Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Storybook Adventure: League of Extraordinary Animals

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by anne202b View Post
    Well, guess I'll never finish. My only armordillo is already at level 13...no way to feed him 30 times. Oh well, gave it a good shot. Good luck to those who are almost there.
    I'm sorry you couldn't complete it Well done on getting this far though
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Fashion Designer
    Didn't believe I would make it because my forest was full and my iPad was crashing. Last Tuesday's update changed that with no time to spare, and had to buy two habitats, but done with hours to spare!

Congratulations to those who finished this!

Really hope S8 gives us a breather so we can catch up with the remaining quests. Too much of a good thing is still too much. Please, no more storybooks for a while? Thanks.

Fashion Designer
    I got my Wondercat with 8 hours to spare. I must say that this Storybook Adventure was way less stressful than the last one, and I was able to complete each task with relative ease. Now, on to the job of replenishing food!
    Congrats to all who completed this Storybook, and to those who weren't able to finish, I wish you the best of luck for the next time. And a special thanks to Lone Pudding who posted the op and updated it, and to all those who contributed. On to the next!

Help! Is there an Armordillo breed that yields a quick animal for Chapter 9 step 4? I'm caught in a gem trap if I want to finish because on Chapter 7 I got a 14 hr fail, a 19 hr fail and another 19 hr fail, then finally the 12 hr Armordillo. So I guess it's less cost to speed up the breeding than to speed up the food harvesting steps. So a short time breed would help on chapter 9, because the very next step is another breeder task.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatluv11 View Post
    Help! Is there an Armordillo breed that yields a quick animal for Chapter 9 step 4? I'm caught in a gem trap if I want to finish because on Chapter 7 I got a 14 hr fail, a 19 hr fail and another 19 hr fail, then finally the 12 hr Armordillo. So I guess it's less cost to speed up the breeding than to speed up the food harvesting steps. So a short time breed would help on chapter 9, because the very next step is another breeder task.
    Your best bet is to use a Nature element and hope for Nature/Fire animal. Fairy Ferret would be best, 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    Your best bet is to use a Nature element and hope for Nature/Fire animal. Fairy Ferret would be best, 3 hours.
    Thanks so much ninasidstorm8! I will try that.

Executive Chef
    For those who are playing around a bit with ideas for which animals to combine with the Wondercat, I have added two screenshots of what my Secret Sanctuary currently looks like. The Wondercat is currently at level 9 (waiting for the flower to clear in some 13 hours from the Lambi's first evolution). The other three animals (i.e. Patriotter, Blizard and Super Heron) are already at full epic level. These screenshots show really well just how tiny the Wondercat is in comparison to e.g. the Patriotter.
    I really wonder what size the Wondercat will have at adult/epic levels. I haven't seen an adult Wondercat in an actual forest yet.

As for my current raising strategy: there are a few animals that have varyings costs to level up some more. The cheapest one is the Flyerfox which (according to the Wikia) only has the costs of a normal Rare animal. Then we find the Lambi (which I want to bring at least to adult level, but which is really pretty at epic level), and the Turtle Dove, which both have the normal Super Rare costs. The both of these for the time being will have to do with being raised to level 10, I think.
    Then my two new ultra rares.... the Quetzalcoatl and the Wondercat both take the normal feeding amounts of an Ultra Rare and both are at the stage where they are at level 9 and have been fed enough to be brought to level 10. The former takes precedence, but the latter is quicker to evolve and as the former is going to be tied up in back-to-back breedings until Friday at least, and possibly after that for some more days too, I'll probably first focus on the Wondercat (that is: it shall probably be intertwined with bringing the above mentioned animals to level 10). Food-wise the two ultra rares will still need 220K food of which I currently already have 199K and I'm doing back-to-back Charm Cherries growing during the day and Nexus Nuts overnight, so that should all work out well. The feedings of the other animals will be dramatically lower, so I see no issue in back-to-back raising of these animals (that is, the Flyerfox possibly to epic level, and the Turtle Dove and Lambi to level 10).

O.k., down below are the screenshots. I was not so sure if I'd ever evolve the Wondercat beyond the baby stage, but at least as a juvenile she still looks pretty o.k. in the forest too (I'm still not too happy about the "humanoid" features, but at least she's small and the colours are nicely matched to those of its fellow inhabitants of the Secret Sanctuary)...

Name:  IMG_5758.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5759.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  101.3 KB
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-23-15 at 02:01 AM.

Executive Chef
    Well, the moment just arrived where my Lambi finished its second evolution. Doing a further evolution on it would see the evolution end in the middle of the night. Doing a Turtle Dove evolution would add 3 hours to that, but would still be very early in the morning. So.... After trying to find an adult Wondercat anywhere (to no avail) I decided to take a leap of faith and send mine into the flower. I hope I don't come to regret it....
    So: in case anyone wants to see an adult Wondercat, in some 25 hours there will be one in my forest. Please give me advance notice then, as I am currently over 220K food, so as soon as it's out of the flower I *can* directly feed it up to the point where I can send her right back into the flower for the epic evolution. Unless someone indicates wanting to take a look at it in adult form, I shall probably do precisely that. By doing so, this ultra rare will be at epic level before I want to level up the Quetzalcoatl further (which I'll probably do after the Harvest Hedgehog and the Service dogs have expired or have been obtained).
    Whatever TL will release the coming 7 days or so, I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't include further limited breeding, as I do want to bring the Quetzalcoatl to epic level too, but at the same time I want to use it for breeding. Of course I can speed the evolutions, but that's very expensive, so I'd rather not do that...

Executive Chef
    O.k., for those of you who would like to see a "preview" of an epic Wild Wondercat, along with a.o. an epic Patriotter (for size comparison), you can go visit my forest.
    For those of you who can't (or don't want to) do that, I have attached some screenshots that show her well. With those you can have some idea of what she looks like when standing stell and when walking, and you can compare it to the other animals that share the habitat with her.
    I don't mind her looks so much anymore and I'm glad I leveled her up to epic level, as she'll be a good addition to the fighter force...:P

As a little trivia thingy, IIRC this is the only multi animal habitat that I have that's exclusively inhabited by epic animals (4 at that), and three of them are super rares and one even ultra rare. Definitely one of my prime habitats!

Name:  IMG_6048.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6049.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6050.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  99.1 KB
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-26-15 at 02:02 PM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233