Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 09/10/15 Update - Sir Hamlet & Pigglesworth Event (timed, optional)

Host(ess)
    Between the golden nuggets and the living wood this game is beginning to be a drag. Love playing this game but when goals become so much work and to some cases impossible unless you spend money every week. This game has seemed to change in the past year and not to the best.

Rhino Keeper
    I have a feeling that the timer is based on when you start the quest, not S8 time. I started a few minutes to 5PM today and chapter 2 unlocks at 5PM Saturday for me. If this pattern continues, then Chapter 6 will unlock in 11 days. I will not have any time to complete the last chapter or will have less than 24hours to complete. This worries me as I will need 3 days to get 50 requests from neighbors.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sandisin View Post
    It costs 100 gems to skip goal 3 of chapter 3, give 10 ornate beams. If you have 5 beams does it cost less gems to skip?
    I'm not at that point in the goals yet, but one thing I noticed was that when I was tending the animals, the option to skip said 40 the whole way through. I thought that odd. Same with the corn and flowers/trees, the gem skip amount stayed the same at 40.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi all, bear with me please. Just thinking out loud.

I started this at approx 8.30am Friday 11 sept 2015 Australian time. I finished chapter 1 at approx 1.30pm Aust time. My timer said I had 43 hours and 15 minutes left until chapter 2 open ended, or I could use 12 gems to move forward. Forget the gem side for the moment.

That means I cannot start chapter 2 until approx 8.30am on 13 sept 15. Then I need to visit 50 community buildings (not really hard if you find 10 communities with 5 buildings to pick), then collect from 80 of my own buildings - that will take some time, but can be done in a few hours. Then need to part with $500,000. No probs, have some funny money to burn.

If I understand correctly, chapter 3 should commence at the approx same time I started, albeit. With another 2 day wait, so chapter 3 should start for me at approx 8.30am on 15 sept 15.

40 strawberries, then 40 mushrooms/flowers/trees and then 10 ornate beams. No problems, just need to utilise energy efficiently.

If assumptions are correct, chapter 4 won't start until approx 8.30am 17 sep 15. Clear trees, debris and rocks. Once again, just energy efficiency.

Chapter 5, 8.30 am 19 sep 15. Nuggets, magic fruit and prime cuts. I knew there was a reason why I don't do gem trades- nuggets and fruit at the ready.

THEN

50 testimonials. This is where it gets to the nitty gritty. My CS day reset is at approx 5.00pm my time each day. Therefore I could get some responses back between 8.30am and 5.00pm. Then request a second lot after 5.00pm. Then I'll have to wait 24 hours until get the remainder.

TTEN, THEN, THEN - the really unknown comes into factor. What is Chapter 6? Do I have to wait for the 2 day time from 19 sept 15. If so, it's already 21 sept 15. My 11 days expires at approx 6.am on 22 sept 15 (please remember I'm taking Aust time, not s8 or USA time). Either way that leaves a very small margin to complete chapter 6, whatever that may be. After all the steps gone through the it could be a simple case of "congrats, click here for Sir Hammy", OR, it could be jump through the the horse rings you may or may not have got many times over to get there.

Thanks to all that read my thoughts out loud. To those on lower levels, I would suggest you really think about if it is worth it. At the end, we could end up with a little pig that only gives truffles. Easy come, easy go for those.

Back to the 12 gems. If I gemmed to chapter 2 and completed, do I then need to wait another 48 hours and be in the same predicting as above. Cheers and happy gaming all.

Edit. I just posted and for those wondering about the time difference, it is currently 2.48pm Friday 11 sept 15 where I am.

Ps that could be 9/11. Aussies do remember. Blessings to all.
    Last edited by outhouse01; 09-10-15 at 09:50 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm one of the players that gemmed through the golden nugget requirement in upgrading the Jousting Arena. I'm stingy in parting with them and it's taken at least a year to accumulate 21.. Not looking forward to giving them away. I think I'd pay the $5 worth of gems to avoid that...that's my stance on that right now..but it depends on what this Raging Ravenous Bad Boy aka Sweetie Pie Hamlet actually drops? If it's just excess truffles, which I can't stand the sight of anyway, then that's gonna be a "No" and I'll bow out.
    Last edited by midgetsocks; 09-10-15 at 09:48 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by outhouse01 View Post
    Back to the 12 gems. If I gemmed to chapter 2 and completed, do I then need to wait another 48 hours and be in the same predicting as above. Cheers and happy gaming all.
    Yeah I think Annie is moving so fast because she's gemming through the wait times. So if you gem ahead from one day to the next, you're going to have to wait longer and longer if you don't keep gemming. Hope I'm not misinformed or deluded, etc.

I don't have 500,000 coins, gold nuggets, ornate beams. I could gem through all of that, but the real deal ****er for me is 450 gems for the magic fruit I don't have. Hate to miss this. Luck to all

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Yeah I think Annie is moving so fast because she's gemming through the wait times. So if you gem ahead from one day to the next, you're going to have to wait longer and longer if you don't keep gemming. Hope I'm not misinformed or deluded, etc.
    Based on what happened when speeding chapters in DS you are correct. If chapter 2 is supposed to open on Saturday and chapter 3 on Monday (2 days apart) then you would still have to wait until Monday to get chapter 3 even if you started chapter 2 early. Once you start speeding chapters you pretty much need to speed them all or the wait times are unbelievably long.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    Should finish chapter 1 in the next hour. Just saw that we need to Give 10 ornate beams for step 3, of chapter 3. So definitely stop making Faerie Sap, if you don't have ornate beams in storage.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Ta. I don't think your misguided or deluded. I think your correct. Those is my RL know that I don't normally ask a question unless I know the answer and am only after confirmation.

Ta also to Annie. I think I'll wait for a day or 2 to see what unfolds. Unfortunately, I think my crystal ball sees a number of players getting caught out.

Once again thanks to all that provide input and foresight. Cheers

Cheers all.