Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TOURNAMENT: River Runner - 2015 Sep 11

Executive Chef
    I gave up. I had 12 losses today. I figured out that if I dont close the app (just let the screen go dark on its own) that it will open up right where I left off in the game. That saved me some extra delete/reinstalls which is good cuz I got a nasty-gram from Verizon about using most of my data limit.

Anyways, got stuck for most of the day on Jade Kirin. I'm pretty bummed since this is the first tournament animal I have missed and it's a real lizard, which I have wanted. Oh well.

Congrats to those who made it through and good luck to those still trying in these last hours.
    Last edited by tuffyjkitten; 09-13-15 at 08:41 PM.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    Yes I had to ultimate the Jade Kirin too.
    Rest was not so bad

Farm Supplier
    Well, I finally beat hippogryph with glacial griffin (earth). Too little too late
    Last edited by reeisme; 09-13-15 at 10:50 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammy48 View Post
    Not sure im going to make it. Two rounds left. Did well at the beginning but I've been stuck repeatedly in the last few rounds. Very frustrating as this has happened in the last few flash tournaments for me. It appears that my cactus kitsune may need to be retired for a while. She's been a great fighter but not as of late. I also am not speeding as I spent the majority of my gems on the swan storybook. I leave it up to fate, I guess.
    Yes! Same. I spent so many gems on the storybook (not all wisely) so since have pulled wayyy back on speeding anything.

Rhino Keeper
    I was not able to finish this tournament again. I stuck at the Hydro Yak for a long time and in the end I had only one hour left for 7 rounds.

Congrats to every one who did it and a warmly "Cheer up" to all of us who failed. This is not the end of our forest and there will be other tournaments with prettier animals.
    I apologize for my bad english, but I hope all of you have a clue what I am on about and you can keep every mistake as a gift.

Executive Chef
    Hmm, I thought I came dangerously close, but it sounds like my 17 losses vs. 18 wins (with a total gem cost of 4 gems for double-battling twice) was actually not so bad at all.... What I really liked this time round is that I again mostly used fighters from my original set of "core fighters" and that they did really well (with exception of the Ancient Sloth that did poorly this time round), especially the Gold Lion stepped up again: I used it in 5 rounds (including against the ultra rare Emerald Dragon and the Egypt Sobek) and it won ALL of these rounds on its first attempt.

Just for the heck of it I'm tempted to do something for fun: pick the Gold Lion for EACH of the rounds of the next 30-day tournament. As I normally finish the 30 day tournaments with a few days to spare, I may actually do this once and see what the total outcome will be. Should it go really badly around halfway into the tournament I can then still decide to not let the Gold Lion battle ALL rounds. :P
    Sounds like a fun thing to try. If the next 30 day tournament doesn't feature a top priority prize animal, I'll probably give that a go, just for seeing how well it goes (knowing that some battles will then be woefully to the Gold Lion's disadvantage due to particular elemental combinations).

Rhino Keeper
    I ended up winning. Down to the very last hour. I stayed up way past my bedtime. I didn't keep track of my losses this time. But I'm sure it's high.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Hmm, I thought I came dangerously close, but it sounds like my 17 losses vs. 18 wins (with a total gem cost of 4 gems for double-battling twice) was actually not so bad at all.... What I really liked this time round is that I again mostly used fighters from my original set of "core fighters" and that they did really well (with exception of the Ancient Sloth that did poorly this time round), especially the Gold Lion stepped up again: I used it in 5 rounds (including against the ultra rare Emerald Dragon and the Egypt Sobek) and it won ALL of these rounds on its first attempt.

Just for the heck of it I'm tempted to do something for fun: pick the Gold Lion for EACH of the rounds of the next 30-day tournament. As I normally finish the 30 day tournaments with a few days to spare, I may actually do this once and see what the total outcome will be. Should it go really badly around halfway into the tournament I can then still decide to not let the Gold Lion battle ALL rounds. :P
    Sounds like a fun thing to try. If the next 30 day tournament doesn't feature a top priority prize animal, I'll probably give that a go, just for seeing how well it goes (knowing that some battles will then be woefully to the Gold Lion's disadvantage due to particular elemental combinations).
    I assume you mean 30 round not 30 day tournament. I did a similar thing in the Blizard battleground. The xMas element had recently been introduced and there really wasn't anything else to test at the time. I used my Level 15 Santa Claws as the First Attack in each round. I finished the 80 rounds with only 46 losses including the multiple losses it took to beat BOSS opponents. It turned out that at that time, xMas had no weakness, so Santa Claws wasn't a bad choice when I didn't know the opponent beforehand.

I would think that it would be difficult to tell the difference in your results for the first 19 or so rounds. But about round 20 or so when we start facing Super Rares/Ultra Rares and level 15 and above animals, you will start to see your typical win percentage drop. But, anything can happen in one tournament,

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I assume you mean 30 round not 30 day tournament. I did a similar thing in the Blizard battleground. The xMas element had recently been introduced and there really wasn't anything else to test at the time. I used my Level 15 Santa Claws as the First Attack in each round. I finished the 80 rounds with only 46 losses including the multiple losses it took to beat BOSS opponents. It turned out that at that time, xMas had no weakness, so Santa Claws wasn't a bad choice when I didn't know the opponent beforehand.

I would think that it would be difficult to tell the difference in your results for the first 19 or so rounds. But about round 20 or so when we start facing Super Rares/Ultra Rares and level 15 and above animals, you will start to see your typical win percentage drop. But, anything can happen in one tournament,
    Hi,

Yes, indeed I did mean 30 rounds instead of days; thanks for the correction. Having a 30 day tournament would sound like a good challenge though, resulting in something gem ultra rare as the tournament prize animal! I'd love to be able to win a Unicorn that way: so much more fun and better doable than having 10,000,000 4-element breeding fails. :P

Either way, I wondered if someone had already tried something like using ONLY one single opponent for ALL rounds of a tournament, just for the heck of it.
    I agree that I too expect this to go pretty well until the ultra rares (other than Jade Kirin and the Emerald Dragon) pop their heads up, because neither fire nor electric will be strong to them then. The worst opponents would then be the Obsidian Cyclops, the Sapphire Cthulhu and the Pearl Peryton, as those would have strong elemental matches against those of the Gold Lion.

For a flash tournament there's no way I'd want to risk that, as those are tough enough to complete as they are and living in Europe doesn't exactly alleviate that situation. But.... I do normally tend to win the 30 round tournaments with some 2-3 days to spare, so it's much less of a risk to have some fun with one of those tournaments by doing this and seeing if it can then still be won or not. As some kind of "opt out" option I could then always during the course of the tournament decide whether to stick by that all the way until the end (win or lose) or to simply call it a day at some point and fall back to the normal strategy to secure the tournament prize animal.
    If it works and a tournament can be won by using this one animal alone, maybe someday another funny thing to do would be to pick the precise opposite animals as what the fighter selectors show. It would be too much to only use commons with "weak" elemental matches against the various opponents, but it should be interesting to see what the super rares of weak elemental matches would achieve then.

I think I'll try the "Gold Lion only" approach on the next 30 round tournament, or at least for the start of it, just to see how well that goes.
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-14-15 at 07:58 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Hi,

Yes, indeed I did mean 30 rounds instead of days; thanks for the correction. Having a 30 day tournament would sound like a good challenge though, resulting in something gem ultra rare as the tournament prize animal! I'd love to be able to win a Unicorn that way: so much more fun and better doable than having 10,000,000 4-element breeding fails. :P

Either way, I wondered if someone had already tried something like using ONLY one single opponent for ALL rounds of a tournament, just for the heck of it.
    I agree that I too expect this to go pretty well until the ultra rares (other than Jade Kirin and the Emerald Dragon) pop their heads up, because neither fire nor electric will be strong to them then. The worst opponents would then be the Obsidian Cyclops, the Sapphire Cthulhu and the Pearl Peryton, as those would have strong elemental matches against those of the Gold Lion.

For a flash tournament there's no way I'd want to risk that, as those are tough enough to complete as they are and living in Europe doesn't exactly alleviate that situation. But.... I do normally tend to win the 30 round tournaments with some 2-3 days to spare, so it's much less of a risk to have some fun with one of those tournaments by doing this and seeing if it can then still be won or not. As some kind of "opt out" option I could then always during the course of the tournament decide whether to stick by that all the way until the end (win or lose) or to simply call it a day at some point and fall back to the normal strategy to secure the tournament prize animal.
    If it works and a tournament can be won by using this one animal alone, maybe someday another funny thing to do would be to pick the precise opposite animals as what the fighter selectors show. It would be too much to only use commons with "weak" elemental matches against the various opponents, but it should be interesting to see what the super rares of weak elemental matches would achieve then.

I think I'll try the "Gold Lion only" approach on the next 30 round tournament, or at least for the start of it, just to see how well that goes.
    I hope it works out for you. For the first few tournaments my Thunder Mammoth was my favorite fighter. It is only a rare that I raised to Level 14 and it would constantly surprise me with how well it did. I retired the Thunder Mammoth from the battle field after winning a Thorilla in a tournament.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast