Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Fashion Designer
    I'm level 50 got alicorn this past spring after 2 years of trying and last week got a second horn, have had 2 wings for months. Never thought I'd see 1 let alone 2 alicorns

I also have 3 dragon eggs that can't be hatched yet

I'm still needing glimmer fragments for that goal so still about a goal behind

However I'm always maxed on magic fruit, have over 60 gold nuggets, have at least 20 ornate beams, over 30 gold apples

And I do nothing special didn't even have second deep mine til may, didn't have faire greenhouses til April or May

I do have all special buildings although reindeer and 1 other never got completed

I will spend the nuggets to get the pig because I love the animals, and truffles can be hard to get

Just play the game and these things you think are rare, really aren't that rare

Host(ess)
    Okay, thank you for clearing it!

Rhino Keeper
    Any opinions out there about the value of upgrading the jousting arena vs using the gold nuggets for this quest? I have plenty (60) gold nuggets. But I'm a daily player forever; they are not easy to get (: And I don't particularly want to use all for both. It would leave me dry like it has many of you.

I was hoping this new little pig would be dropping some gold nuggets. Any news of that?

Executive Chef
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the arena quest is untimed versus this one being timed. I would use the nuggets for this event, rebuild your inventory then do the arena. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to upgrading the arena other than the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Any opinions out there about the value of upgrading the jousting arena vs using the gold nuggets for this quest? I have plenty (60) gold nuggets. But I'm a daily player forever; they are not easy to get (: And I don't particularly want to use all for both. It would leave me dry like it has many of you.

I was hoping this new little pig would be dropping some gold nuggets. Any news of that?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post

I am afraid that from what I see here, Sir Hammy is not going to be dropping significantly different drops than Sir Piggy does, and I don't recall Sir Piggy dropping any nuggets for me. Although there has been much hopeful speculation, it appears that this piggy's drops are similar to Sir Piggy's. That means the more common items will be bacon. However, Sir piggy has dropped rare items for me, including Ornate Blocks and Bars, and last week he gifted me with 100 energy, a rare drop indeed for my Mr. Piggy. I believe that I have also received very rare single gem drops from Piggy, but he is definitely not a good source of gems either. I wouldn't count on Sir Hammy as a source of gems or nuggets, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the arena quest is untimed versus this one being timed. I would use the nuggets for this event, rebuild your inventory then do the arena. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to upgrading the arena other than the appearance.
    I agree with mreames on this. My arena is at level 5 and so far, I see no advantage in having leveled it except looks. This may change in the future, if we get an event where the arena is central to the story and it drops new items for an event, but you may have plenty of the rare items by then. Usually, if you wish to participate in a timed event, these are where you might want to spend your rare items, because the prize is only available for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by transberry View Post
    This is one of the best pieces of advice I have seen when it comes to playing this game. It is absolutely true. If you play long enough, even the rarest items really do build up for you. Of course, then you have to decide if you are willing to then use these items from your inventory to further your game, or hoard them against the eventual possibility that you might need to use them. It may sound impossible, but this game can get boring if you hoard, because you will, like me, find that you are watching rare items show on black flags, while most of the items in your craft buildings are greyed out. So, you sit on full, or take your chances and trade some items like I did, risking the situation in which I find myself. There aren't guarantees, because after all, this is a game. Good luck and keep playing, and you will get those nuggets like I did.

I still have 77 nuggets after spending them for the last time I was asked for them, and I have done some gold trades as well, as I am trying to collect Trade Tickets for the next groups of expansions. I am full of both Ornate Beams and Blocks, so no problem there. However, since it seemed like forever since Magic Fruit was required, I had been spending down my 99 to nothing, again to collect energy and Trading Tickets from the Exchange. So, while I have, at times, been full of all of the items for this event, I couldn't forsee that Magic Fruit would be needed for this event, a miscalculation on my part which will cost me the little ham. Of course, I have 152 Trade Tickets, so I should have plenty for the next expansions. For me, the Trade Tickets give me more value in my game than my lack of Sir Hammy, who despite early hopes and speculation, doesn't seem to regularly drop gold in any form. Still, everyone's kingdom is different and everyone has slightly different goals even though the main goals are the same.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 09-13-15 at 05:25 PM.

I just started this event to today as I was very very busy the last few days. So I finished all the collecting for day 1 and then it said the next chapter would begin in 46 hours! This does not seem right to me. I restarted it and it is still the same so I guess at some point I will have to do two days of stuff in one. It is the same on my phone account. So is this normal?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmalademuffin View Post
    I just started this event to today as I was very very busy the last few days. So I finished all the collecting for day 1 and then it said the next chapter would begin in 46 hours! This does not seem right to me. I restarted it and it is still the same so I guess at some point I will have to do two days of stuff in one. It is the same on my phone account. So is this normal?

Yes, it's normal

Executive Chef
    Before I say this is normal, how much time do you have left for the whole event? If it is 11 days or thereabouts, then it is normal. If it is 8 days and 5 hours, then I feel it should have gone straight to the next chapter. At least that's how it works in other S8 games for these kind of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalademuffin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by transberry View Post

I agree with the main sentiment of this quote, I think I the main problem though is that while you will eventually accumulate items while playing, if you recently used them or don't have enough right now, for a timed event like this it does no good knowing eventually you will get them. Just my two cents. I too play similar to you but made the mistake of using too many magic fruit and although I'm working the green houses like crazy will still probably not make it. I hoard to play so have no problem giving my nuggets or something for a reward back but just may not have the option and making peace with not being able to finish a challenge despite my work playing 5+ times a day.

But this is also the first event of this sort and issues including android players and timing have been occurring so I am hoping this will be used to learn from and perhaps Sir Hamlet will be offered later on for gems as the horses were during the other event as I may pay gems for him just for the cute factor just an idea for S8!
    Last edited by janddolphins; 09-13-15 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Highlighted point I hope mods see and pass along :)
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Okay thanks both of you for answering so fast. I'll just wait it out then!

Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERKAITO View Post
    Yes, it's normal