Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Host(ess)
    I think I figured out how to reach the end and get Sir Hamlet.
    Ornate beams: I will be able to make the last few I need, as I got enough livingwood from the living tree and the sawmills
    Magic fruit: I'll get the last few from the tree and garden, 2 a day with still a few days to go
    Nuggets: Trying to get 150 gems without paying for them, but as I have 4 nuggets right now, I can do the trade and get 5 more gems, this is cheaper then buyin nuggets. The other gems needed, I hope to get from playing other games or from watching the silly vids. At the end of this quest I'll be drained, so let's hope it takes a while before the next event starts 😁 so I can stock up again

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by stargaze91 View Post
    I remember them to be 80 gem per nugget ,but not sure ..I think it is better to skip the nugget part unless you are just one nugget short
    Thank you. (Thx Flower also). I got 7 now so you are right. May need to skip. I have barely enough to skip them.

Quote Originally Posted by A7B92 View Post
    I had the same problem. I closed the app on my IPad. When I opened the app again, all my strawberries were counted.
    This is in regard to the Chapter 3 not showing strawberry count post.
    I found the same issue when asking the neighbors to help out in chapter 5. None of the neighbors' responses were showing on the counter unless I force closed the fame and restarted. It seems that they did all count, just not showing automatically.

Rhino Keeper
    Is this the first event where there was no partial credit for items and where the gem count did not decrease as you fed in items? Perhaps CS is not performing as well as it should be in the S8 books and unless it generates more income it'll go the way of the remaining discontinued stories.

Either that or it was shoddily coded, which I doubt since every other action in this game that can be sped up by gems allows for partial completion with a corresponding decrease in the gem count.

Since it's doubtful to be careless coding it is equally as doubtful that it was unintentional that one could not speed up between tasks without speeding up the remaining tasks as well. So it appears in addition to the usual gem traps we'll be seeing them try to skim more money from the people paying for gems as it's now all or nothing for tasks and speeding up doesn't really mean speeding up unless you speed up everything.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yes that's how it's suppose to work according to what I've seen so far and in the other story events I've played... you won't have the time gap. The next chapter will start either immediately or with only a short delay depending on if you have any of the '2 days' left.
    thanks, just confirming that's how it works
    went straight after chapter two to chapter three without waiting time.
    Fan of the No Cash for Thieves Club, never again paying for gems until a Gem Confirmation Button is included. still waiting till Wali is allowed to return to his Love♥️

Just got 3 magic fruit from one greenhouse collection!!! A couple more duplicates and I may be okay! Started event with 3 and now I have 20 and this is with just garden, no tree so based on days so far and days left I will be cutting it close but the exchange may help if a few short. When first starting I thought I had no chance and now each day I am more and more hopeful. I have been collecting round the clock every 4 hours and spending all resources for these supplies so really hope I make it after this work.

I can't remember the player who originally suggested the greenhouse but a huge shout out and thank you to them! I am set on everything else so just need to get this and I might make the event.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

New Resident
    I found that living wood just stopped dropping from cutting the regular trees. I'm trying to get living wood to craft more ornate beams. I have recently cut 3 pines, 3 yellow acer trees, 4 oaks, willow, red acer, white birch and many sap trees (may be 10 of those, may be more). And not a single living wood. Judging by the previous drop rates, this seems to be not random.
    Is it a bug? Should I report it?

If it is important, I'm on the latest version and on iPad mini.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaustere View Post
    I found that living wood just stopped dropping from cutting the regular trees. I'm trying to get living wood to craft more ornate beams. I have recently cut 3 pines, 3 yellow acer trees, 4 oaks, willow, red acer, white birch and many sap trees (may be 10 of those, may be more). And not a single living wood. Judging by the previous drop rates, this seems to be not random.
    Is it a bug? Should I report it?

If it is important, I'm on the latest version and on iPad mini.
    The drop rate for living wood from trees are about 1 lw in 10 chops, so it's a rare drop. It happens that you chop several trees and don't get any lw, unfortunately. Eventually, there should be lw drops, though, if you continue chopping, otherwise something is wrong...Hope you get better drops soon

Edit: I'm actually not sure that Sap trees drop lw...Anyone else know this?
    Last edited by AnniePMH; 09-15-15 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added question
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Farm Supplier
    Please increase the drop rate on living wood hardly drops at all!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnniePMH View Post
    More drops from little piggie: stone block, jewels

Reported drops so far: Truffle, bacon, sugar, water, orange, lemon, apple, sap, glimmerdust, enchanted beam, stone block, jewels, earth wisp...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    Wooden beam and pasta as drops, all other confirm, lol
    And now also longsword There's a lot of bacon, truffles and for some reason oranges (atm, for me, lol) but I still find his drops nicely varied.
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien