Views:	153 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	23577

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	23582

Today's update also includes a Bulldog Value Pack. FYY - my price shown is in Canadian $.

Views:	133 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	23584
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 09-08-15 at 01:42 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know what the breeding time is? I just got a 13 hr egg and can't seem to find what animal this is? Could it be K9??

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by forestwald View Post
    Does anyone know what the breeding time is? I just got a 13 hr egg and can't seem to find what animal this is? Could it be K9??
    Congrats! The time for Captain K9 is indeed 13 hours for the Nature/Earth combo.
    Last edited by chippychan; 09-08-15 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Just got 13 hours also with unicorpia & emerald

Rhino Keeper
    Got it with emerald and rock rhino. Breeding time 13 hrs. The egg looks very cute. Good luck everyone!

Views:	244 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	23578

Views:	255 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	23579

Views:	155 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	23580

Fashion Designer
    I decided to speed through my first Plantlers fail and got 13 hours! Panda and Rhino worked their magic :-)

Views:	89 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	23581

Executive Chef
    Congrats to those who got it!
    Unfortunately I didn't know in time that the breeding formula was different so right after the update I put in another earth-fire attempt only to get another Armordillo.

I'm very trigger happy to just speed the Rooster and Armordillo away, but that's gem-expensive and I'm quite sure that I wouldn't get the desired K9 directly anyway. I think I'll play the "patience game" and see if I'm going to attempt this with straight attempts or with 4-element ones; the latter certainly feel more appealing as I'm then working on my own agenda and not giving in to the endless chain of fruitless limited trio animal breeding fails....
    I may alternate between the two too. Hmmm, I don't know exactly what would be best to do...<SIGH>

My results:
    --- straight earth-nature ---
    #01: Ancient Sloth (15) + Hedgehog (12): Plantlers [sped directly off the nest]
    #02: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Grassquatch!!!! Finally! That's the only earth-nature fail I needed still!
    #03: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers
    #04: Ancient Sloth (15) + Bamboon (10): Plantlers
    #05: Volcamel (4) + Bamboon (10): Fairy Ferret
    #06: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

--- 4-element breeding ---
    #07: Vinotaur (15) + Rainguin (15): Skyger
    #08: Vinotaur (15) + Blizard (15): Skyger
    #09: Hydro Yak (11) + Armordillo (12): Plantlers

--- straight earth-nature ---
    #10: Pandaffodil (15) + Rock Rhino (15): Plantlers

Well, this morning I "snuffed the Rooster" by speeding it's last 6 hours hatching time away and instantly selling it. I gave my highest level nature-earth hybrids a go and of course that only resulted in a Plantlers. I didn't want to see an Armordillo egg on the nest and that 9 hour timer in the den all day long so I decided to (for once) speed them both directly away at a cost of 21 gems and put in the Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino. It gave me a 14 hour timer.
    Right after the Plantlers finishes hatching, I'll again speed the remaining breeding time away, but I don't like the gem costs of doing so. I want to do a BIT of speeding, but not too much....

Update:
    Hah! This time I didn't "kiss and tell" and upon seeing the 14 hours timer I decided to not tease the karma gods by writing about how the Grassquatch was the ONLY earth-nature outcome that had eluded me for a looooooong time. I just sped the last two hours of Plantlers breeding off the nest (so the hatching will end around 00:30 tonight at which time I'll speed the remaining 14 hours hatching time and can put in another attempt). I then made sure to not get my hopes up too high when moving the 14 hour timer egg to the nest, fearing it would be another Hedgehog, but no! This time the karma gods smiled upon me and gave me the Grassquatch!
    Though I so far have not had any success in breeding a service animal at least I've now had two good fails (Rubble Rooster and Grassquatch), and.... When the Grassquatch hatching ends, I will *finally* have completed the "In Touch With Nature" goal, that has been for a loooooooooong time in my "Goals" menu. :P

New strategy:
    O.k., I'm getting really fed up with the same fails all over again; attempt number 6 was yet another Plantlers, and just like the other three Plantlers it gave me only 1 bomb.
    Time switch to 4-element breeding now for a while! Even if that makes chances of getting the Service animals even lower, it will at least be something else to aim for... I shall make sure to have the 4-elements include earth-nature-fire, so that limits the attempts to three different kinds of elemental combinations.
    A quick check at the breeding calculator (which isn't 100% up to date now) seems to tell me the following stats:
    1-earth-nature-fire-water: 31 outcomes of which I need 6 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Ocean Owl, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: shortest fail times of the three and it also gives a shot at the Ocean Owl that I need for trying to breed the Treasure Toucan.
    2-earth-nature-fire-electric: 34 outcomes of which I need 9 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Porkupine, Storm Sphinx, Eagle Beagle, Shockatoo, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: 9 good outcomes, but the downside is that these include the longest fails, and there are more outcomes than those of option 1.
    3-earth-nature-fire-dark: 36 outcomes of which I need 8 still (i.e. Crystal Unicorn, Flyerfox, Paradise Parrot, Lunar Moth, Punk Skunk, Onyx Ox, Station Dalmatian, Captain K9). Advantages: it gives a chance at the Lunar Moth. Disadvantages: most outcomes and worst good/bad ratio. Breeding times tend to be longer than option 1 too.

O.k., once again writing down the options has helped me determine a strategy: option 1 (earth-nature-fire-water) it is: shortest fails, best good/bad outcome ratio and it gives me a shot at the Ocean Owl which I need for trying for the Treasure Toucan. If I get fed up with this combination, I'll give option 2 (substituting water for electric) a few shots.
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-12-15 at 12:32 AM.

Executive Chef
    Hello I have Captain K9 buy, I love German Shepherds and want a 2 have. Good luck to all, I have been breeding with Pandaffodil / Rock Rhino and get Plantlers

Views:	121 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	23583

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by chippychan View Post
    Congrats! The time for Captain K9 is indeed 13 hours for the Nature/Earth combo.

Cool. Thanks. I got it with rhino and panda.

Executive Chef
    This is an interesting change for the trios. We now use different element combinations for the first and second animals. I don't recall that ever happening before. Makes it more difficult to breed the second animal until you breed the first.

Also the fails for breeding the third animal will most likely be Nature/Fire which will be the shortest fail times of the three combinations. In theory that should make it easier to breed the 3rd animal once you have the first two (at least you can make more attempts). At least the fails will vary between the animals instead of the same thing for three weeks. On balance I think the changes look positive.

I am still trying for the first of the trio. Good Luck to all.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 09-08-15 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast