Page 53 of 126 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    Now once you say something like a block or beam or superglue, I'll think hamlet can do anything sir piggie can do, including 5 gems. Lol
    No such items yet, but I'll keep you posted
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Farm Supplier
    I don't know a link (probably in HUB somewhere) but I think the red crabapple tree has the shortest time of 3 minutes and I believe takes 5 times to grow up.
    Thank you! I tried the Hub....but couldnt find anything...probably operator error, LOL

Rhino Keeper
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the arena quest is untimed versus this one being timed. I would use the nuggets for this event, rebuild your inventory then do the arena. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to upgrading the arena other than the appearance.
    Thanks so much for your reply

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare325 View Post
    Does anyone know a link or post for tree growing times? Like, how many times/hours to raise a tree? I have searched, and I'm sure something is ther....I just cant seem to find it. I want to be prepapred with enough trees to chop when the time comes. Thanks in advance!
    Some new trees might be missing there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...skI/edit#gid=3

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply
    You're welcome the one thing I did think of is that at level 5 the arena will spawn a monster at every collection when there is such an event.... As I understand. Even then, no telling when that will be.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    Some new trees might be missing there:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...skI/edit#gid=3

Lmao.... I just sent a link to that document to Spiritwind a few minutes ago. One has to hit the nature tab after opening it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I am afraid that from what I see here, Sir Hammy is not going to be dropping significantly different drops than Sir Piggy does, and I don't recall Sir Piggy dropping any nuggets for me. Although there has been much hopeful speculation, it appears that this piggy's drops are similar to Sir Piggy's. That means the more common items will be bacon. However, Sir piggy has dropped rare items for me, including Ornate Blocks and Bars, and last week he gifted me with 100 energy, a rare drop indeed for my Mr. Piggy. I believe that I have also received very rare single gem drops from Piggy, but he is definitely not a good source of gems either. I wouldn't count on Sir Hammy as a source of gems or nuggets, sorry.

I agree with mreames on this. My arena is at level 5 and so far, I see no advantage in having leveled it except looks. This may change in the future, if we get an event where the arena is central to the story and it drops new items for an event, but you may have plenty of the rare items by then. Usually, if you wish to participate in a timed event, these are where you might want to spend your rare items, because the prize is only available for a short time.

This is one of the best pieces of advice I have seen when it comes to playing this game. It is absolutely true. If you play long enough, even the rarest items really do build up for you. Of course, then you have to decide if you are willing to then use these items from your inventory to further your game, or hoard them against the eventual possibility that you might need to use them. It may sound impossible, but this game can get boring if you hoard, because you will, like me, find that you are watching rare items show on black flags, while most of the items in your craft buildings are greyed out. So, you sit on full, or take your chances and trade some items like I did, risking the situation in which I find myself. There aren't guarantees, because after all, this is a game. Good luck and keep playing, and you will get those nuggets like I did.

I still have 77 nuggets after spending them for the last time I was asked for them, and I have done some gold trades as well, as I am trying to collect Trade Tickets for the next groups of expansions. I am full of both Ornate Beams and Blocks, so no problem there. However, since it seemed like forever since Magic Fruit was required, I had been spending down my 99 to nothing, again to collect energy and Trading Tickets from the Exchange. So, while I have, at times, been full of all of the items for this event, I couldn't forsee that Magic Fruit would be needed for this event, a miscalculation on my part which will cost me the little ham. Of course, I have 152 Trade Tickets, so I should have plenty for the next expansions. For me, the Trade Tickets give me more value in my game than my lack of Sir Hammy, who despite early hopes and speculation, doesn't seem to regularly drop gold in any form. Still, everyone's kingdom is different and everyone has slightly different goals even though the main goals are the same.
    Thank you 55lee55 for your detailed input. I really appreciate this response from you and others and I'm sure many more players will too. I'm only heading in to Chapter 2 tomorrow, got a late start. So I'll have time to contemplate my decision on those silly gold nuggets. I may still go for it. Even a response from someone stating this lil pig is not worth all of our nuggets and beams we have accumulated has merit. Decisions...decisions... And can't forget Annie who leads the way. Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    You're welcome the one thing I did think of is that at level 5 the arena will spawn a monster at every collection when there is such an event.... As I understand. Even then, no telling when that will be.
    Yes I do remember that it will help with monsters for the cooking camp. I only have 7 gold tokens(: so it will be a tough decision. Appreciate the reminder. It will be hard to say no to the cute little pig though. Lol. And I want the cooking camp and everything else.

Host(ess)
    In Chapter 4 at the beginning of this thread it says:
    Chapter 4
    1. Clear 6 trees [skip 60 gems]
    2. Clear 20 debris [skip 40 gems] (plant in a log, ferns, patch of grass and old logs. Be mindful if you are still on the glimmer rock fortune not to clear an old log for this goal.)
    When is the glimmer rock fortune? I don't remember if I was there already 😁

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ait_vedan View Post
    In Chapter 4 at the beginning of this thread it says:
    Chapter 4
    1. Clear 6 trees [skip 60 gems]
    2. Clear 20 debris [skip 40 gems] (plant in a log, ferns, patch of grass and old logs. Be mindful if you are still on the glimmer rock fortune not to clear an old log for this goal.)
    When is the glimmer rock fortune? I don't remember if I was there already ��
    The fortune would be in your goal book if you were up to this one. It's where you chop most of a log for glimmer fragments and shards, sell, repeat.

Added extra info in post 2 to help.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-14-15 at 12:05 AM.