Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Service Salute Part 2: Captain K9 09/08/15

Rhino Keeper
    Just got my 13 hour timer. Yay. Back to trying for the Dalmatian. I have a strange feeling that I will not be successful with this trio.

Edit - got it with rock rhino and pandaffodil both epics.
    Last edited by mrhammy48; 09-10-15 at 01:11 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RowanaFarrin View Post
    Got it on the second try! If this pattern keeps up, I should get the last dog on my third try? That would be both awesome and amazing! Going to try some four element breedings with my Dalmation for a while while I wait for the last one.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to visit all my neighbors and see if I can spread some luck around! ^_^
    Congrats RowanaFarrin! Can I ask what combo did you use to get your K9?
    Always nice to see what others are having success with.
    I'll probably mix up some 4 element attempts (with ogreve's handy thought process) with some nature/earth combo animals along with some straight up panda & rhino. Seems less boring/stressful to mix it up a little while I wait...
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Executive Chef
    Hi folks I want to have my Captain K9 necessarily LVL 15 (Epic). So now is collecting food to get. I hope morning no tasks book appears.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	23638 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	23639

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Very interesting. Sounds kinda like the situation that I had yesterday where an Armordillo gave me THREE bombs; something that never happens otherwise. Could it in reality have been a "switched over" 14 hours timer?! Who knows... Sounds like we are both having "sync issues" (as TL calls it) just like I so happened to get two "sync issues" right when the Wheel of Misfortune stopped on an animal...

Anyway, all conspiracy theories aside, I see the trio breeding is going no different than it went for the other trios and after an endless chain of mostly the same fails all over again, I think I'll now switch to 4-element breeding for a while so as to at least work on my own agenda. Even if that makes chances of getting the Service animals even lower, it will at least be something else to aim for... I shall make sure to have the 4-elements include earth-nature-fire, so that limits the attempts to three different kinds of elemental combinations.
    A quick check at the breeding calculator (which isn't 100% up to date now) seems to tell me the following stats:
    1-earth-nature-fire-water: 31 outcomes of which I need 6 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Ocean Owl, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: shortest fail times of the three and it also gives a shot at the Ocean Owl that I need for trying to breed the Treasure Toucan.
    2-earth-nature-fire-electric: 34 outcomes of which I need 9 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Porkupine, Storm Sphinx, Eagle Beagle, Shockatoo, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: 9 good outcomes, but the downside is that these include the longest fails, and there are more outcomes than those of option 1.
    3-earth-nature-fire-dark: 36 outcomes of which I need 8 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Lunar Moth, Punk Skunk, Onyx Ox, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: it gives a chance at the Lunar Moth. Disadvantages: most outcomes and worst good/bad ratio. Breeding times tend to be longer than option 1 too.

O.k., once again writing down the options has helped me determine a strategy: option 1 (earth-nature-fire-water) it is: shortest fails, best good/bad outcome ratio and it gives me a shot at the Ocean Owl which I need for trying for the Treasure Toucan. If I get fed up with this combination, I'll give option 2 (substituting water for electric) a few shots.
    I think I must start by thanking you for putting the options out for every one. At least you have saved me so much time
    I am going to give one last ditch try for the trio and then I think I will follow your strategy. The outcomes for me outweigh the fails
    Though with the luck I am having I will get an army of animals I already have. But still worth a shot.

Fashion Designer
    Phew!! After 17 tries Captain K9 finally popped up. Sure hope the last pup has a better drop rate.
    JUICYBERRY--EnchantedWings-- Lunaria✨✨--KODIAK DREAMS
    --------FS2-----------------DS--------------------CS-------------------FF----------
    ID: crystalrayn3
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executive Chef
    I really hope I get this one I will name it after my German shepard

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    I think I must start by thanking you for putting the options out for every one. At least you have saved me so much time
    I am going to give one last ditch try for the trio and then I think I will follow your strategy. The outcomes for me outweigh the fails
    Though with the luck I am having I will get an army of animals I already have. But still worth a shot.
    You're welcome!
    I already put in my first earth-nature-fire-water attempt: 7 hours, so it's either a Skyger or a Vinotaur (both of which I have, of course): at least it's a refreshingly different counter from the 9-hour Plantlers and 12-hour Armordillos :P

Fashion Designer
    If I keep getting nothing but Plantlers fails, I might switch over to Earth-Nature-Water breeding (15 possibilities, of which I need 8: Captain K9, Bamboon, Hedgehog, Grassquatch, Chilly Goat, Ocean Owl, Iciclaw, and Rockodile) or a 4-element attempt of some sort.
    If you see a level 18 forest named Sleepy Hollow, it might be me. If you are interested in being neighbors, send me a private message and I'll tell you my Storm8 ID

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Paw animal #2 attempts:

1. Panda & Rhino = Hedgehog (bad fail - already have)
    2. Ancient Sloth & Bamboon = 14 hour (hoping thats at least a Grassquatch that I still need and not another hedgehog)
    And it's a hedgehog fail
    3. Sapybara & Bamboon = 14 hr timer
    4. panda & ancient sloth = 9 hr fail

I'll be trying one of ogreve's strategies next...with either a earth-nature-water OR 4 element earth-nature-water-fire. I'm liking the shorter fails AND I still need many of those animals as well (including the ocean owl)

I ended up switching to 4 elements for the Dalmatian and then back to basic again and finally got him. Hoping for the same luck with the K9.

Good luck all. Please keep posting stragety's and what combos worked for you - it helps alot!!

Ok. My # 3 ended up being a Grassquatch (great, needed that one).
    Then #4 was a planter

Just put in a 4 element try using ogreves strategy. Tried a hydro yak & the Chimpala. Got a 7 hr timer. Hoping is a Vinotaur which I need still & not a Skygar.

Sadly last attempt = Skygar

Put in basic panda & rhino for next attempt = 9 hr timer fail
    Last edited by HappyHeartBakery; 09-11-15 at 04:24 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Congrats RowanaFarrin! Can I ask what combo did you use to get your K9?
    Always nice to see what others are having success with.
    I'll probably mix up some 4 element attempts (with ogreve's handy thought process) with some nature/earth combo animals along with some straight up panda & rhino. Seems less boring/stressful to mix it up a little while I wait...
    Sure! Sorry I should have mentioned that. I just used Pandaffodil and Rock Rhino. I used Rock Rhino and Pyro Pony for the Dalmation. Hope this is helpful!