "frozen" (ie nothing moves and nothing can be clicked). It stays a second or two like that and then the game crashes and exits and I find myself in the iPhone "home" screen with icons. When I then click on FFS again, the game restarts.
    I tried clearing programs from memory and I a full power off but it doesn't help. The situation is very easy to reproduce and happens very often now, which is really annoying as it prevents me from playing the game the way I normally do.
    Has anyone else also experienced this behaviour?

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Yes, and that issue isn't solved for me. Im having crashes every time I go somewhere else and getting back to game ( the game crash).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast